Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Some dude literally just walked into my gym and offered to put me up in Hyderabad for a year to run his crossfit gym.

gently caress it I'm going if the offer is legit. Even if he just buys me a plane ticket and dumps me over there, hey, I'll be in India.

Tell me about this city I know nothing about but am now considering moving to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Contract signed.

Moving to India in December.

Hoo boy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yiggy posted:

I don't remember the brand, but there are topical creams available and you can also get cans of DEET spray for the home. My neighborhood dry grocer would keep it stocked, but failing that a dedicated pharmacy/OTC medical goods stand (of which there are many) will keep it in stock. They also use these thingys with a fluid tank you plug into the electric outlet which puts DEET in the air kind of like a glade plug in.

I have one in every room of our house and we haven't seen a mosquito since.

No one I've spoken to uses a mosquito net. They're incredibly blasé about them to be honest. I live in Nectar gardens, and everyone just tells us to keep our doors shut between 6-8.

anyway if any goons need a place to crash we have two extra bedrooms so whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was told specifically by the locals (and especially the european expats for some reason) not to get the malaria vaccine.

Now typhoid? that was the first stop.

Also I need to get my hep and tetanus boosters but :effort:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i have to get to London from Hyderabad for a job interview.

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being only minor flesh wounds and 10 being certain death moments into takeoff, how bad is Air India?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don't worry about money or a withdrawal limit. I can't imagine how you'd even spend 10,000 rupees in cash in a week unless you're trying to buy a GODDAMN COMFORTABLE SOFA WHICH DOES NOT loving EXIST IN THIS COUNTRY

Anarkii posted:

Fiz you still running crossfit gym in hyderabad? I just came here for a week for work. The weather and traffic here is better than I remembered.

sorry I missed this, was in thailand.

Yep, sure am. And the traffic is better? What kind of apocalypse were you expecting?

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 4, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Happy Holi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thethirdman posted:

Both! There are packets of supari/betel nut and packets of tobacco. A lot of Indians use both, continuously.

Think of really ratchet skoal. It's the bright red/yellow stuff you see rickshaw drivers spitting constantly.

I've also heard it makes you high but I'm not sure I believe that. Indians are weird when talking about drugs. All my security guards are clearly high as poo poo late at night. When I asked what drug they're using, my friends just say "oh, they smoke a lot of tobacco."

• Locked thread