Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

E the Shaggy posted:

Everyone needs to read Scott Snyder's "Severed". Amazing, scary as hell horror comic.

I really want to second this. The first chapter/issue is kind of cliche and stupid but that's just to hook you in so you know that they aren't pulling any punches. From that point on it starts into a very slow burn of horror.

Even the art feels so perfectly in place in the horror genre. It's not a perfect book but it gets so many things right. Too many things are listed as horror just because there's a monster in it.

Take Ferals for example. It's a werewolf comic but there's nothing scary at all about it. It's a cheesy pulp action comic about gore and violence. They don't even try to make it scary, just bloody.

Severed however really tries to push the feeling of horror in everything it does. Never once do you feel any of the characters are safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That was amazing. I never even knew such a thing existed. Totally ordering it from my local comic book shop.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Any one else reading Ferals? What the gently caress is going on in it?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KomradeX posted:

Any recommendations for Western horror comics? Something in the vein of Hellboy,BPRD (which Im woefully behind on, vol.6 of the main series)or Baltimore? Something especially like the horror comics from the 50s, or along the lines of Weird War Tales. I'll even try reading any manga that are along the lines of WWT.

Depending on your definition of horror, there are some issues of Global Frequency that could work. The best part is that since every issue is a stand alone episodic adventure, you can just pick up the horror ones.

• Locked thread