Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Taboo looks awesome. I just filled my run of Bruce Jones Twisted Tales (Both Volumes) and Alien Worlds. I am going to send them to get hard bound soon. I wish the horror anthologies from the 80's and 90's would get collected. I love me some old Creepy but after a while the stories tend to seem same-ish or have extremely stupid twists. Looking forward to more recommendations out of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

KomradeX posted:

Any recommendations for Western horror comics? Something in the vein of Hellboy,BPRD (which Im woefully behind on, vol.6 of the main series)or Baltimore? Something especially like the horror comics from the 50s, or along the lines of Weird War Tales. I'll even try reading any manga that are along the lines of WWT.

I have been re-reading Hellblazer from the begining and there is some creepy disturbing poo poo in there. Check TFAW as the Creepy and Eerie archives go on sale for 50% or more off. Steve Niles can be alright if not a bit derivitive sometimes. The first few 30 Days of Night were kinda cool.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

muscles like this? posted:

There are some good Hellraiser books that are just stand alones that tell stories of people interacting with the puzzle box.

In a more "Twin Peaks" vibe there's Warren Ellis' short lived Fell series. Its about a cop, Richard Fell, who makes some unspecified gently caress up that gets him transferred to the nightmarish Snowtown where everything is just off.

Fell was awesome. Wish it had gone on longer.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Hey guys I just got approval to post something neat!

The Eyes of the Cat

Written by Alejandro Jodorowsky
Art by Moebius

This is a neat comic because for about 20 years this was it's only printing in english and basically the only way anyone outside of France could read it at all.

It's 50 pages long and I scanned it out of Taboo #4. Sorry the gutters are a little messed up. It was either that or completely demolish the spine of a kinda rare comic book!

You can grab it off my dropbox here. Also, please be cool about this because I don't know what kind of bandwith dropbox gives me. Hopefully an 8 mb rar file won't destroy me. If someone wants to mirror it, great. And remember that in order to view it you either need a CBR viewer or just unzip it with winrar.

If you enjoyed this and would like to see the art in really nice-o-vision with a slightly different translation you can buy the 35 dollar hardcover version from here.

Really cool! Thank you!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Has anyone gotten a hold of The Creeps Magazine yet?

http://www.thecreepsmagazine.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Is this an ongoing or one-time?

quote:

We've been bombarded with submission requests since we started The Creeps, including from some of the old Warren talent, which tells me there is a real need on the creative end for a showcase of this type in this genre. We'd like The Creeps to become a strong creative forum for free-lancers and help contribute to the overall health and welfare of the creative elements the the industry, but the real question now is if enough of this market still exists, or if we can help ramp up what remains of this previously dormant market enough to sustain us into profitability. Brian, you read our minds, we are looking at a semi-annual schedule (twice annually) through 2015 with an eye on moving to a quarterly schedule in 2016. We will not be offering subscriptions until the project is firmly footed, we want to ensure that when we begin accepting funds from subscribers, we are able to honor our longer-term commitments. We're hoping to begin offering subscriptions sometime in 2015.

- The Old Creep

sporklift fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 30, 2014

• Locked thread