Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
There were therapy dogs at my University today! They were all trainee service dogs. A few were even puppies! :neckbeard: I got to pet a little puppy that licked my face and tried to eat my nose. :kimchi: I also learned that there are service "comfort" dogs that are used when someone - usually a kid - has to testify in a sexual abuse case. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

kinmik posted:

dammit roy

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

WAIT

Is THIS where the phrase "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?" Comes from? Man, it would make my day to know that.

I want to know just what the hell that's from. The people at the old folks home won't tell me :saddowns:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Dr. Witherbone posted:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

WAIT

Is THIS where the phrase "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?" Comes from? Man, it would make my day to know that.

I want to know just what the hell that's from. The people at the old folks home won't tell me :saddowns:

Pardon me, boys, is that the Chattanooga choo-choo?

I think the Roy thing is both an old joke, and also a mishearing of lyrics from Chattanooga Choo Choo. The former may extend from the latter.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

Cats welcoming soldiers home

http://imgur.com/a/IxyZN

I travel a lot, and this is basically my cats' first reaction whenever I come home from a long trip. I think they're seriously concerned about body doubles or something. They need a bit of an observation period before they're convinced it's really me.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I dunno, I've brought my cat home from the vet before, maybe an 1 hour trip, and his big sister treated him like an intruder for a whole day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

I travel a lot, and this is basically my cats' first reaction whenever I come home from a long trip. I think they're seriously concerned about body doubles or something. They need a bit of an observation period before they're convinced it's really me.

Every day when I get home at least one cat is waiting for me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Every single time I come home my cat will come running from wherever he's sleeping at and meow at me while rolling around on the floor. I think he might be a bit confused about his species.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Nordick posted:

Every single time I come home my cat will come running from wherever he's sleeping at and meow at me while rolling around on the floor. I think he might be a bit confused about his species.

My cat used to do this too. If he wasn't running at you, he was sleeping in one of the chairs, and was immediately waking up when you opened the door. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjeNh2lLXDU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Every day when I get home at least one cat is waiting for me.

Yeah my cats do that if it's only a day or two, but if I'm gone for a week or so it takes them a while to decide I'm not some sort of feline Manchurian Candidate just waiting for a signal.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Obligatory Toast posted:

My cat used to do this too. If he wasn't running at you, he was sleeping in one of the chairs, and was immediately waking up when you opened the door. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjeNh2lLXDU

That cat is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4c0HE6pCjM

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

Nordick posted:

Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home my little human being cat just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My cats come running when I get in at 5. Meowing, purring, big eyes.

But not because of me, per se. Just that 5 means wet food and I'm the tall one with the thumbs.

edit: Though one time I was gone for 10 days (my friend took care of them while I was gone) and when I came back I just got a day's worth of "how loving could you?" looks.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Every time I come home, my Tuxedo cat greets me. She sits mid-way down the driveway, and runs alongside my car as I park. We go inside together, she runs ahead of me upstairs to my bedroom door, and waits. Then we get in bed and she cuddles up with me. Even in the summer we had this routine. I love my cat. :3:

Yargh has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Nov 21, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I love this thread so much...been following it from the beginning, and now I have to post something:

This is Padfoot, my parents' 4-year-old Lab rescue. He got the name because of his enormous loving paws (they are seriously huge; I wish I had a picture on hand), and because his foster parents loved Harry Potter.

When he first came into our lives (I lived at home then), we had gone through a 3-month stretch where we had no dogs. Now, that doesn't sound like a long time, but we had had at least one dog in our house as long as I had been alive, and I was 26 years old when we got him. We'd lost two dogs in two months--one to advanced age, one to cancer--and we were devastated. My father resisted the idea of a rescue dog, but eventually he caved, and we adopted the goofy bastard.

He's ostensibly a Lab, but he weighs close to a hundred pounds and eats everything within reach. That picture is of him sunning himself on our deck. Dozy dog. :3:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

"Actually yes, I have been swimming. Why do you ask?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how it makes exactly the same noise every time it comes into a room.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

I saw the first vid a few weeks after Jade died and I was nearly brought to tears. He used to come down the stairs like this when I cam e home. I miss my pretty dumb baby, but I can't wait to adopt again. :unsmith:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

The wrinkliest puppy you ever did see. :neckbeard:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah my cats do that if it's only a day or two, but if I'm gone for a week or so it takes them a while to decide I'm not some sort of feline Manchurian Candidate just waiting for a signal.

My friend's cat practically live on a counter in their kitchen so she can grab onto anyone walking past and make them pat her. But if you walk out of the room, put on a jacket and come back, she will look at you like you're from the moon and run away and hide.

She just doesn't get the idea of changing clothes.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Walking towards my cats while wearing shoes freaks them out because they think it means I'm coming to shove them in a box and take them to the vet. Unfortunately it mostly means I can't give them goodbye pets when leaving on a trip or something.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Centenarian sees the ocean for the first time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30143432

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dog obedience trials! The dogs are placed at the start of a course strewn with dog food, treats and toys and their owner stands at the other end and calls them. All they have to do to pass is go straight to their owner without getting distracted by all the goodies in their path. The first few dogs pass with flying colours but then ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTTNRE-njM

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Nov 22, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love at the end, the dog is still all "but there's still stuff out there! stuuuuuffff!" :( :(

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dog obedience trials! The dogs are placed at the start of a course strewn with dog food, treats and toys and their owner stands at the other end and calls them. All they have to do to pass is go straight to their owner without getting distracted by all the goodies in their path. The first few dogs pass with flying colours but then ...

The only thing that could make this better: if the retriever took a massive dump at the end :3

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I think it might be even funnier in gif form since it speeds it up.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
This is a Chow-chow kennel full of fluffy bear-puppies. :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1AHAdX_tBU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

mycot posted:

Yeah, I think we know who the winner is :3:

e: "I thought this was the pie eating contest, honest!"

Comptroll The Forums has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Nov 22, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mycot posted:

"Got them all. Hows my time?"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Minarch posted:

Yeah, I think we know who the winner is :3:

e: "I thought this was the pie eating contest, honest!"

Of all the stuff that goes on the picking up of the stuffed toy and moving it next to the stuffed toy on the other side of the path is the bit that gets me. Is he helping the guy find his friend, are his sensors overloaded and he doesn't know what is going on, could it be both? If his sensors are so overloaded, why does he drop the toy next to his friend?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The mic cuts out in the middle of the American national anthem before a hockey game in Canada. So the Canadian audience helps out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSaHRd4Q48

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Canada is the best little brother country that America needs, but doesn't deserve. :unsmith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Never in my life have I cared much about exotic cats as pets.

Today Cracked introduced me to the Lykoi Cat a new exotic cross breed that I need to have in my life once they become widely bred enough to be distributed into homes.

I need my own little were-cat :3:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

This is a baby possum eating a grape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcHRmIYRXvo

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

This was incredibly cute. His little "munch munch" noises!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Choco1980 posted:

Never in my life have I cared much about exotic cats as pets.

Today Cracked introduced me to the Lykoi Cat a new exotic cross breed that I need to have in my life once they become widely bred enough to be distributed into homes.

I need my own little were-cat :3:

Its not a crossbreed or hybrid. Its a small mutation, just like with the development of the Sphynx breed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

IslamoNazi posted:

Of all the stuff that goes on the picking up of the stuffed toy and moving it next to the stuffed toy on the other side of the path is the bit that gets me. Is he helping the guy find his friend, are his sensors overloaded and he doesn't know what is going on, could it be both? If his sensors are so overloaded, why does he drop the toy next to his friend?

Well a Golden Retriever is biologically programmed to basically nose around looking for stuff (which he's doing very well!) and then pick it up and bring it to its owner, but then this one probably got distracted and dropped it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
3 grandmothers get high for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBAZJ4lF0U

Pussyfarts! The musical!

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Nov 23, 2014

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Pheeets posted:

This was incredibly cute. His little "munch munch" noises!

That person's whole channel is amazing. Tiny frog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fae9U0iD-4Y

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.

Do you one better.

Here's a raccoon eating grapes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwGq0I4xEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

:staredog: