Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

VideoTapir posted:

I'll bet the company that makes that are loving ecstatic right now.

I went to order some on Amazon and "users also bought" shows some motorcycle googles as an add-on item. I also got it in my recommendations because I bought the art book (thanks to folks who praised it here, it's phenomenal). I've seen it sold out on shelves at local craft shops, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Unless the extinguisher is spraying chrome all over space I fail to see where this is relevant :colbert:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I can't be the only person who saw Joe wailing as less mourning the loss of Splendid and more of a tantrum because his current favorite babymaker was destroyed because his strongest weapon (aka Furiosa) betrayed him. Joe was making a big histrionic show of it because his toys got broken and it will rile up the dependent Warboys as a side bonus. Rictus meanwhile was genuine in the loss of his perfect baby brother, at least appreciating a sibling as a concept as opposed to an object.

People however are not objects nor concepts. Those who treat people like things may be sympathetic, but to enslave, to use, to create a community with parody of free will and a mockery of freedom, there is no excuse. There was no need to steal women for breeding and keep them in a gilded cage. There was no need to twist people's thinking about water. Sympathize all you like, but consider the sort of person who would choose such a life for others instead of a quick death if survival for resources is a necessity.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Oscars are about as important as chrome is from a realistic standpoint.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Ultron was bad-to-middling for several reasons, but to be somewhat topical it's because Whedon never progressed past second-wave feminism, where being a Strong Female Character was downright progressive. Also because Whedon has exactly one story in him and it wore out its welcome somewhere between Buffy and Dollhouse (ick). He's so caught up on certain archetypes he forgets to write/direct actual characters - ya know, like the ones in Fury Road where by virtue of simply being treated as PEOPLE (instead of "Angry Chick" and "Pregnant Wife" and "Virgin") it's far and away a better story.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I love how Jenny Beavan didn't give two fucks about judgmental assholes while she went to accept her award in her incredible rhinestone leather jacket. :mediocre: old jerks in tuxes couldn't handle the costume designer Vuvalini talking about being kinder and not polluting the earth. She won in '87 and dressed "unconventionally" then as well (compared to this year it was downright conservative).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I'm unsure if the fault is more with the artist(s) or the editor, but they could have chosen to interpret Miller's notes in a way that didn't explicitly show repeated rapes and constant pregnancy checks (Organic Mechanic: OB/GYN! - and framed between a woman's legs, no less, because Sexy!). Like Parasol Prophet said, if there HAD to be backstory, it ought to have focused on Furiosa's growth and choices that made her the person we meet in the film.

chitoryu12 posted:

Have fun learning about how Joe anally rapes Toast the Knowing because that's outright stated in there.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me how the script implies Joe is bi/gay and vilifies him for this reason, as opposed to being, ya know, a goddamn rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is this going to be the new "nothing but salt" debate?

• Locked thread