Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

Merry Christmas Scary Wormhole!
I think it's worth mentioning that near the completion of the Emperor's New Groove, Sting almost had his name taken off of the credits because he felt the waterpark at the end unfairly sold the concepts of greed and commercialization to children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

I'd consigned myself to never seeing the Ray Liotta clip when I found version that someone had taped off of their TV with the Italian audiotrack. Now I don't want to see the English because it could never live up.

Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

Looking at this picture again, I'm noticing you can't distinguish between what on that plate is 'real' and 'toy.' Is that lime supposed to be part of his dinner? Or made of plastic? What about those assorted brown bits?

Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

Only with a weird face that god drat reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

At least, I'm sure that's what they were going for.

Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

I think the purpose of villains like Waternoose and Lotso is to underline what happens if the protagonists don't learn from or make the right decision about their conflict. Gallant has less impact without Goofus to serve as a counterexample.

Do they need to be ramped up to the point of desperation at story's end? Not necessarily, but it sure makes the message clearer.

• Locked thread