Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

max4me posted:

he really needed to make the love interest a fellow Bee and come up with a different plot angle

and then, most importantly, not make a dumb movie about bee puns at all

It's pretty amazing to me that of all the potentially interesting Bee Facts that could have filled a two hour movie, they basically just made the honey joke over and over again and threw in some miscellaneous bug jokes left over from Antz. It's almost as if they are only familiar with bees from cartoons and didn't know they were a real thing.

Imagine Finding Nemo with this level of research. All the fish in the ocean snackin on canned fish food while the clownfish tells jokes (because he's a clownfish get it? we find this unironically funny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

Magic Hate Ball posted:

No no, watch Little Bee!

edit oh god don't

Not only is this more informative than Bee Movie within the first ten minutes, holy god, the main character is voiced by Ash Ketchum

[edit]Oh, are we nominating terrible forgotten animated films for Pick to watch? Because I've got to nominate Hoodwinked, the hee-larious 2005 fractured fairytale featuring the animation and topical humor of 1996. I haven't seen it, but I've never forgotten how hard it was pushed or how really very cruddy it looked. [/edit]

bagshotrow fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 18, 2013

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

FutonForensic posted:

On that note, I might as well toss Doogal in the pile. I'm not enjoying the resurgence of all these CG crapfests in my brain, might as well force it on everyone else.

Holy crap, how did they enlist all of these celebrities? At what point does a hollywood actor develop a sense of dignity that says "What? That looks loving awful. I'm not doing that." The very presence of Jimmy Fallon and Whoopi Goldberg should have been a red flag for some of these people.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

The Time Dissolver posted:

No, it happened because in a year that also gave us Robots (Robin Williams), Corpse Bride (Johnny Depp), Chicken Little (Zach Braff), Hoodwinked (Anne Hathaway), and Madagascar (Ben Stiller), parents with young children plunking down forty bucks for an evening at the movies are not going to settle for (Jim Broadbent) and (Tom Baker).

Wow, what a really terrible year for animation. I don't remember even seeing this movie publicized in my city.

And I'm having a lot of trouble imagining Jon Stewart and Tom Baker portraying the same role.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

Penny Paper posted:

I heard the British version reanimated that scene so that way Patrick sprays Blue with a portable showerhead, as the censors over there felt that kids would easily be swayed into thinking that making an aerosol flamethrower is cool.

'cause it IS loving cool.

• Locked thread