Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I'm glad I read this thread, I signed up for a Mobile Share data plan for my laptop, and while the rep said it was month-to-month since it was my own device, looking on the website I am indeed on a contract. :I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Vinlaen posted:

What's the cheapest way (monthly cost) for me to use a 3G/4G USB modem with about 2 GB of data per month?

I'm currently on "FamilyTalk" with two phones:
* iPhone 5 w/unlimited data
* iPhone 4 with 250 MB (wife's phone)

This costs $94.29 per month (plus taxes/fees) after our 23% FAN discount.

If I switch to Mobile Share (for the sole purpose of adding a 3G/4G USB modem), it will cost a LOT more ($159.30 including the 3G/4G modem).

Do I have any other options?

I was hoping to get a 3G/4G USB modem added to my account for something like $20/month for 2GB...

You could always open a new Mobile Share data plan, $30(-FAN) base + $20 per modem. Should be $43/mo after FAN. Ends up being slightly cheaper and you also get a 4GB bucket, plus if you ever want to add an iPad or something to that, it's only $10.

No idea about existing lines for non-data Mobile Share, though. Non-mobile share laptop lines were $50/mo for 5GB last I checked. Modem plans are always kind of expensive.