Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Any idea what the gently caress is wrong with ATTs lovely website?

I'm trying to upgrade a line/pre-order the HTC One.

When I get to step 2: 'Add Services', I add my services, and select 'add to cart'. Then I get this lovely error message popup:

atg.droplet.DropletException (errorCode.atg.droplet.DropletException)

I close out of the error popup, try again, and this process repeats forever. Customer service reps are clueless, and keep telling me that it must be a problem with my cookies. This problem persists among multiple web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) on multiple machines.

I effectively cannot preorder a phone and upgrade my line due to a javascript error that no one wants to acknowledge or fix. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Is it possible to preorder an HTC One from a corporate store yet? I give up on trying to get the drat thing preordered through the ATT site. My account is blocked from adding any services online to a line due to a scripting error with the site...

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Hey cool. My HTC One shipped. It will be here Monday evening.

But someone somehow managed to disable the loving SIM card on my current phone (I've tried swapping the thing into multiple phones and it detects the SIM but wont connect to the network). So I cannot make/receive calls for 4 days.

Awesome.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Why can I not catch a break?

I checked the UPS tracking on my HTC One today, and apparently the train derailed. No I am not making this poo poo up.
"Exception: Train Derailment" in Albuquerqe, New Mexico...

I checked the local news for Albuquerqe and:

(no one was hurt/killed though!)

What the gently caress do I do now? :suicide:

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Some Zero posted:

Re: train delay. The good news is that isn't the train containing your phone. That is not an express. What you are seeing is a delay because that is blocking the BN line that the mail trains run on. They will reroute your train and it shouldn't be more than a 24 hour delay. The email I got from the BN (I have customer freight stuck behind it as well) is they are reporting an 8-12 hour delay.

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

I just got done trying to talk to someone at the ATT store about it (before reading this thread again), and the person actually snapped at me even though I was just asking for advice. Wow.

Essentially: "Well it's your problem now. File a claim with UPS. Or file an insurance claim, and get a new phone by paying the $200 deductible. Nothing we can or will do."

Seriously? The company has actually cut costs to the point where it does not insure shipments containing $600-$800 pieces of hardware? My God. Or... did I just run into a rep that is a total rear end in a top hat?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Another thing...

Anyone know (or know how to find out) if ATT is allowed to tax the full retail, unsubsidized price of a phone in the state of Nevada? I know this can be done in California, but I thought this was restricted in NV.

Because it looks like I got taxed $42 on a $200 purchase... If Nevada allows that, then that's just the way it is, but if they do not then this loving corporate store isn't exactly following state tax law.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

It looks like Nevada requires them to charge tax on whatever they paid the supplier for it if it's subsidized:

http://tax.state.nv.us/documents/Nevada%20Tax%20Notes%20Issue%20181%20January%202013%20.pdf

Weak. O well.

Thanks for the info all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So I have a weird network issue.

A few days ago my HTC One decided to constantly drop signal. It now refuses to connect to anything aside from Edge and GPRS. I thought it might be due to some kind of network outage, but it is now day 4 and I am not so sure. What will happen is the phone will constantly switch between 'E' and 'G', and will often drop a signal completely for 5-10min when the data connection is used at all.

I used to have perfect reception and no issues connecting or using 4G lte.

What might be causing this? ATT network? Busted phone? Busted sim card?