Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Probably a really common question but I didn't see it in the last couple pages.

My HTC One comes in today. I got it under my wife's number on our family plan, but it's for me. We both have iPhone 4 phones right now - m with Unlimited, her with 2GB Data.

When the HTC One comes in the mail, can I just stick my microSIM in it? If I understand correctly an iPhone Unlimited Dataplan won't work on it and I'll have to go into the store to get things sorted out. Will they give me a hard time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

They won't unless you get a dick, and yeah it doesn't hurt to bring it in, get a new SIM and ensure it is working correctly. I think they come with the SIM though, so if so you can also just call care as well. And yes you will keep the same plan.

Great, thanks!

AppleCobbler posted:

why wouldn't he bring in his dick? :confused:

Whoops, almost left mine at home, thanks!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I just bought my wife an iPhone 5s from BestBuy.com, thanks to the $50 off promotion.

It was on my upgrade, on the family plan. When I go in, will they require me to activate it against my number - at which point I'll need to go to the AT&T store to switch it back to current phone? Or can I just tell them to activate the PHONE but not attach my number to it?

I know it's a Best Buy question, technically, but I imagine AT&T employees deal with outside purchases a lot. Thanks!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

SeaborneClink posted:

You could call 611 from your phone and say "Hi I just got a phone in the mail, can you help me activate it on <wife's phone number>"

Don't bother telling them where you got it or that back story, you're only complicating things.

Unfortunately, they'll probably activate it in store when I pick it up now. I didn't think of having it mailed.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Sticky posted:

If your mobile rep at best buy is competent he can use smart chat to do the cross upgrade.

Thanks! I'll bring it up.