Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Wife and I currently have Gs3's were about a year into our contract, We are considering picking up HTC one's or possibly Gs4. We thought about adding 2 extra lines in the next month or so and that should allow us to upgrade each year right? Is there a better way to go if we don't want to pay full price for the phones? We have unlimited data and a really nice corp discount so we have no intentions of going to another service. If we add 2 lines that should only increase our family plan 20$?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Any known data problems? My dad who barely uses 200mb, has used up almost his entire 2gb plan on the first day. He has wifi everywhere he goes for the most part. He keeps having these issues over and over, a few months ago he got charged two overage fees. The guy seriously does nothing on his phone. I think he has one app installed.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Beefstorm posted:

What's his phone? And what apps?

iPhone4 and last I looked at his phone he only had Angry birds installed.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Turnquiet posted:

Does buying an ebay unlock code for an AT&T phone unlock it for use with other domestic carriers like T-mobile, or is that strictly for international travel unlocking?

It unlocks it for whatever service its able to be used on. You need to check that your phone has the right frequency band's for whatever service you are using.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Gendo posted:

I'm actually in Scottsdale, AZ. Coverage here is great in some areas and non-existent in others.

I'm in Mesa and service the last few weeks has been awful. I wonder if something is going on? I've got about 4 bars of LTE at my house and my wife had to call me about 5 times to get through. Text messages are also coming in multiple times or very late.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Do many people still open up extra lines for upgrades? I know financially it makes no sense but my wife's phone is destroyed and paying 650 for a new iPhone would be tough right now. We are a year out from being upgrade eligible. This would only be $10 more a month right? Plus the cost of the upgrade.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

My store will bump an upgrade for Next, so its worth asking if a store would make an exception upgrade for that. Mileage will vary on that one.

This doesn't work with unlimited data right? It was a galaxy S3 but she hated it and wants to go back to an iPhone. ( sorry I worded that funny originally )

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

CharlesM posted:

I'll have to investigate that. The Lumina 1020 is still pretty expensive off-contract. It runs about $400-500 used it looks like, and full AT&T retail is $800!
Makes the fact it's $99 with a contract seem very tempting.

Edit: although at that discount I may as well sign the contract as it's much greater than the ETF...hmm

You also get a 14 day return policy if the service sucks for you.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
If I buy a Alacatel 871A prepaid phone that's not considered a smart phone because it has data capabilities right? I have an extra dumb phone line on my account and my brother is in a jam and needs a phone. Could we just pick one of those up from target or whatever and get it activated ? He just needs to text and make calls. Were paying $10 a month for the line anyway and I was just hoping to keep it that way. I just picked that one since it has a keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
I currently have 5 lines, 3 iPhone's on contract and 2 dumb phones. One iPhone is on the 3gb plan and the other 2 are on unlimited. I'm currently paying right around $211 after discount. Is there any benefit for me to switch to the new double mobile share plans? I would have to pay $160 + 40 for each iPhone line correct? This doesn't have the same special the previous mobile share deal had where they didn't charge you for the contract lines or something?