Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011
Ok, I want to make sure I understand Mobile Share billing correctly and verify it is definitely not worth it in my situation.

My sister and I are on a family plan with two others (four lines total, two dumb, two smart), 25% discount. We both have the $30 3GB plan.

My understanding of the math is, since we do not go over our data allotment, the Mobile Share is definitely not worth our time if calculated correctly below...

Current:
Separate 3GB plans: $30 + $30 = $60

Other Options (w/ tethering):
Separate 5GB plans: ($50 + $50) * 75% = $75

Mobile Share:
4GB Share: $70 base * 75% + $40 2nd line = $92.50
6GB Share: $90 base * 75% + $35 2nd line = $102.50

This looks right?

I take it Mobile Share is intended for those who really need to tether (we don't) or have many, many lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011
Ok, didn't catch that Mobile Share includes talk/text. Knowing that, I'll have to take this to a spreadsheet to figure out all the various scenarios, since the two lesser lines muck it up.

Thanks!