Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer
I got the dreaded email from AT&T that my phone won't work when they drop 3G.

It's an unbranded unlocked Note 10 I bought from Amazon a month ago.
I didn't have any luck getting through to customer service the past few days so I ended up making a complaint to the FCC on Friday night.
Here is the link to make a complaint to the FCC: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Form link.

I titled my complaint: "AT&T will not allow unbranded unlocked Samsung note 10 VoLTE access".
Describing my complaint I stated that my Samsung Note 10 Phone is VoLTE capable but AT&T won't allow me to access it through their network because I didn't purchase the phone from AT&T.
I also stated that as of 2/2021 my current generation phone would no longer work on AT&T's network, forcing me to buy a new phone from them.
As a resolution I asked for AT&T to allow my phone to access VoLTE on their network.

This afternoon I received a call from Barbara from the office of the president of AT&T. She stated that my phone information was updated on their network and I could now access VoLTE.

So, if you do have a VoLTE capable phone, but have no luck with customer service, I suggest you follow this route and make a complaint through the FCC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

Beefstorm posted:

Did she specify anything more about what they mean by, "phone information was updated on their network"?

I am curious if they specifically force provisioned the feature on your line, or added the IMEI range to the 'compatible' list for their systems to not confuse in the future.

Pretty sure she just provisioned it on my line. They tried to say my account didn't know what kind of phone I had (BS, I mean they have my IMEI), and said they updated their systems with what phone I had and what android version I was running so their network would recognize that I can run VoLTE. (Her words).

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

carticket posted:

I can get wifi calling even on non-AT&T phones.

How? I've had zero luck with a non at&t note 8 and note 10.