Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
I have a mobile share plan with just one line. Is there any way to add a line for just a month without having to pay an ETF when I cancel it?

edit: I'd just go the GoPhone route, but this line needs LTE data.

quadratic fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

obeyasia posted:

Yes, dont buy a new subsidized phone when you activate the line. You will pay the activation though. Better off just getting a pre-paid if its only a month.

Thanks, I was under the impression that they were requiring 2-year contracts even on unsubsidized lines.

I must have edited right as you posted, but I need data (and LTE) for this line and it seems like you can't get that with their prepaid lines.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Do you have to extend your contract to add a FAN discount?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
No chance that I can get my iPhone 5 unlocked by AT&T, right? I'm traveling internationally next month and I'd like to be able to swap SIMs. I'm only ~7 months into my contract.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
They denied me, but I didn't try very hard.

I paid $4 and got it unlocked by a third-party.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Is there anything I need to know about traveling internationally with an AT&T SIM? I know with T-Mobile I had to forward all calls to voicemail before leaving the US because they'd charge you an incoming roaming minute even if you didn't answer a call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Duckman2008 posted:

Do you need coverage or are you just not using your phone? If you're not using the phone just put it in airplane mode.

I'll be swapping in local SIMs at my destinations, but I probably want coverage in transit. I doubt I'd actually need to use it, but just in case...