Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

Straithate posted:

A while back I gave my girlfriend an iPhone 4 that I had after upgrading because she was still using a flip phone from 2000. She opened up a new account and they put her on a contract. Is that standard practice? Can we get out of that contract because she brought her own equipment? I really want to try a GS4 or an HTC One but my upgrade isn't coming for a long time, so I want to get her out of her contract, add her to my account which has a FAN discount and order one of those phones on her line... Possible?

There is a way to see if the equipment on a contract was user provided. Try to get that done first. After that's done, you can transfer billing responsibility online. On her account on the left under "I want to" in the "account" section is "transfer billing responsibility". Have her fill it out. It will send you an email. Accept. Credit check ran. Profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

Beefstorm posted:

No. It is against the customer agreement and they will crack down on it.

Also, go into a cor store and ask to activate your vita on a 2yr plan. They give you $100 credit and you will make a rep's day.

Just know that this gives you a two year contract with a $150 etf.

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

Lethanialist posted:

I just called customer support and was told that the 10GB data plan is $100, plus a per-line fee of $30/mo in contract (total 100+120=220). This sounded like a great move so I asked the support rep to make the change.

You got quoted for a mobile share plan with a 17% corporate discount and put on a mobile share value plan. This is wrong, ask about it. Also do you have that corporate discount?

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
Yeah. They quoted you mobile share plan and put you on mobile share value plan.