Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Some users on reddit are saying that JellyBean is rolling out to the i777 (Galaxy S2). Anyone received any messages about this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

I'm researching Uverse for my Mom. Does the service come in through the phone wire? The AT&T store said our area is already wired for fiber. Does the AT&T guy just plug it into a phone cord, make sure it works with a device, then leave?

Do they ever have any deals to decrease the $200 installation fee?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Is there a fee for switching my regularly sized SIM for a microSIM (assuming the Nexus5 takes it)?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Beefstorm posted:

At a COR location, no. It's free.

Good news. I assume that's a corporate store? Not Bestbuy or something?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

To clarify for non-ATT retail goons, as of August ATT retail employees only get paid revenue when you increase the bill. So if I have a customer with a total bill of $160 a month, and I switch them to a mobile share that is $150, I see $0 off that revenue. If I switch them to a $160 plan, I see $0. If I switch them to a $180 plan, I see $180. Or if it's a $160 plan with a $10 insurance plan, I see $170.

Sales working under a large company can be fun. The plus side is the goals are at least pretty easily achievable currently. I'm waiting for those to get jacked back up.

Oh, and they basically stopped paying on upgrades unless you do the aforementioned revenue increase or sell a billion accys.

So you have no incentive to lower bills unless you're feeling nice? That's a crappy way for AT&T (the company, not you front line guys) to treat customers.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Does AT&T Uverse internet use a standard cable modem (e.g. the Motorola sb 6121) or some sort of proprietary modem you have to rent? I'd only be interested in getting the internet (not TV or phone service).

Siroc fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

obeyasia posted:

None of this is true.

Uverse is the name of AT&Ts fiber based services that include TV, INTERNET , and phone. You can get internet alone and at much faster speeds than DSL. It's also ignorant to flatly say "cable is faster" as ATT can offer upwards of 48Mb connections in some areas. Also to answer your question about hardware, att will need to provide a proprietary modem. Any sales rep in the know will waive the cost of it.

Thanks so much for the info.

Another question: how common is it for AT&T to totally rewire your house? As far as I know, the connection into the house uses coaxial cable, right?

Also, I sent you a PM obeyasia.