Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Aesop Poprock posted:

So I'm assuming you've never been in a Starbucks or similar place before?

On frapuccinos, sure, but i've never seen someone anywhere pour a standard cup of coffee and top it with whipped cream. Regular cream, yeah, but whipped/cool whip? Never seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

bringmyfishback posted:

What's inside? Ice cream? That just seems odd.

Cool Whip in cold flour tortillas. The perfect snack for your children! :downs:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Murphy Brownback posted:

On frapuccinos, sure, but i've never seen someone anywhere pour a standard cup of coffee and top it with whipped cream. Regular cream, yeah, but whipped/cool whip? Never seen it.

Like, Kaffee mit Schlag?

Coffee with whipped cream. Standard in every Austrian coffeehouse.

http://forums.egullet.org/topic/120781-recipe-for-mit-schlag/

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Well if I ever find myself in Austria I guess I'll try it - I still stand by my original statement that coolwhip in particular in coffee sounds gross and is not a fair way to judge coolwhip.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Hirayuki posted:

Like, Kaffee mit Schlag?

Coffee with whipped cream. Standard in every Austrian coffeehouse.

http://forums.egullet.org/topic/120781-recipe-for-mit-schlag/

Of course the German word for "whipped cream" is "Schlag." From the same people for whom "I love you" is "Ich liebe dich." Awwww, thanks honey! Cat-coughing-up-a-hairball noise, too!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hmm yes, this language i dont speak sounds really funny di u know that gais?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

fizzymercy posted:

http://www.babble.com/crafts-activities/honey-chocolate-cool-whip-wraps/

Honey, chocolate, cool whip, stale microwaved tortilla. Fuckin' gringos is too polite.

Coca-Cola Punch. Orange, pineapple, lime and lemon juice in coca cola sounds refreshing. Instead it tastes like dumpster juice smells.

What are those brown oblong lumps?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

PubicMice posted:

Turds I would imagine frozen lumps of coca cola.

(turds)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Well he said something about pineapple?

Although from the LOOKS of it, it's probably eggplant.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

PubicMice posted:

"I wanted to make an fun drink for the Big Game, and a citrus infused Coke Punch seems like the perfect beverage. To make the punch football themed I made football shaped ice cubes. "

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Indolent Bastard posted:

"I wanted to make an fun drink for the Big Game, and a citrus infused Coke Punch seems like the perfect beverage. To make the punch football themed I made football shaped ice cubes. "

So, essentially chilled turds. Got it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Because citrus in cola is legit excellent, I'm gonna have to assume the pineapple is at fault, as usual.

Possibly the turds.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The problem is either the orange or pineapple. Who the hell even puts orange juice in cola, that sounds like a terrible idea.

timebandit
Mar 22, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

They put Cool Whip on the milkshakes at Huddle House. It forms a greasy opaque layer down the sides of the glass as you drink it.

That name just screams "gross rear end Midwestern chain". Is this assumption correct?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

timebandit posted:

That name just screams "gross rear end Midwestern chain". Is this assumption correct?

The truth was inside you the whole time.

ninja edit: Well I think they have them in Texas and Florida, but there are quite a few of them in the Midwest.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Straight up orange juice seems bad but orange soda and cola is pretty popular in German-speaking regions.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I googled huddle house and got this

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pomp posted:

Would.

And then spend the next 6-8 hours in a realm of misery and greasy bloatedness but it would be so worth it.

That said though I've never heard of that chain either and I'm smack dab in the middle of the midwest. Weird.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pomp posted:

I think I've made a similar breakfast boat when I was coming down from e and it basically just went straight down and out of me like a luge

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pomp posted:

It's fine except for the "cheese topping." Like, if you have a problem with "eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast" I don't know what's wrong with you.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The problem is either the orange or pineapple. Who the hell even puts orange juice in cola, that sounds like a terrible idea.

Mac Black Orange - part cola, part orange soda. :sweden:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Maple Bacon — the latest BeaverTails flavour, eh?

quote:

For the first time in about six years, BeaverTails is introducing a new flavour, and it couldn’t be more Canadian. The Maple Bacon BeaverTail is set to debut March 13, timed to coincide with start of sugaring-off season.

The sweet new version of the fried whole-wheat pastry that was born in Ottawa in 1978 will be slathered with maple-flavoured spread and real Canadian crumbled bacon, as well as a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

“Fans have been requesting maple bacon in stores as well as on social media, and we thought it was a great flavour combo,” says Kathy Slotsve, marketing manager for BeaverTails.

The new Maple Bacon BeaverTail will be available seasonally, until May 31. Most of the 95 Canadian BeaverTails outlets, from Whistler, B.C., to the ByWard Market, will feature the new flavour, but it won’t be available at the four BeaverTails stores in South Korea, says Slotsve.

“We’ve introduced a few ‘secret’ menu items (promo flavours that are available for a limited time and are only advertised on social media, ie. the VDay Tail for Valentine’s Day) over the past year, but we haven’t done an official new flavour release since about 2009,” says Slotsve.

Maple Bacon, which will sell for about $7, will be added to a list of nine regular flavours, from the classic Cinnamon & Sugar and Killaloe Sunrise (cinnamon, sugar and lemon) to later additions such as the Avalanche (Skor cheesecake) and Triple Trip (chocolate hazelnut spread, peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces.) Ottawa’s outlets — considered “legacy stores” — are unique in offering a 10th original flavour: garlic butter and cheese.

Ottawa has a permanent BeaverTails’ shack at the corner of George and William streets in the ByWard Market, an outlet in the cafeteria of the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, and two mobile shacks that are used on the canal in Winterlude and at other special events.

New BeaverTails outlets are to open in Japan and the United Arab Emirates later this year.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Indolent Bastard posted:

To make the punch football themed I made football shaped ice cubes. "

After seeing that, I could only hear this in her voice.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

7$ for that thing? I mean it looks alright as a once in a while thing, but unless Canada is doing a lot worse economically than I thought, that's way too much money.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6ZowsV4GI

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

im pooping! posted:

7$ for that thing? I mean it looks alright as a once in a while thing, but unless Canada is doing a lot worse economically than I thought, that's way too much money.

That's about $5.50 in USD, is that any better? :v:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

FlyinPingu posted:

That's about $5.50 in USD, is that any better? :v:

It ain't worth $3. :colbert:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Indolent Bastard posted:

They look like horrible mushy alien egg pods.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

Horse meat, gummy candies and whatever the gently caress that green paste is???

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A Classy Ghost posted:

Horse meat, gummy candies and whatever the gently caress that green paste is???
Melting chunks of frozen spinach?

If only they'd had more than the one label!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

tribbledirigible posted:

After seeing that, I could only hear this in her voice.

And every time I see her face, I hear "aquorium" in my head.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
I want to know what a green port gummy tastes like.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Mmm, great, hot wine gums.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Please stop using Cool Whip and whipped cream interchangeably, you're weirding me out, thread.

Waiter, I'll have the I-Stopped-Being-A-Student-Years-Ago-So-Sometimes-I-Cook-Like-This-To-Remind-Myself-Of-Better-Times-And-Less-Shattered-Dreams-Special, please.

Excellent.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

bathroomrage posted:

Please stop using Cool Whip and whipped cream interchangeably, you're weirding me out, thread.

Waiter, I'll have the I-Stopped-Being-A-Student-Years-Ago-So-Sometimes-I-Cook-Like-This-To-Remind-Myself-Of-Better-Times-And-Less-Shattered-Dreams-Special, please.

Excellent.

Is that toasted spamandcheese?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Aeryk posted:

I want to know what a green port gummy tastes like.

They're called Wine Gums, they're really common in the UK.

They're pretty nice.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whereas in the US it's the name of a homeless guy on 27th

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
We have those in the states but they're mostly associated with 40-something housewives who need something to keep them from nipping into the mouthwash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

So what's the point of the little bottles of vodka then?

• Locked thread