Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

e: I just remembered another gross Eastern European food that people like to eat, Salo, which is pretty much just condensed fat. You know how when you eat pork there's that sliver of fat? Yeah, it's like that but condensed and hard to chew.

Um, that's the same as italian lardo, and you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about :colbert: I've had it from Piedmont all the way to Sicily and it is delicious. Ever had lardo di colonnata? Ever had a lardo di colonnata sandwich? You know nothing JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Bolivar posted:

Have some Finnish easter delicacy:
It tastes better than it looks, though nothing special

By all means, don't tell us anything about it or even what it is.

What's funny is that this thread will likely be divided right down the middle of people who absolutely would not eat ____ and people who find it delicious.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Oh man, these cookies sure do look delicious, like red velvet or something.

quote:

I made menstrual blood cookies! I am not entirely happy with how they turned out, so I am going to experiment with some recipes throughout the rest of this month so I can try for something great next cycle. This recipe was far too floury.
:gonk:

Right. Because the biggest reason they were a failure was they were too floury. I got the proportions of tampon squeezings, sugar and eggs right, but really hosed up the flour.

"These are good, what are they?"
"Menstrual blood cookies"
"Oh, well they're pretty good. A bit floury, but good"

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Miss Kalle posted:

How did people in the 50's live off this poo poo comfortably? :barf:

Eggs Benedict? Oh, how could they? :crossarms:

• Locked thread