Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you
loving pinterest. There are some absolute abominations on there. Here are some I found by just clicking the "food and drink" tab. Mind you all of these have been repinned like thousands of times.

Cheeseburger casserole:

Blueberry/sugar/cream cheese grilled cheese:

Some sort of "salad" with Snickers bars:

Waffles with chili:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'm late to the discussion, but yeah, Wisconsin is kind of nuts about food. Even our cocktails have to come with a cheeseburger. Bloody Mary at Sobelman's:

Speaking of drinks, here, have a peep martini in time for Easter:

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

Anything Sandra Lee makes is pretty loving terrible. I'm surprised she is so popular given how disgusting all of her recipes appear to be. Here is her notorious Kwanzaa cake.

Yes, that really is a store-bought cake frosted with flavored Cool Whip, filled with canned apple pie filling, and topped with corn nuts. In a weird way, I can't stop watching her show. Last week she tried to make a version of some elaborate cocktail she had in NYC. Basically it was a bunch of coconut booze mixed with frozen fruit and topped with a little design she made using a tube of blue cake decorating icing.

God help us all if she becomes First Lady (or I guess First Girlfriend).

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

Another pinterest treasure:

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

This week in "It Came From Pinterest"...

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

Creamy Beef Enchiladas

Croissant Burgers

And whatever the gently caress this is

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

Samfucius posted:

I would try a croissant burger once. In my head it seems it would taste good, it would just be an artery killer. That picture still looks awful though.

Edit: the meat would have to be cooked in such a way that the grease could drain (george foreman, outdoor grill, etc) so the flat sodden croissant thing happening in the picture could be avoided. If you did that I can't see a huge difference between this and the ham and cheese breakfast sandwiches they sell everywhere.

I agree. It's just that in the picture, the dough looks completely grease soaked. Also, those croissants from a tube just don't do it for me. They taste more like buttered sponges than actual pastry.

Multiple people have posted this on facebook today. Certainly gives a new meaning to the word "newsfeed." http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/most-perfect-foods-in-the-universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

Crispin dry cider is the best. It's not sickingly sweet like Woodchuck, although if you find it on tap they like to serve it over ice. I'm not sure what that's about. Anyway, enough cider chat...

This week in Pinterest:

• Locked thread