Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
For those of you just checking this thread out, this comic is loving great and you should try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

TL;DR: You can do anything if you believe in brainwash yourself

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

You have to differentiate between the imagining based on routines and what actually happens. Toriko visualized destroying Starjun's knife at the same time that Starjun visualized cutting off Toriko's leg. Starjun was then surprised when he did not in fact cut off Toriko's leg, but Toriko did destroy his knife.
We don't get a clear shot of Toriko's right leg, and Komatsu gets a look of shock on the last panel. It's possible that both images worked out.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

international owl day posted:

Nailed it.

Starjun might be seeing an image, otherwise he just got dominated after dropping his guard

Fecha posted:

We don't get a clear shot of Toriko's right leg, and Komatsu gets a look of shock on the last panel. It's possible that both images worked out.
:gonk::hf::stare:

At this point I wouldn't really believe Toriko had lost a fight until he had literally been broken down at an atomic level. Even then he would probably become a microscopic swarm, eat a bunch of other atoms and come back even buffer.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

What in the gently caress does this have to do with cooking?
Meteor Spice.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I have to admit that as a casual reader, I have totally lost track of the sides, allegiances and betrayals at this point.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Tolth posted:

Turns out GOD is a unique substance found in Battle Wolf meat during the eclipse. Toriko eats Terry alive to power up during the final battle. No remorse is shown.
In fact, Terry couldn't be prouder.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

HOLY poo poo TORIKO HAVING NO APPETITE?! This is the biggest twist in the whole comic so far.

Also, to immortalize this eloquent translation:

Fecha fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 6, 2013

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Reminder that the Four Beast at first had a capture level of 310.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

My hope is that at the end of the series, Toriko will eat his full course all in one meal and we will see all of its hilarious effects at the same time.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

It looked kinda like Komatsu had some lurking appetite demon in him, too. Those strange veins on his face, at least.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

And so Toriko and company set sail on their epic journey through the Grand Line.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Toriko Manga Thread: Sniff the salad, see the universe

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Pawl posted:

Toriko is the only manga where a kung fu monkey wizard can help you unlock the secrets to ignoring gravity.
So that you can climb a mountain in 100x gravity to fight a monkey for his testicles which have healing properties that will save your friend whose heart no longer exists but he's ok for now because he's hidden in a train shark. Also the balls are really tasty.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Let this be a lesson to you all.

Never, EVER grab a monkey's balls before the time is right.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

not really.
It was more like 'this mud can preserve stuff, cant use it on meat....lets try eggs now.'
The weird part for me is they came up with this and were like "yeah let's eat this thing"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

pentyne posted:

"These eggs are going to go bad and we'll starve to death. Is there any way to make them last forever?"

Literally every crazy weird exotic food like century eggs stems from a culture desperate to preserve food in any way possible, and then just becoming a staple of the cuisine in certain regions or a matter of civic pride that they can eat it when others can't.
Icelandic rotten shark meat almost makes sense now!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

Gourmet Nietzsche is dead
And we ate him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

The chapter