Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though I must say it's interesting to know that the Blue Nitro can revive themselves after a certain amount of time. (Guessing this is why Air's death at Neo's hands was an issue for them.) And Pair killed Center so that he could revive later on rather then risk him dying to Neo.

Pretty sure this was stated by the Nitro themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

I don't understand the Nitro and Acacia's motivations anymore. I thought they were trying to revive Neo so they could seal him into a golden can? But then why are they trying to get him to a perfect form now?

They need Neo in perfect form so they can seal him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang I know there are rumors of Toriko ending but I didn't think it would become an entirely different manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Thanks, Jose and Juan.

I am sorry someone was lovely to you, Matoi, and congratulations on having a cute avatar again!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Midora is here and everything is wonderful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Monkey King is dead and I'm sad, Matoi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't half of his body eaten?

The whole regeneration thing has me wondering.

If you can't regenerate parts of you eaten by Neo, what about growing new parts instead?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, I remember something about scars and Joa? Like how Joa was scarring people so deeply that their gourmet cells couldn't recover or whatever, letting her brainwash them or something, yeah? And how those scars couldn't really be healed unless you had some really strong shock?

Does Neo's eating work off something like that or is it something else entirely? I know that Neo's on like, a level above Blue Nitros and demons like Don Slime, but I wonder if it works off the same principle.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

No. In fact I'm not even sure how Teppei recovered from the flavor change.

Wasn't it the case that Teppei was never brainwashed and just always pretending?

Zeus and some other cooks had the brainwashing broken after being killed by Midora. The life orbs or whatever let them come back from death.

Shigetsu? I think that's what his name was? The vice president of the IGO had his brainwashing undone by Toriko's attack, but the attack also resulted in his death.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He was definitely brainwashed. Maybe when jiroh yelled at him it wore off. I guess he wasn't brainwashed when he killed Komatsu. I don't even remember the vice president fight now.

Hmmm, Jirou yelling makes sense, I think. Jirou is pretty strong after all.

:rip: one of the many cool old dudes who had to die.

The Vice President thing wasn't even a fight, he showed up after Teppei did his thing to Komatsu's heart and then pissed off Toriko blew him away in a single punch.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

iirc he busted through the bird along with toriko's infinity punch and is still being punched. If that did not happen, it's what I choose to believe. :black101:

He was punched through a lot of things but finally eaten by 4 birds or something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I fuckin' love Midora so much you guys.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if you could use Knocking on yourself to savor the taste of a dish forever.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://mangastream.com/r/toriko/386/3659/1

Acacia bypassing Midora's Minority World by deliberately missing punches was cool as hell. Sort of reminded me of Luffy vs Enel's Mantra, although the specifics are a bit different.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dazoner posted:

I know Toriko has always been a crazy manga, but jeez, latest chapter really went all the way off the rails.

You'd think that Neo's hated flavor would be Hope or Determination or Friendship, not anger

Puts what Acacia said to Midora last chapter in perspective, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hell yeah puns!

:hfive:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
:cry:

I loving love this chapter with all the callbacks to everything that's taken place over the course of the series.

It's so beautiful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Something something something, JoJo Luck and Pluck reference.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hmmm, mine would probably be the Four Beasts arc, cause it was an arc where the 4 Kings and Komatsu all got time to shine, and when Komatsu really rose as a top chef acknowledged by the world. I'm also a big sucker for heroes fighting against a threat while the whole world watches and cheers them on, so that also played a large part in it too.

Plus, the conclusion to the battle against the beast, with the pages of the beast just sitting on a plate surrounded by the 4 Gourmet Demons, was probably one of the most impressive pages in Toriko for me. It was just so amazing and awesome. Really made an impact.

A close second would have to be the Monkey King arc, if only cause I really love the Monkey King, or the Billion Bird arc, given that it shows us just what a saint Ichirou was, and because the way the Billion Bird works is just so interesting. A bird that lives off being hunted and dies out otherwise, and its eggs are at its most delicious when you acknowledge and thank it? That's goddamn amazing.

Favorite characters are probably Jirou and Midora. Love 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shugojin posted:

I loved me that fuckin Gourmet Pyramid arc

When Zebra's sonar revealed the scale of the thing :eyepop:

Oh god yes that was another great scene.

• Locked thread