Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Obviously the knife only sears the outside of the steak along the cutting surface, leaving the center perfectly rare :colbert:

So it's a lightsaber? :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Red Mike posted:

Fairly sure what happened there is that Komatsu aided in the image through his unrestrained trust of Toriko or something along the lines, hence him winning out.

Hmm, could Komatsu have an image of Toriko winning? It wouldn't surprise me if his image was so strong that it interfered with the fight or something.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Plants: Putting the creep(ing ivy) in power creep.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I don't even know what to say. This is an entirely new dimension of insane power levels. Ichiryuu can stop your lungs and brain from working simply by looking at you. :wtc:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The translation was fine but holy poo poo, that scan quality. :laffo:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

What's this from, pray tell? Is the rest of it as good as that page?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Toriko is actually about Lavos.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

That was quite a chapter. :staredog:

DrSunshine posted:

Certainly not a pistachio girl in a sardine can, that's for sure!

This is especially :staredog:.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I've thought about reading HxH, but the constant hiatuses stopped me. Sounds painful, especially if it's as good as people say.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Pretty sure Toriko is dead right now and Air will literally bring him back to life with its deliciousness.

This was my thought too.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yep, monkey balls was my first thought too.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:eyepop:

Woah.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also Melk Jr..

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

The arc about eating a monkeys balls by beating him in pro wrestling ended with the entire cast being turned into women and the monkey repeatedly raping a background character. This seems problematic to me.

I agree, it's very triggering.

Edit: It triggers my smile!!!!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also that was before he un-sealed his powers.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm wondering if the next arc after this one is going to involve going into space to find the origin of gourmet cells/the Nitro's home planet or something. Or it could be wrapping up.

...I know which one I'm hoping for!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I love how Yun just quietly gets bigger every time more people and food come in. What a reliable pet! :3:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Oh my god he can knock time itself :stare: this fuckin series

Also, he can knock using his breath :psyboom:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Ichiryu is gourmet Marx

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Good title.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I love this manga. So much.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Which do I choose, the food that makes my hair grow long, or the food that makes my hair fall out...

Why not both?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

well now this seems to be the case based on the latest chapter. except they also said frozhe got genderchanged by pair which means mpreg or something???? idk

I don't think so, I think Acacia thought Joie was Frozhe's son? But it was actually Frozhe him/herself? I have no idea what's going on, but I'm loving it!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

comedy option: it's komatsu

I'm down for this plot twist.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think his goal was to satisfy his hunger, up until he met Komatsu, at which point he instantly became a good guy.

Because Komatsu satisfied his hunger, not with the rarest ingredients or the finest delicacies, but by cooking a meal filled with ~love~.

If Midora survives, and I hope he does, I totally expect him to pick up Ichiryuu's dream where it was left off. Everyone in the world enjoying a delicious meal together! :3:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I love Toriko (the manga, not the character. Tho he's okay too.)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

MoosinRound posted:

I cried.
Love this MANga.

:same:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

>tfw someone releases your knocking unexpectedly

I know that feel.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Does this mean Midora, Ichiryuu, and Jirou are technically Toriko's brothers??? RIP the latter two though... :smith:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Toriko 390

Nitro are soul babies? and the President is still alive!

Nah, he's in the afterlife. He just hasn't lost his sense of self bc he's such a badass. IIRC. Also I think those are the Nitro that Neo ate?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Jedah posted:

Like Matoi said, I honestly can't remember Leg-man at all. My wild guess is that Leg-man would be from the Bewitching Food World, but that's purely speculation.

Maybe it's better if we never find out. :iiam:

One thing is certain: He will be a legend forevermore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RIP (Ravenously Inhaling sPace)

Thanks for the meal!

• Locked thread