Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Well, all those horsemen will be a nice appetizer for Zebra. He has to recover from shielding the normal people in the stands somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Ah Toriko. If Jirou can knock the planet, considering he traveled through Gourmet World, then what the hell lives in Gourmet World? I know the story gave us a few samples, but what the hell is in there that evolved Jirou to grant him that much power?

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

I love it. He takes advantage of the whole "make everything not behave as expected" ability by deliberately punching himself in the chest, so his act of trying to kill himself is now powering him up instead. It makes perfect sense. Sort of.

I thought he punched through his chest and grabbed his heart. Thus using his own hand to pump blood correctly and regain some control.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

Liar posted:

This is what I believed as well, however how would that explain his lungs and brain functioning?

I honestly have no idea besides :nyan: Toriko logic :nyan:.

It makes Midora look like a more determined villain if he really did grab his own heart and manually pumped it to revive himself and I can't object to that :colbert:.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I'm curious how food armor would work in this series.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

Ah, I guess that's how Komatsu got his demon then; eating so much high quality food gave him gourmet cells.

And yeah, Komatsu will be fine.

I've been waiting for something like this to happen. Seriously, how can Komatsu eat all the same stuff as Toriko and not develop some type of superpower?

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Ah Zebra :allears: Congratulations! All four of you learned the secret of enbu. :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :black101:

Seebach posted:

You know, as scary as it is out in Gourmet World, I gotta wonder what the Bishokukai are doing at this time.

Scouting the Blue Nitro. Hunting down the traitors that defected to Neo.

Deliciouscesium fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 19, 2014

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
It's about time that problem with Komatsu's body got resolved. Seriously, years of eating the same gourmet cell enhanced superfoods as the four kings, amongst others, and gaining no superpowers was a plot hole needing to be fixed. :rant:

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I'm now waiting to hear Jirou's grand knocking is actually a tenderizing technique for earth.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I am so excited about what the coming chapters will show off. I loved the makeshift Brunch/Zebra pairing from the anime, now I get to see the manga do true justice to what this can bring. Sani/Livebearer just makes it even better.

Death Bot posted:

I think I remember it being implied/stated somewhere that "Frohze" was actual-Frohze's daughter.

Based on the pair's gender changing powers, and earth being cooked, I'm curious if Joa is actually Acacia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Whales don't lay eggs dude

It's Toriko. Sharks aren't normally equipped with spas, tigers don't have alcohol for blood, and jellyfish do not grant superpowers. Whales not only have the possibility to lay eggs in gourmet world, but the eggs themselves would have some supernatural aspect about them (like having a disco ball effect where the different amounts of colored lights reflected indicates it's nutrient configuration).

• Locked thread