Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Just when it seems all hope is lost, ZEBRA TO THE RESCUE.

I wonder if after this is all said and done, the IGO will have enough powerful people left over to maintain order? Or will it just be all "Let's just send everybody left into the gourmet world and get God before the other 2 group, the human world can fend for itself."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Seebach posted:

Didn't see that coming tbqh.

It seems that compared to Zebra, Toriko is still a second rate combatant, or it is merely that all 5 of Zebra's opponents were nowhere near on the level of Star Jyun

I also enjoy that Zaus' attack is so powerful, that future children would be born with the scar assuming the parent were to survive the attack. Almost seems redundant.

Star Jyun is obviously far above the level of the mooks Zebra took care of. At the one meeting with all the chef he was able to get all the other chefs to STFU with one smack on the table. But since Toriko is the secondary main character after Komatsu, he will get his poo poo together and punch his way to victory right after. We're not going miss out on the main guy's fight.

I like how it's not just the few high end chefs who have defected to Neo, but some of the other lower tier chef as well. And with the introduction of this Joa guy who supposedly cooks better than Setuno even though he broke rules, we are well on our way to an awesome 3 side free for all. I just hope we get to have another large battle in the future in the gourmet world, where it's a proper 1v1v1.

And good riddance to Chiyo, I never thought she's on the level of Setuno.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Re-reading the previous chapters on Joa. there is no way he's just the head chef, it's probably a front for him to gather resources while he lead the evil rich guys to build their underground empire. Guess now we have three godly guys each leading a powerful organization, all going for GOD. Should be fun.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

dazoner posted:

Rampant speculation but going to spoiler none the less I guess this means that at some point all of Acacia's disciples will get back together and fight against Joa and his faction.

I like this. Although it will probably require Joa to be some kinda super monster, stronger than Acacia's disciples by themselves alone. So maybe he was Acacia's long time rival but obtained long life through nefarious means? He had no problem breaking rules on the cooking contests he will have no problem sacrificing a few billion babies to live another 100 years.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Toriko's inner hollow would eat Ichigo's inner hollow for snack.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Komatsu finally displays his first super power. Resistant to nuclear apocalypse fire tornado from being around cooking fire all day totally makes sense.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I almost wish IGO president and the Bishokukai boss would both show up as well to confront Joa, but I guess it's a little bit too early for that.

But now that Jiro is here will be beat Teppei back to his old self? Hard to imagine he will just let his grandson be used like this.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Seebach posted:

I'm beginning to suspect that Joa is somehow Frohze's evil that was removed from her.

What, so Frohze did the Namekian split and Joa is Picollo....? Anyways we know for sure that Frohze died prepping food, so that's that. Joa can be related to Frohze though, maybe he/she is her son and thus rightfully inherits her knife?

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

alkanphel posted:

Yeah the Batoto ones is fixed but those on the other sites still seem to have that page missed out.

But drat I wonder how powerful Jirou really is. We know the Nitros are already very powerful, and now they're supercharged but Jirou just flicks them to death casually.

Didn't someone comment that these nitros weren't the top class ones? Seems like even for the nitros there would be different levels, and suckers like these gets captured easily. Regardless as it stands, we have seen more than a few people capable of handling the nitros with complete ease so they are no longer a threat until we see the more powerful ones. I wonder if there's a nation of nitros somewhere in the gourmet world and they become the fourth faction in this war.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Crunkjuice posted:

As powerful as midora and ichiryuu since he's the third acacia disciple. Where his allegiances/motives lie is another question altogether.

Wasn't he the second one? With Midora as the youngest and third disciple?

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
So.... We all know the final bosses are going to be stronger than Jiro, so Toriko will have to top that eventually. What's he going to do? Do a leg knife so strong that he cut up the planet? And then Komatsu cooks it back together, thus together they are the new gourmet gods.

Also I can't believe Jiro is so much stronger than Setuno. I though Setuno was at least up there with the bosses but it seems she's at least a few levels below in terms of power.

MegaCharger fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 25, 2013

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Silver2195 posted:

Setsuno might actually be the fifth-strongest person in the world.

If the good guys are smart I really don't see how IGO can possibly lose. Ichiryuu and Jiro can probably tag team anybody to death including Midora and Joa. Then you just have Setuno and the rest of the grunts deal with the grunts of the other teams. The only way they are going to be in a bad spot is if they lose Ichiryuu or Jiro and possibly Setuno by having them getting picked off on their own.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I'm actually hoping they cut out of the second half of the fight and save it as a flash back for later. I do not want to see all the moves of the presumably final boss when we are just at the half way mark.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Well seeing as the presumed final boss is all about eating everything by himself without sharing, I propose that eventually Toriko will acquire the opposite power, the power to give up one's self, his punch will fill the stomach of his enemies so they are so full that they can't eat anymore, thus nullifying their gourmet cell powers.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Fabricated posted:

Man, the 0th Biotrope people sure loving punked out. That's kinda lame.

With the way the blue nitro jumped down into the boss fight up in the sky island, I wouldn't be surprised they also kept an eye on the other fights, and basically jump in to gently caress both sides up so they have less people to deal with in the future. Now I can totally see IGO and Bishokukai teaming up to fight the new group, who seem to be way more powerful than either one.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Same here, thought it would have been a glorious 3 way battle. But looks like it's going to be two underdogs against the big bad now.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I guess Toriko's fork is meant to gauge how strong he is now? So up to almost capture level 1000 he can probably take care of, but above that might be a problem.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I like how in the world of delicious food animals, you can go extinct by being tasting like poo poo so nobody eats you. Toriko logic is the best logic.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Been reading some of the past issues. It was actually mentioned by President Ichiryu in issue 269 when he first saw Toriko as a starving kid that he was born with gourmet cells, and there are more than one monsters inside him. It's kinda awesome that such a huge thing happening now is already foreshadowed in a offhanded way years ago.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Fang knife is better because it's made from a motherfucking dragon's tooth, also included is Komatsu's old knife which he loving cared for, so it's got all of his food luck and appreciation for ingredient in it. I bet in the end to prepare GOD you need a knife that's also been loved by the chef, which Joa will not qualify because she probably treats her knife as a mere tool, just like she treats everybody else.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I was wondering when the baddies will show up, cause we never had a real fight since they went into gourmet world. Can't wait to see what the guys can do now that they had ate Air and can partially control their demons. And Komatsu is totally safe, cause Coco just explained how eating air gives you wolverine-ish regeneration abilities.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Also I like how the reason the baddies got the jump on them is because they got cocky and decided to celebrate the whole day. If they had any common sense they would have setup sentries or something, or just have Zebra be on alert with sona scans in the area, because you can be drat sure everybody in world know Air is ready and they are going to try to steal it. Especially so since Malk the first got his rear end kicked trying to get at Air last time, you would think he would let people know hey maybe they should be on guard, but maybe they couldn't hear him because he talks so low.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Apparently Teppi went full on plant mode now? Seems like his whole body is now made of plants, and you just know once his mask gets ripped away you will see more plants. Guess it makes sense, he always fights with plants.

But let's get real here, it's now Teppi vs a pissed off Toriko, plus the rest of the heavenly kings who all can apparently use part of their inner demon now, plus the rest of the strong guys. It's just a matter of how they bad they are going to whoop his rear end and if he can get turned back to good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Reiche posted:

The horse king was really cool for its breath powers but in the end, she was just a pregnant mom. It's hard to go too crazy with that. I hope at the end of the manga, the Kings all end up befriending the gang and get either help out against the final Big Bad or get to join in the world's largest party banquet :3

I am 99% sure there will be a giant gently caress off fight at the end where all the good guys storm the Blue Nitro's homebase. And just as it seems poo poo is going to hit the fan, the 8 kings will show up to help because it totally looks like Toriko and co are helping out each in their times of need and befriend them. Also I bet all 8 have some ancient grief to pick with the nitros.

It's really the only way I see the good guys being able to take on the baddies, as there seem to be quite a few blue nitros for just the 4 heavenly kings to take on, not to mention the rest of the brainwashed scrubs.

• Locked thread