Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

ATP_Power posted:

The saddest thing is that one of the things that drew me to this game was the diversity of weapons, but as it stands I feel like there's little incentive to play anything but the sword tree for Vanguard and Knight, the other options are supposed to have trade-offs on their stats, but the Zweihander (and to a lesser extent the Messier for Knights and the other 2h swords for both classes) offers equal or better damage, more versatile attack types with equivalent or better reach and or speed than the Halb and Spear line for Vanguard and the Hammer and Axe line for Knight - to say nothing of the poor Polehammer (which I still think is p cool) and Flails.

I feel like I'm intentionally handicapping myself picking something other than the swords when I play VG and Knight (I am a terrible MaA and Archer) and while I love the Brandistock, the Spear and Fork seem strictly worse since the gains in speed don't seem to be enough to actually get hits in quicker than the swords and your attacks are so much more easily telegraphed since you can only really deal damage with one attack angle on slightly different timings (that often seem slower than sword thrusts anyways.)

But then again I'm pretty terrible at this game so maybe I'm totally off base with my analysis, and I don't really know what the fix might be for this.

If you're still looking for a game that has a ludicrous amount of weapons (in the same style except block is a hold instead of a quicktime button hit) I'd recommend you play Mount and Blade Warband.

Have there been any recent updates to this game? Last I played was a few months ago and besides the initial first patch they released (I believe in november) I haven't heard anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread