Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So picked this up tonight. Played about 4 hours and have to say I really enjoy it. Theres some things here and there that frustrate me but I'm not sure if its the game or my lack of skills. Definetly looking for some people to run around mashing c with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
This game rules. My computer turns into a slide show at certain times but drat if it isn't fun when things go run. I've been getting good at being an archer. Since learning to rely more on the short sword for now. I love when I see someone getting their butt kicked and i run up as they duck behind a rock and THWOMP right in their loving face. poo poo owns.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I recently got a computer that can actually play games and messed around in this a little last night. Feel free to add me if you want to slash mans. Game is fun as hell

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
This game can be super frustrating at times, but I'm still loving it. The worst is seeing my weapon slice through a guys head or chest and not even getting the sound of it being blocked. Just no impact nothing. Then getting hit from what seems like the completely wrong angle. I still enjoy the game and have a ton of fun as a knight. I'm terrible with archer though. Send me a message on steam if you want to group up or something as the game is a lot better with friends.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Oh I might have to reinstall this. My game hosed up like a month or two ago and I just said gently caress it. That pve mode sounds interesting.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Just reinstalled. Where are we playing?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps/

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'll give it a shot. Can't be worse than my flailing about on PVP.

edit: yeah that's not much fun without some organization happening. Maybe when we get some people together.

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 18, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So has anyone had an issue where the game (sound, animations, everything) freezes for like 1-2 seconds, then catches up. It's not lag and I've scaled back the graphic settings so I'm at a near consistent 60fps. It happens randomly and there doesn't seem to be any sort of particular trigger.

System Type= x64-based PC
Processor= Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date= American Megatrends Inc. 0105, 3/28/2011
SMBIOS Version= 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)= 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory= 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory= 3.78 GB
Total Virtual Memory= 8.17 GB
Available Virtual Memory= 3.54 GB
Page File Space= 200 MB
Graphics Card= NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 4GB

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

IAmTheRad posted:

It's an issue with Unreal Engine itself.

So no way to fix it then? That blows.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Is there anyway to bind laugh to mouse 5 so when I do an overhead I laugh?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
This saddens me.

In other news this weekend has helped me get the Maul down.

Feels good man. Best I've ever done. Started with the Masons already attacking the final area and quickly shot up to the top.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So when they're spinning around like tops, what are they doing? Just quickly throwing their mouse in once direction? Is the best way to counter it a maul to the head? I'm not terribly amazing at the game but generally hold my own, but still have trouble really getting it through my head whats going on at those moments.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I saw some vanguard with a claymore or something doing spin last night and I got lucky on one shot. I was able to time running in with an overhead strike and just flatten him. Still the only thing I have issues with because some how they do just as much damage with the sword behind them as it would in front so who knows.

I've fallen in love with the Maul. Hit me up sometime if you want to be a knight of old together.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Added the both of you. Couldn't find sword.exe. Also add Paul Blart Maul Cop as he is my hammer bro and will be glad to join us. He is Cliffdiver on the forums here.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Phlegmish posted:

The best tactic is to keep your distance, wait for them to make a move and then swoop in when they're recovering. Back away again if you miss, don't let them bait you into following them.

e: Mans I didn't know you played this, you should play TO with me on one of the Euro servers sometime

Thats what I figured. I did seem to exhaust the bag of tricks the one guy had last night by doing that.

If I didn't add you or couldn't find your profile or whatever, here's my info.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I know a lot of you guys are tons better than I, but I was pretty proud of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mse-C50tNM0

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I seriously love when I get screamed at for feints. It's like bitch please, you got out played and now my hammer is dirty. And when I get got by a feint you just have to accept you got out played. But yeah there are tons of raging tards in this game, but that's what makes it so fun.

The only things that still irk me with this game are the random team switches. It always seems to choose me despite how much work I'm doing for my current team. Hey nice job getting the cart all the way up here and loving over the defense, now lead the defense.

And getting caught on stray pieces of the level geometry. So frustrating. There are parts of the map where they could seriously just make them just cosmetic and help the flow, but I doubt anyone is really doing any sort of support aside from hats these days.

Still hooked on this game. One day I'll have to try another weapon aside from the Maul. I've thought about archer but I'm so trash with it.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So the best strategy for dealing with a knife archer is to run away to other team mates, pull out your back up weapon, or just hope you can kill them before they land an attack? When I'm Maulin it's the only thing I have trouble dealing with.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I didn't realize ducking had such an impact.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So can anyone tell me what the hell happened at the end of this clip? No one was around me. Hacks or just a buggy rear end game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688qq6efnB4

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yeah I guess so. I wasn't too bent out of shape about it, just confused the hell out of me. The catapult was fired by a blue player and I don't think I was in the FOV of the ballista. Oh well. Still did great that round. Was king and ended up cutting down the Agatha king myself.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
That does make sense.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02TDI_Fafs0

Also made this. Goddamn this game is fun.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
x-x-2
x-x-2
hammer smash
x-x-2
x-x-2

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
The angry player base is one of the selling points for me. I mean, my in game name is The TK Tornado so I put it out there that I don't give a gently caress. I haven't had a successful vote kick against me yet and when they fail I type "YOU CAN'T VOTE KICK A FORCE OF NATURE" in chat and it just gets people so angry they run into my hammer full force. And then follow it up by getting them vote kicked for homophobia. Once that word comes up in chat admins tend to take notice and the angry guy rages until the admin just says gently caress it and boots them.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yeah it was done as my official "Stop getting yourself frustrated" moment. I was getting made about team damage and taking all sorts of extra care not to hit people, then I realized gently caress that just have fun. I don't go out of my way to team damage people but if someone runs in front of my hammer when i'm swinging at some dude that's his fault. If he complains I direct him to my name. If I get team killed I normally laugh about it now because its silly.

Though if I find someone intentionally Tk'ing I go at them full force.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
What's your name on steam? A friend and I play and would love a third man.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Orv posted:

Friends don't let friends maul sober

much better.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So Cliffdiver and I are in the Ball Fondlers room on the Camping the Stairs mumble. Come join us!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yup. If we're playing we'll most likely be in that room. Had fun last night. Will have some vids from it. If you don't like my vids IDGAF

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Here's some new videos featuring Cliffdiver and myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1if3dojW60M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPxyP87X0Y

I like to think there was some improvement from one vid to the next. The first video is from one the early attempts at mastering the Maul.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
It's hit or miss with jerks. I've had some team damaging dorks but calling them out and vote kicking them seems to work. I've also had myself team switched because I was killing the locals too efficiently. That's like a rarity though. Most nights it's just fun head smashing.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgabdT4avM

Overhead swing is indeed king. This is from last weekend.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yeah I know the FOV isn't perfect. I've been messing with it to find a happy balance. But on my monitor it doesn't look too bad. I just find I'm able to judge distances a bit better like that.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm all for this.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So Sandcastle horde mode is pretty cool. It definitely has a steep learning curve, as a lot of the mechanics aren't exactly explained to you, but most of the people are happy to help. Still die a lot but I"m starting to get the hang of it. It's a welcome alternative to banging my head against the wall when I try to solo multiplayer mode.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Blimpkin posted:

My sandcastle server has augmented point awards for kills. Basically a fun mode version of the sandcastle mod.

Horde Sandcastle USA

Spent all day playing Sandcastle. Goddamn this mode owns.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So Blimpkin and I did some work today and well, if you want to have you guy yell something when you do an attack, we found a way.

First Download this app: http://www.autohotkey.com/
Install and whatever.

Next make a document on your desktop or somewhere easily accessable and name it whateverthefuckyouwan.ahk

Paste this here text into that there document:

RButton::Send {RButton}{x}{9}
Lbutton::Send {LButton}{x}{3}
WheelDown::Send {WheelDown}{x}{7}
WheelUp::Send {WheelUp}{z}{5}
XButton1::Send {XButton1}{z}{2}
XButton2::Send {XButton2}{x}{6}

and save.

Once you run the game, run the script file as admin and you're find. Keep in mind this does break sheilds and catapults and such. Also this will replace all mouse buttons for everything you do on your computer. So if you leave it running once you exit the game you're going to be adding lots of x9's and x3's to every text box.

Also note, these do not work if you attack while holding shift.

It's not the classiest of methods but it should work. That's all I got.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I play from time to time. Mainly weekends. My profile link is somewhere back a few posts. Remember the general community sucks so don't take anything personal. And if someone tries to vote kick you, it means they're mad you won a fight and you're doing great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Trudis posted:

Have you ever played Mount and Blade:Warband?

This game looks awful. It sucks but Chiv seems to be the best game out there for pvp melee combat like this. I still play a few nights a week.

hit me up if you're looking fora group http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps/

• Locked thread