Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Inimicul posted:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/dawn-of-the-invasion-leaderboard-and-community-rewards-update-4

Holy poo poo, congrats Cartographer! Goon in the top 10. What weapon are you going to have them make?

Thanks, I have no clue honestly. I'll take suggestions here if anyone has good ideas, something goon themed maybe? Shoots bees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

ErrantSystems posted:

Something goon themed maybe? Shoots bees?
Well if you name it Goon Swarm, sounds like a recluse weapon. Typical Goon is a dread though.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

JonusRockweller posted:

Well if you name it Goon Swarm, sounds like a recluse weapon. Typical Goon is a dread though.

I'm picturing a large bee hive that shoots thousands of angry bees out of it...

secondary fire lobs sticky honey, which attracts a bee DoT

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

ErrantSystems posted:

Thanks, I have no clue honestly. I'll take suggestions here if anyone has good ideas, something goon themed maybe? Shoots bees?

An HMG that shoots aranhas. :3:

JonusRockweller posted:

Could keep the HMG, deals less damage but has a stacking dot for each hit applied with little bees flying around the affected target - the bees themselves do light amounts of damage around the target stinging everything nearby.
Alt fire launches honey with a snare debuff that also has a fun dot (of bees!), sorta like the goo gun from UT.

An HMG full of bees.
https://twitter.com/smith186/status/487731139801411584

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 12, 2014

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Mjolnerd posted:

I'm picturing a large bee hive that shoots thousands of angry bees out of it...

secondary fire lobs sticky honey, which attracts a bee DoT

Lemon King posted:

Could keep the HMG, deals less damage but has a stacking dot for each hit applied with little bees flying around the affected target - the bees themselves do light amounts of damage around the target stinging everything nearby.
Alt fire launches honey with a snare debuff that also has a fun dot (of bees!), sorta like the goo gun from UT.

An HMG full of bees.
https://twitter.com/smith186/status/487731139801411584

Hmm, this kind of reminds me of something similar to the http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Hivehand from HL1. I have to say I like the idea of honey alt fire making it home in on the target.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ErrantSystems posted:

You should do something related to Zybourne Clock, the hilariously ill-fated goon game project.

Also, is there anything more about open world PvP in Firefall Live other than "wait 'till Tuesday"? I still have to decide if I want to bother to get online to sell my resources.

dromer fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 12, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

quote:

Another important note that isn’t mentioned above: “Resource boosts” will no longer exist after the patch, and will instead be “Reputation boosts.” This means that any resource boosts in the game right now (including unused consumable ones and the permanent one unlocked via Beta Crystite) will be converted to reputation boosts.

All permanent resource boosts are gone. Founder permanent exp boost will remain.

The whole "voucher" and "reputation" thing hasn't really been explained at all, so I'm not really sure what any of this will mean.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
For some reason I feel like I heard that Crystite resonators are changing with the patch, should I be dumping them now for the XP or should I hold on? If anyone has any suggestions for things to do before the 15th I'm all ears.

And man the Dev invasion tonight was pretty cool, fighting devs with huge HP pools while AI chosen drop siege guns and try to take the major cities. It feels like the good old days of the huge invasion that always attacked copa.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ErrantSystems posted:

I really wanted to suggest an AMR for the recon frames. Single shot heavy weapon (think 1 round magazine, 20 spare rounds) that did 2x the damage of the Nighthawks Sniper Rifle but had 3x the reload speed and a 50% damage bonus to equipment/deployables kind of like the perk. You would get one round that absolutely wrecks poo poo but you'd better aim it right or you're hosed. Reload speed perks would be useful. Secondary weapons are fantastic in the new build so it's not a big drawback if you have to get down in the thick of it. Being able to one-shot Chosen turrets would be fantastic.

Since some of the guns in game are based loosely (or directly) off of Unreal Tournament guns, I'd love to see a return of the Ripper Gun or whatever the one was hat shot saw blades and bounced off walls. Add a nifty bee sound to the projectiles and you're set. I'm not sure what class that would fit with more. Dread? Engineer?

How about the Flak Cannon? Primary fire could be the same as the Arsenal's Combat Shotgun ability and the alt fire could be like a regular grenade launcher. Tell me that wouldn't be fun.

xxEightxx posted:

All permanent resource boosts are gone. Founder permanent exp boost will remain.

The whole "voucher" and "reputation" thing hasn't really been explained at all, so I'm not really sure what any of this will mean.

From what I've read, vouchers/reputation are like this:
You know how right now you can go to Sunken Harbor and donate resonators to get Sunken Harbor Vouchers that you can only spend in SH at the Quartermaster? It's exactly like that but instead of using resonators to get them after patch, you get them as rewards for the local job board. The quartermaster will supposedly have different things than the crap guns they currently sell too. Better things.

Edit:

Sphrin posted:

For some reason I feel like I heard that Crystite resonators are changing with the patch, should I be dumping them now for the XP or should I hold on? If anyone has any suggestions for things to do before the 15th I'm all ears.

And man the Dev invasion tonight was pretty cool, fighting devs with huge HP pools while AI chosen drop siege guns and try to take the major cities. It feels like the good old days of the huge invasion that always attacked copa.

They said in FFL that they'll be used in OWPVP to upgrade your bases so you get access to vehicles with weapons, army thumpers, better defenses, etc. If you like to shot mans, keep 'em. AMPs and all things bought with AMPs will be converted to salvage so I'd suggest converting them all into Resonators.

Nobody's buying ore anymore. Convert it to the stuff to turn into the dude for the rewards there. Or, make your very best gear so you won't be naked on launch day.
http://www.firefallthegame.com/item-migration

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 12, 2014

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Inimicul posted:

Since some of the guns in game are based loosely (or directly) off of Unreal Tournament guns, I'd love to see a return of the Ripper Gun or whatever the one was hat shot saw blades and bounced off walls. Add a nifty bee sound to the projectiles and you're set. I'm not sure what class that would fit with more. Dread? Engineer?

The Translocator! Tele-fragging was just too fun... I would pay good money for that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

precedence posted:

The Translocator! Tele-fragging was just too fun... I would pay good money for that.

Pfff, drunken team deathmatch instagib shock rifle only is where it's at.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

precedence posted:

Speaking of the Mammoth's Teleport Shot, I had no idea it could be exactly that. I guess I never played with anything higher than stock / T1. It's now one of my favorite Mammoth abilities in the game. I'm going to have to buy a T4 version if there's one on the market before downtime.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played this in a long time, but saw a youtube vid that reminded me I had shelled a bunch of cash on this about 8 months ago. I log in only to find all my battleframes stripped with only the starter gear. I seem to have stuff in my inventory but I can't equip it. What gives?

Also when this comes out of beta, will there be a wipe?

Thanks!

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

imatree posted:

I haven't played this in a long time, but saw a youtube vid that reminded me I had shelled a bunch of cash on this about 8 months ago. I log in only to find all my battleframes stripped with only the starter gear. I seem to have stuff in my inventory but I can't equip it. What gives?

Thanks!

There was an overhaul on how gear worked. it used to be Level 1-4 gear that you had to be "leveled up" to use. Then they just went to constraints, so if you wanted to use a level 4 equivalent gun at level 2 you could, but then the rest of your gear would suck. So the gear you have is probably the old style and can only be salvaged for Crystite.

There is something somewhat like a wipe happening, but not completely. It's just a gear migration where gear is getting flattened, and won't have the best stats that will be available after patch. There are several of those "path to launch" blogs on their site you can look at.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

imatree posted:

Thanks!

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-salvager.3098021/

Download Salvager at the link above. Salvage -all- your old gear. If it has a I, II, III, or IV in it, it's junk now so get some Research Points and CY out of it while you can. You have two days to do this before it goes away and you get nothing for it.

If you have any AMPs saved up, turn them into Resonators and keep them if you like Open World PVP or turn them in for XP if you have any frames that don't have max xp and you want it to auto level after the big patch.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/resource-migration-event-is-live

After that, blend all your materials into one big stack of each and convert them into Beta Resources (Mission Items -> Convert Resources into Beta Resources) and then turn them into one of the warbonds guys. There's two in each city and they show up on the map so you can't miss them.

Come back on the 15th when the game launches with the new patch so you don't spend two days learning what's changed only for it to be changed again on Tuesday.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the great info. One more question, what happens to my unused pilot tokens, are BF's still going to be sold using those, or should I go ahead and unlock the frames I haven't unlocked yet from when I bought the Ares pack?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

imatree posted:

Thanks for the great info. One more question, what happens to my unused pilot tokens, are BF's still going to be sold using those, or should I go ahead and unlock the frames I haven't unlocked yet from when I bought the Ares pack?
Pilot tokens aren't going away. No worries there.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I found a preview by Gamespot that shows off some of the new launch features of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnpQjWXoHNE

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Nalin posted:

I found a preview by Gamespot that shows off some of the new launch features of the game.

Love how that video shows so much awesome.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Welp.
Pulled the trigger on that deluxe.
Have now thrown something like 200 dollars at this game. 15 times the content and 4 times the area? Sounds good to me!

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Inimicul posted:

Download Salvager at the link above. Salvage -all- your old gear. If it has a I, II, III, or IV in it, it's junk now so get some Research Points and CY out of it while you can. You have two days to do this before it goes away and you get nothing for it.

This is a really useful post but when you say salvage everything to do mean just the old I-IV items or literally everything sitting around in your inventory? I've got a bunch of items of various prestige levels that I think I got from those crates they gave out the last time they changed everything.

Also, could you clarify how to turn all these AMPs into XP?

Fina fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 13, 2014

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Fina posted:

This is a really useful post but when you say salvage everything to do mean just the old I-IV items or literally everything sitting around in your inventory? I've got a bunch of items of various prestige levels that I think I got from those crates they gave out the last time they changed everything.

Also, could you clarify how to turn all these AMPs into XP?

Definitely the old I-IV stuff. I would make sure to open the crates and get the gear out of them since unopened crates vanish. I'd keep anything newer than the I-IV gear if you like crafting and want mucho salvage. If you don't gently caress with crafting and just want the CY, then salvage before the patch.

You remember all the Crafting Component vendors near the printers that sold things like structural reinforcement I? Go to them and they'll convert AMPs into Crystite Resonators in blocks of either 1 or 10. Do all of them and then turn the resonators in at the SIN towers to get 500xp each. Use xp boosts if you have them before hand.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Great, thanks.

So the newer, usable weapons are transferring but not the old I-IV stuff. What about abilities and armor?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
http://www.firefallthegame.com/item-migration

Complete list of what things turn into. If it's not listed it doesn't change.

TL:DR Newer gear transfers over into useful stuff so you're not naked but with inventory limits, you're going to want to salvage almost all of it. Also, salvage all your passives. They go away so you may as well get something out of them while you can.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nalin posted:

I can get the 4x the game area, but how is red5 measuring 15x the content? While I'd be more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt Red5 has a very big procedurally-generate-everything streak and that tends to spread content wide but thin.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

dromer posted:

I can get the 4x the game area, but how is red5 measuring 15x the content? While I'd be more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt Red5 has a very big procedurally-generate-everything streak and that tends to spread content wide but thin.

probably missions/mission areas. basically "things to do." I imagine there will be quite a few more instance missions similar to BWA, but also some like cliff's edge.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

precedence posted:

probably missions/mission areas. basically "things to do." I imagine there will be quite a few more instance missions similar to BWA, but also some like cliff's edge.

Pretty much. You have all of Sertao and Devil's Tusk (Diamond Head) to fill up with ARES missions, some new open world events, Job Boards are a huge deal, the new instanced 20 man raids, new storyline missions, the whole Chosen Warfront DT take back event, and who knows what all OWPVP has in store for us. That's a whole continent we've only caught very small glimpses of in videos like the Gamespot trailer. I keep going back to watch it to see the different vehicles and their different weapons.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
Quick reminder to anyone with parts for frame progression, they will be converted to 100 Scrap. If you don't want 100 scrap, either sell it (Market Value: 20k) or use it. Found myself procrastinating on four for my Tigerclaw.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

Pretty much. You have all of Sertao and Devil's Tusk (Diamond Head) to fill up with ARES missions, some new open world events, Job Boards are a huge deal, the new instanced 20 man raids, new storyline missions, the whole Chosen Warfront DT take back event, and who knows what all OWPVP has in store for us. That's a whole continent we've only caught very small glimpses of in videos like the Gamespot trailer. I keep going back to watch it to see the different vehicles and their different weapons.

I'm more pissed about the fact that they're only releasing this now and couldn't be arsed to get some of it ready with the last reset when high level players had nothing to do. I know it's not as easy as it sounds but come on, they probably lost a good bunch of people right there.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The core game mechanics are changing. If they pumped out a bunch of new content back then, they'd have to take longer to redo it for now. They just went straight with rebuilding it rather than band-aids. Granted, it meant keeping us in the dark for 7 months but I think it'll be worth it.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The Doomsday event was fun. I got to see the Chosen LGV, I killed 7 devs, and we built a huge tower.

The tower got even larger near the end, but I didn't get a screenshot of it at that time.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Nalin posted:

The Doomsday event was fun. I got to see the Chosen LGV, I killed 7 devs, and we built a huge tower.
I can almost make out the blurry smudge where I am, Imgur likes to downsize and compress the ever loving poo poo out of images if its past a certain resolution, regardless of the filesize. That being said, killed 3 devs so I'm content.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

JonusRockweller posted:

I can almost make out the blurry smudge where I am, Imgur likes to downsize and compress the ever loving poo poo out of images if its past a certain resolution, regardless of the filesize. That being said, killed 3 devs so I'm content.
No, it's because I extracted the frame from a video I took. And I didn't set my bitrate high enough so it isn't as sharp as it could be (I used the same Intel Quick Sync settings on my desktop Ivy Bridge CPU as I do on my laptop's Haswell CPU. Haswell has better encoding quality, so I have to increase the bitrate on my Ivy Bridge CPU to match).

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
It was a special treat having LemonKing and Jazzhands in the group at the same time during all that. I also quite enjoyed it when one of the devs got into the copa respawn room and I pinned him in the corner with my Mammoth and fed him plasma.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Inimicul posted:

The core game mechanics are changing. If they pumped out a bunch of new content back then, they'd have to take longer to redo it for now. They just went straight with rebuilding it rather than band-aids. Granted, it meant keeping us in the dark for 7 months but I think it'll be worth it.

This could literally have been said a year ago and it would have been equally as wrong then. The primary problem with FF is that it's been stuck in beta development hell. Rather than refine ideas, the FF team decided to completely remake the game mechanics four goddamn times. If they had just kept the second revision of the mechanics (the first was utter poo poo) and refined them, then a large part of the team could have been making more content rather than reinventing the wheel, and they'd be building on two years of iteration instead of starting fresh yet again.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
A year ago would have been 0.6 and as interesting as it was then, it was pretty crap compared to what's coming out tomorrow. I firmly believe the overhaul was worth the wait.

Edit: Also, ocngrats to Cartographer for officially finishing in the top 10. You held at number 6. loving impressive.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/attachments/leaderboard_en_071414-jpg.2098521/

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 14, 2014

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Inimicul posted:

Edit: Also, congrats to Cartographer for officially finishing in the top 10. You held at number 6. loving impressive.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/attachments/leaderboard_en_071414-jpg.2098521/
Rock on, Cartographer.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Cartographer also got a call-out from FadedPez on the official forums.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/share-your-doomsday-stories.4064021/page-6#post-63092321

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
New hands-on preview from an event at the studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Branflakes posted:

Hi Pilots,
Just wanted to stop by to let you know that there was an error in the leaderboard I posted this morning. I've corrected it, and have updated my post here.
Thanks so much, and congrats again to our top-10!

Cheers,
Brandon

Someone made a thread about [TEX] Thethink, which had Brandon and the crew reevaluate the listings. Long story short, its safe to assume hes been disqualified, that makes Cartographer in 5th place and I can bet the guy who was originally bumped off of the leader board probably just pushed out a melon.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 14, 2014

• Locked thread