Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

What? Armies boosted to 500 members? Then again, some of the stuff in that article is wrong but with AOD spamming everything I wouldn't be surprised. It's laughable that the reason for the cap in the first place was a fear of us.

JonusRockweller posted:

Someone made a thread about [TEX] Thethink, which had Brandon and the crew reevaluate the listings. Long story short, its safe to assume hes been disqualified, that makes Cartographer in 5th place and I can bet the guy who was originally bumped off of the leader board probably just pushed out a melon.

HAHAHAHA :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Inimicul posted:

A year ago would have been 0.6 and as interesting as it was then, it was pretty crap compared to what's coming out tomorrow. I firmly believe the overhaul was worth the wait.

Edit: Also, ocngrats to Cartographer for officially finishing in the top 10. You held at number 6. loving impressive.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/attachments/leaderboard_en_071414-jpg.2098521/

JonusRockweller posted:

Someone made a thread about [TEX] Thethink, which had Brandon and the crew reevaluate the listings. Long story short, its safe to assume hes been disqualified, that makes Cartographer in 5th place and I can bet the guy who was originally bumped off of the leader board probably just pushed out a melon.

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if some crazy people were going to donate at the last minute or what, makes me pretty sad about all the cy I could have had though. That [TEX] thing was pretty drat funny though, I feel like they didn't fully delete the accounts and it auto-submitted some insane number of resources or something. Once I get a better idea of whats happening with the weapon design I'll come poll the thread and we can decide what to do for [GOONS], I don't have any particular attachment to any idea at the moment.

Didn't notice this at all, since I basically never read the forums. PvP + dev chosen was pretty fun though, managed to convince a few of them to do it.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
God reading the new post today about the changes to gliders almost makes me wish I had ground my rear end off to afford the emergency glider but 15 mins is a long rear end cooldown especially considering I would have had to been thumping fairly constantly the past couple days to have been able to make it.

The changes sound cool though, shared cooldown isn't terrible and the fact that every extra pad you have in your inventory buff you get either a quicker cooldown or a higher boost is nice.

Really looking forward to the Pre-launch tomorrow.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

quote:

The Cherub Glider Pad has been given the “Lofty” attribute. For every glider pad in your inventory with the “Lofty” attribute, the height to which you are lifted on using any glider pad is slightly increased.

Boosted height on launch? I don't think they're aware of the hoverpad/gliderpad glitch.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
So is the emergency glider the third glider pad you can use in a row now or something?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Not to thrilled with the pilot token change, but maybe the market and lottery will offset the impact those will have.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

Not to thrilled with the pilot token change, but maybe the market and lottery will offset the impact those will have.

What change?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, but I'll still link it in case there are other idiots.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/glider-pads-red-bean-rewards-vending-machines-and-pilot-tokens

imatree fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 15, 2014

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

imatree posted:

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, but I'll still link it in case there are other idiots.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/glider-pads-red-bean-rewards-vending-machines-and-pilot-tokens
Thank ya, just got home so that saved me the hassle.

'Celestial Wings Glider', actually looks like angel wings, which the Angel Wing Glider does not look like...
Yeah, that new Pilot token thing sounds horrible, most of us aren't affected but drat, you'd have to actually max out a frame in order to unlock a new one you might not even like? Wonder if they at least have a trial system or if they want more emphasis on the "Wait for someone to gamble Red Beans for a Pilot License and put it up for sale."

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran
Wow, now I wish I had worked a bit harder to unlock more frames. I have 4 left to unlock and that may take some time.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

It shouldn't be as difficult since you don't need progression parts anymore?

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

AirborneNinja posted:

It shouldn't be as difficult since you don't need progression parts anymore?

Well, the only thing I can think of is that we don't know the XP rates anymore. I doubt they would add all this new content if people could just blaze through it, but who knows.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

ErrantSystems posted:

Well, the only thing I can think of is that we don't know the XP rates anymore. I doubt they would add all this new content if people could just blaze through it, but who knows.

It's a warranted question given that you can't unlock a new frame untill you've fully completed a previous one with this new patch. Which means if it takes too long then new players will get bored and drop.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I guess it's one way to create an economy. I guess they are trying to introduce ways for people to convert real money to game money, like EVE Online. There certainly are going to be a bunch of ways to get things now.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

I guess it's one way to create an economy. I guess they are trying to introduce ways for people to convert real money to game money, like EVE Online. There certainly are going to be a bunch of ways to get things now.

It really looks like poo poo got real behind the scenes after what's him name ceo got the boot. R5's comment about the glider changes was about as snide and condescending as your average holier-than-thou mmo staff gets. Enticing people to spend real life money on something and then fundamentally changing it after the money has cleared the bank is shady, and not what I expect from R5.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
There was talk about bringing back the Battle Lab with all 16 frames so you could test drive a frame, of sorts. I wonder if that made it in?

They also said they're setting xp up to be the same as it currently is in live.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Inimicul posted:

They also said they're setting xp up to be the same as it currently is in live.

What does that translate to in hours to grind out the frame?

Well at least new players get the starter frames to play with before hitting the paywall.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I guess that depends on personal play style and available play time. At one point I was maxing a new frame every week. I hope it isn't that easy anymore.

Also, new OWPVP video posted:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ukmnwb/firefall-pvp--broken-peninsula-trailer

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 15, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Honestly I don't really mind the frame progression but I can see how it's detrimental if you don't already own the ones you want or want to play them all. Giving out epics for pilot tokens is downright dickish though since those are finite and it means if you buy frames with money you get more free epics and depending on circumstances could be downright pay to win. Yeah they want to and have to make money but that and the glider changes really rubs me the wrong way on top of the other complaints I have. And I really want to like this game.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I don't see what the big deal is with the gliders. They got buffed.

Edit: Also, it seems that R5 suffer the same curse that all game companies face. Unexpected delay on launch day.

Phobos, post: 63484821, member: 3 posted:

Hey folks,

As you all know, this downtime is required in order to perform the massive migration of user data over to new systems. It's a pretty intensive process with a lot of moving parts and potential for issues. As we were testing some of the migrations that we performed, we noticed some discrepancies in what we expected on some of our test accounts. As such, it requires additional investigation and may require running migration scripts over again if the issue is found to be in one of those steps.

Since this investigation could take some time, we'd rather let you know well in advance that we are going to extend our downtime. I can't give an entirely accurate estimate until we're able to figure out what kinds of issues we're looking at, but expect there to be at least some delay that will take us beyond our 10am PDT estimate. We will update with a better timeframe before 10am PDT.

Thank you for sticking this out with us. We hope to have everything up and running as quickly as possible.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 15, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

Edit: Also, it seems that R5 suffer the same curse that all game companies face. Unexpected delay on launch day.

How do you figure? Seems like they nerfed the separate cool downs. I bought additional founder packs specifically because of the separate cool downs, now I have fluff gliders. I really got creamed in this new transition process, and I don't think it would sting so bad if r5 weren't being so glib about what they have done.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
The Pilot token thing is kind of weird, but they did mention there will be "Pilot Licensees" as rewards for some stuff that unlock a Frame and are tradable.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

MadHat posted:

The Pilot token thing is kind of weird, but they did mention there will be "Pilot Licensees" as rewards for some stuff that unlock a Frame and are tradable.

Yes, but those come from the gambling machines and someone did almost certainly pay real money for that so the argument stands.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Patch notes!

http://www.firefallthegame.com/patch-notes-for-update-10

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Inimicul posted:

If you previously had two glider premium pads, effective cooldown was N/2. Now it's N-2. Given that N = 120, this is kinda lovely.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Oh, ok. I didn't know the flavor of the month pads had separate cooldowns. All mine other than the Adventurers pad had the same cooldown. I can't think of a time when I've ever needed more than the two so I guess that's why I don't care.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ralith posted:

If you previously had two glider premium pads, effective cooldown was N/2. Now it's N-2. Given that N = 120, this is kinda lovely.

I can see the reasoning given that players were probably meant to use their vehicles to get around rather than popping glide pads every two minutes.

I'm more sad that Open world PVP is more of a gamemode than actual FFA.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Yeah, I've found the two minute cooldown of my single premium pad to be just fine, with the Adventurer's filling in the odd gaps. Though part of this is probably because I mostly play firecat and use afterburner+inferno dash to stay airborne indefinitely.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I think we can all agree this is the best change.
code:
* Permanent item loss has been removed.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Patch notes: http://www.firefallthegame.com/patch-notes-for-update-10

quote:

We’re happy to announce we are now available via Steam! You now have the option of using the stand alone launcher or installing to Steam.
Battleframes now advance in levels rather than constraints. Maximum level will be reached at 40. Sertao has been added to the open world intended for levels 25-37.
Devil's Tusk (formerly known as Diamondhead) is now primed to be fully unlocked.
Kanaloa has surfaced! Be sure to check out our first maximum level raid boss encounter!
Players are now able to accept ARES Jobs. These jobs are available for players of any level from corresponding ARES Job boards at the POIs.
Resources have been simplified. There will no longer be 1000 different quality levels for 16 different resources. Instead we have opted to switch to a more traditional resource system which has varying rarities depicted by color (white, green, blue, purple or orange).
Battleframes now advance in levels rather than constraints. Maximum level will be reached at 40.
Permanent item loss has been removed.
Due to the nature of the work performed on core systems, many items have been either migrated to fit the new system, converted into salvage, converted to Crystite, or removed depending on the item. Check the migration list for full details here: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/item-migration-information-and-inventory-limits.4047121/
Players can now create 20-player groups called “Platoons”.

Battleframes

Battleframes now advance in levels rather than constraints. Maximum level will be reached at 40.
Context: Path to Launch Blog #1
Battleframe movement and energy have been adjusted to grant more mobility at lower levels.
With the removal of constraints the way pilot tokens are earned has been adjusted. Players will now gain 10 pilot tokens upon reaching max level with any battleframe.
All secondary weapons now have a near-infinite amount of ammo.
Context: We realized running out of ammo just isn’t fun so we decided to raise the ammo of secondary weapons to a huge amount so players won’t ever feel “defenseless”.
Melee attacks no longer require an equipped perk. This allows all battleframes access to melee without having to spend precious perk points that could be used elsewhere.
Melee damage scales on power rating and deals double damage when used from behind a target.
All frames now progress visually when they advance in levels. At certain level intervals the frames will gain additional pieces of visual armor so that other players can see your strength!
All battleframes now have a “power rating” which gives the players an easy way to view their overall strength. Think of this stat as your traditional strength/dex/intellect score from other MMOs but instead of multiple damage stats you only need to worry about one. Power rating directly affects your weapon damage as well as ability damage/healing.
Sprint animations have been updated for all battleframes.
Battleframe passives have been converted into Perks.
Out of combat health regeneration for players has been increased.

Perks

Perk points have been revised to a simpler number. Players now can obtain up to 21 perk points. Each perk will cost either 1, 2, 5 or 8 points to equip based on perk tier.
Chosen Hunter – 1 point - Awarded from Scourge of the Chosen Achievement – Increases damage dealt to chosen targets by 10%.
Ambush – 1 point – Nighthawk level 10 unlock – Nighthawk restricted – While not acquired by enemy SIN, the Nighthawk’s shots gain extra damage.
Auxilliary Tanks – 1 point - Tigerclaw level 10 unlock – Tigerclaw restricted – Grants the Tigerclaw bonus energy regeneration when an ability is used.
Conduit – 1 point - Raptor level 10 unlock – Raptor restricted - Each hit of the charge rifle grants a stack of Conduit. Upon reaching three stacks, the next ability becomes empowered. Using an empowered ability consumes all stacks.
Dynamic Relay – 1 point – Electron level 10 unlock – Electron restricted – Dealing damage increases the strength of the Electron’s shields, applied shields increase the Electron’s rate of fire.
Incinerator – 1 point – Firecat level 10 unlock – Firecat restricted – Targets that are hit by the Firecat’s abilities are briefly set on fire, dealing damage over time.
Munitions – 1 point – Arsenal level 10 unlock – Arsenal restricted – Each ability use provides the Arsenal with additional ammo.
Rally – 1 point – Dragonfly level 10 unlock – Dragonfly restricted – Dealing damage increases the Dragonfly’s damage output, healing targets increases the Dragonfly’s damage output.
Nanite Absorption – 1 point – Assault level 10 unlock - Assault restricted – Gain additional healing when picking up or using health packs.
Imminent Threat –1 point – Mammoth level 10 Unlock – Mammoth restricted - Nearby enemies take additional damage.
Necrotic Poison – 1 point – Recluse level 10 Unlock – Recluse restricted - Dealing poison damage applies poison effect to enemy targets that reduces the target’s damage output.
Overseer – 1 point - Bastion level 10 Unlock – Bastion restricted - Nearby deployables take 30% less damage.
Personal Shield – 1 point - Rhino level 10 Unlock – Rhino restricted - Using any ability grants the user a small damage shield.
Repairing Nanites – 1 point – Accord Engineer level 10 Unlock – Engineer restricted - Deployables will attempt to heal upon dropping lower than 30% health.
Regenerative Plating – 1 point – Accord Recon level 10 unlock – Recon restricted – Grant a short burst of health after a kill or assist.
Resilient Plating – 1 point – Dreadnaught level 10 Unlock – Dreadnaught restricted - Gain additional health regeneration when health drops below 25%.
Siphoning Unit – 1 point – Biotech level 10 unlock – Biotech restricted - Heals the user for a percentage of damage dealt to targets.
Prototype plasma has been removed.
Invigorate – 5 points - Assault level 30 Unlock – Activating any ability increases movement speed and attack speed for the user and nearby allies.

Assault

Overcharge has been reworked. Overcharge now grants increased rate of fire and unlimited ammo for the duration of the ability.
Soaring Afterburner is no longer an ability that can be created in the game.
Context: Soaring Afterburner was enabling movement beyond what was intended by design for players.

Tigerclaw

Disruption is now a front-facing cone attack with a small knockback with an appropriate visual effect.
Tigerclaw’s Missile Shot is now instantly fired without using ammo from the primary weapon and has damage which scales by the ability’s level rather than the weapon the tigerclaw is using. It will also deal bonus damage to targets under 50% of their maximum health.

Firecat

Thermal wave is now a front-facing cone attack with a small knockback with an appropriate visual effect.
Immolate has an updated visual effect.

Dreadnaught

Turret Mode now inflicts a brief cooldown after it is disengaged, and no longer increases damage per round. Mammoth
Teleport shot now teleports the player if it reaches max distance without hitting terrain or an enemy.

Rhino

Rhino’s Charge now grants temporary knockback immunity and allows the Rhino to pass through enemies. It also knocks back, snares, and damages any enemies near the Rhino.

Engineer

Female engineers will no longer suffer during cold weather. We realized we could rebuild them, we have the technology. As a result: Female engineers now have two full pant legs.

Accord Engineer

The Accord Engineer’s primary weapon has been changed to the Tesla Rifle. We wanted all engineers to have access to repair deployables, so the decision was made to offer the Tesla Rifle to the accord engineer battleframe which in turn allows all advanced Engineer battleframes to attain this weapon as well.
Heavy Turret accuracy has been greatly improved to increase usability.
Context: Previously Heavy Turret had a wide spread range which caused the turret to have major issues hitting small targets from a distance resulting in lower damage output and less fun overall. This should help the engineer perform more competitively with other frames.
Updated Heavy Turret to have a visually distinct “effective range” so players can easily visualize the turret's range potential.
Heavy turret now has a base duration of 120 seconds, modifiable by modules.
Players can now have more than one heavy turret when modified by modules.
HKM Supply Station is no longer an ability that can be created in the game.
Context: HKM Supply Station was enabling players to charge HKMs much faster than intended.

Bastion

The Bastion’s primary weapon has been changed to the sticky grenade launcher. This allows the bastion to have a strong combat weapon without being restrictive to the other engineer frames due to being the only engineer with a weapon that can repair.
Multi-turrets now have a base duration of 120 seconds, modifiable by modules.
Accord Recon

SIN Beacon now has the potential for multiple charges (similar to Trail Blaze or Multi-Turret). Maximum amount of charges can be modified by Deployment Modules.
Cryo Grenade now has the potential for multiple charges (similar to Trail Blaze or Multi-Turret). Maximum amount of charges can be modified by Deployment Modules.

Nighthawk

The Nighthawk's Sniper Rifle will now do 30% bonus damage on critical hit volumes such as headshots.

Raptor

Overload will no w properly override the player’s ammo on their current primary weapon rather than granting a temporary charge rifle. This allows Overload to be used with the R36 as well as the charge rifle.
Pve

New Player Experience

Added introduction area before the Copacabana instance where players can move at their own pace, view basic battleframes, adjust key bindings and learn the movement controls.
Updated the narrative on the Copacabana instance to match the overall Firefall story line.
Added a guided new user introductory quest line to help players understand the open world of Firefall.

Open World

ARES jobs are now available from the local ARES job boards! 300+ new jobs have been added to the open world.
Context: Path to Launch Blog #3
Sertao has been added to the world as a progression zone.
Sertao is meant for levels 25 through 36 and is connected to Coral Forest. Players will experience a fast zone transition when walking between these two zones.
Devil's Tusk (formerly known as Diamondhead) is now primed to be fully unlocked.
Devil’s Tusk is designed for levels 37-40. Players will receive a mission that will send them to Devil’s Tusk when at the appropriate level. Arcporters to Devils Tusk are also available in Copacabana, Trans Hub and Sunken Harbor.
Devil's Tusk will start out mostly covered by the Melding, and will be unlocked by players in stages.
Dark Crystite will be required for creating Dark Crystite Cores for the first unlock of Devil's Tusk.
Infused Dark Crystite will be required for creating Infused Dark Crystite Cores for the second unlock of Devil's Tusk.
Powered Dark Crystite will be required for creating Powered Dark Crystite Cores for the final unlock of Devil's Tusk, permanently unveiling the area in its entirety for players to enjoy.
When players donate the respective (Infused/Powered) Dark Crystite Cores for their respected areas, they will be placed on the leaderboard shown for unlocking the zone permanently.
New monsters have appeared across Sertao and Devil’s Tusk, some of which have been shown in our Creature Feature blogs while others will be entirely brand-new!
Numerous world building updates and changes.
Added a monument to Copacabana in celebration of our Beta Testers' dedication over the years. Players that interact with this monument will be granted 7% movement speed and 7% bonus hit points while in Coral Forest. This buff has a 1 hour duration but can be refreshed at any time by interacting with the monument again. The buff will be removed if the player leaves Coral Forest.
Updated town NPC animations, emotes and poses.
Antartica and Sargasso Sea have been closed down for the time being as they are currently unfinished and not used in current content.
The Melding now has an enhanced visual effect which is much closer to our original concepts.

Creatures

Creatures in the open world now regenerate HP out of combat.
There are a multitude of new creatures entering the world of Firefall, some of which may be familiar and others which may be a total surprise. Some of these creatures have been shown via our Creature Feature blogs but other existing creatures have also had some updates! Last we heard those bandits factions were getting particularly creative in their weaponry.

Campaign

Chapter 1 of our episodic campaign is now available in its entirety.
Bandit Caverns are now part of the campaign series and have been renamed Subterranean Caverns.
Blackwater Anomaly has been reworked narratively to complete Chapter 1, along with a new boss fight.
Campaign Points have been removed, campaign missions will now be unlocked at specific levels (one-time unlock per character).
Context: Path to Launch Blog #4

Instances

An all new max level platoon instance “Kanaloa’s Lair” has been added to Devil’s Tusk. Prepare to face off with one of our first Titans released!
Baneclaw has been updated and moved to a platoon instance in Devil’s Tusk.
Kanaloa and Baneclaw both have 7 day lockout timers.
The Devil’s Tusk melding pushback event is available as a max level replayable platoon instance after completing the pushback event in the open world.

Pvp

Open world PVP consists of 3 or more ‘sanctioned’ teams – The number of teams will automatically increase as the teams become more full. Each team can consist of up to 20 players.
A Sanctioned team fights under the moniker of one of the corporations (Omnidyne-M, Astrek Association, etc.)
When you join Broken Peninsula you will automatically be put onto one of the sanction teams (with your friends if you join as a squad)
There are 6 outposts and 9 towers.
All bases and towers are able to be captured by players by destroying their protective objectives and interacting with the command terminal.
When you interact with a command terminal of a location that is not owned by you it will start a capture timer (2 to 5 minutes) that counts down to 0. When the timer reaches 0, the attacking team will gain control of the objective.
Controlling a base/tower provides you the following:
Spawn Point – IF you die in the Peninsula, you will respawn at the closest place that your team owns to where you died.
Access to SRT thumpers – Short Range Thumpers that are position able anywhere within the SIN radius of that location.
(**Thumpers crafted by players cannot be used to deposit resources at owned bases in Broken Peninsula**)
SRT Thumpers deposit their resources INTO the location that you got the SRT from, not player inventories.
These locations will periodically send ‘back’ the resources that you put into them to New Eden by arcporting --- which will give them to you PERMANENTLY.
The team that controls the base WHILE the arcport completes splits the haul amongst the team.
Any resources that you collect are TEMPORARY in your inventory until you deposit them into an arcporter and successfully defend them for the duration of the arcport, at which point you will see a reward message with your share of the loot.
Players will DROP all temporary resources AND a crystite resonator on death.
Player can use Crystite resonators to upgrade bases, making them tougher to capture (more objectives) and provide access to better technology ( SRTs, Thumpers, Vehicles.)
Context: Path to Launch #8

Crafting

We have simplified the resource system to no longer use a 1000 quality system. The new resource system uses three different categories of materials: metals, electronics and biomaterials. Metals can be gained from thumping, electronics are gained from salvaging bandit and chosen drops and biomaterials are gained from killing creatures in the open world.
Context: Path to Launch Blog #2
All crafted gear will now have a randomized prefix attached which will slightly boost one specific stat depending on the prefix.
Players will no longer be required to specialize in a profession in order to craft or research specific items. The end result is a player can research as much as they'd like and have access to all items they have researched at any time.
Updated the research menu to be more manageable. Upon selecting the crafting type, a subcategory menu will be shown. The recipes of the selected subcategory will be shown to the right of the subcategory menu.

Items

With the updates to resources, items no longer rely upon quality levels either. Instead we have opted to go with a much more conventional approach using color to represent quality level (green = uncommon, blue = rare, etc.).
Some equipment now comes with module slots. Modules are a new item that can be slotted into the player’s existing gear to raise power rating as well as boosting other stats. Some example modules would be increased rate of fire, increased damage or reduced cooldown. Modules drop as loot from killing enemies or are rewarded from jobs and missions.
Permanent item loss has been removed. In the new system gear will still have durability and need occasional repairs, but the gear will no longer be able to be destroyed from use. Players can repair at any garage terminal for crystite.
Item drops are now much more prevalent in the world. This will help players who are not crafters in still being able to attain gear from drops or missions and jobs.
Summoned pets no longer collide with players, stop bullets or otherwise interfere with player actions.
LGVs now have different ratings: "Average", "Above Average" and "Excellent". These vehicle stats affect handling, vehicle hit points and movement speed. All existing LGVs purchased with red beans will have the "Excellent" handling and movement speed ratings, with 3,000 vehicle hit points. The end result for existing LGVs is players should experience no change in their performance with this update.
All weapons now have various appearances and warpaints, as well as unique inventory icons.
Servos, plating and jumpjets have been combined into one item called a “Core”. The player’s core will determine their overall move speed, jump height and health. This puts players in a position of deciding between having higher health and being able to take the hits directly or to have higher mobility and be able to completely avoid the incoming damage.
Players now gain reputation vouchers from completing ARES Jobs at specific POIs. These vouchers can be spent at the corresponding POI for higher rarity weapons and abilities that match the POI’s level range.
Shell Fragment have been renamed to Reflective Shell.

Daily Login Rewards

Day 1: +5% XP for the next hour.
Day 2: +5% XP and crystite for the next hour.
Day 3: +5% XP, Crystite and Reputation Vouchers for the next hour.
Day 4: +10% XP, +5% Crystite and Reputation Vouchers for the next hour.
Day 5+: +10% XP, Crystite and Reputation vouchers for the next hour.
Context: Path to Launch Blog #4

Glider Changes

All deployable gliders used from a player’s inventory now have a 120 second shared cooldown.
Two gliders, the Adventurer’s Glider Pad and the Accord Emergency Glider, also have individual cooldowns which are longer.
The individual cooldown on the Adventurer’s Glider Pad has been reduced from 60 Minutes to 30 Minutes.
The Reusable Glider Pad has been renamed to the Quicksilver Glider Pad.
It now has a special attribute: ‘Quickened’. For each Quickened glider you own, the shared cooldown of all of your gliders is reduced by 3 seconds.
The Cherub Glider Pad now has a special attribute: ‘Lofty’.
For each Lofty glider you own, the height at which you are lifted on activating any glider is slightly increased.
Players with an active VIP membership now receive two seconds of increased acceleration upon activating a glider.
All glider changes are retroactive to existing gliders.
Credits system

Players may give Crystite to the Accord in exchange for credits. This is done in the Currency Exchange interface, accessible from the Marketplace or the menu bar.
Credits are the currency used for the Marketplace and for many premium services in game.
Credits are not earned directly from missions.
Credits may also be used to purchase Red Beans from other players on the Currency Exchange.
More details about the credit system can be found here

Rb Cafe

VIP membership will now provide 25% bonus crystite, 25% bonus XP, 25% more rep vouchers, +2 crafting workbench slots, +8 market slots as well as access to the VIP Boosted Glider Pad.
There are now a total of four tokens for use in the Vending Machines:
Copper Vending Token – Earned from ARES Jobs with a small chance to give Silver level rewards.
Silver Vending Token – Craftable via the manufacturing station.
Gold Vending Token – Purchased from the Red Bean Store.
Red Bean Reward Token – Granted with purchases of certain Red Bean Packs.
Red Bean Reward Tokens are granted for purchasing Red Beans.
The rewards from the Red Bean Reward Tokens cannot be received by using other tokens.

Social

Players are now able to form large squads called “Platoons” along with their own platoon chat channel. Platoons can have up to 20 players in them and are used mainly for Platoon instances as well as open world PVP. Please note: Platoons do not currently support VOIP, need/greed or resource splitting.
We have added a “Need vs. Greed” loot system. When in a squad, the squad leader can set various factors which decide which loot can be rolled on. Players pick either need or greed and if any player in the group picks need they get first roll on the item (along with any others who picked need). The highest roll wins the item.

Ui

Mouse mode toggle key default has been moved to Left-ALT by default.
Added an XP bar below the ability, calldown, health and ammo Heads Up Display.
The current equipped battleframe's current level will show below its icon in the upper left corner of the screen (a red arrow underneath the level denotes that the battleframe's power level is currently downscaled to the displayed level to accommodate the zone level).
Entity plates have been updated.
Battleframe icons are now shown above players' heads in the world, in squad or in platoon (previously only the archetype was displayed).
Activity tracker has been updated with several interface options.
Frame icons displayed on the world map and radar will now accurately reflect the specific frame, not just the frame archetype. I.E. – players will now specifically see a Mammoth icon instead of a Dreadnaught icon.
World map and minimap now show main roads.
Minimap is much sharper now.

Garage

The Garage interface has been updated to be easier to use and fit our new gear such as cores.
A Garage Station is still required to configure Perks and repair equipment.
Players can now equip weapons, abilities, cores and modules on the fly in the field without requiring a Garage Station.
The player’s paperdoll has received an update which allows players to open the paper doll while out in the field and equip any new equipment without needing to return to the garage.
The Paint Shop (covering warpaints, patterns and decals) and New You (covering all character-based cosmetics) can be accessed from a Garage Station.
Battleframes can still be unlocked at the Garage by clicking the "Battleframes" button. This will bring up a new window, "Battleframe Progression" that will display your Red Bean balance and the amount of Pilot Tokens you have accumulated. Click on the "Unlock" button on the desired premium battleframe you wish to unlock.
The "Battleframe Progression" window will also show a progression bar for all owned battleframes.

Mailbox & Trading

The Mailbox now gives players the ability to send items to other players in their army or on their friends list. In order to trade, players must be friends with the recipient or army for a minimum of 3 days.
Currencies (such as Red Beans, Credits, Crystite, Vouchers) and resources may not be traded via the Mailbox.

Inventory Interface

Our inventory UI has been updated and had multiple performance improvements. List and grid view are available (default view is grid).
The inventory is divided between "Inventory" (showing all items that count towards your inventory limits), and "Reusable items" (these are reusable calldowns that do not count towards your inventory limit).
The gear button next to the search field allows for quick filters for your inventory.
The inventory is also searchable for specific items.

Inventory Category

Inventory listings are separated by the following categories, in order: Primary Weapons, Secondary Weapons, Abilities, Battleframe Cores, Weapon Modules, Modules, Consumable Items, Crafting Components, Salvage, and Unlocks.
The bottom right side of the inventory shows a snapshot of your major currencies: Crystite, Credits and Red Beans. Mouseover this area to display all owned currencies (including vouchers, tokens, research points, etc.).
The bottom left side of your inventory shows your inventory count.
Inventory limit created at a base of 155. Further inventory slots can be purchased with Red Beans by clicking the bag button.
Players can salvage multiple items simultaneously quickly. When the salvage menu is open, left clicking on an item in inventory will add the item to the salvage queue. Clicking the (x) in the upper right corner of the icon in the salvage queue will remove that item from the salvage queue.
Click the check mark to perform the salvage operation.
Clicking the salvage button while the salvage queue is open will hide the salvage queue, but not clear it.

Reusable Items Category

This category will house items such as Thumpers, Vehicles, Pets and deployables (gliders, jump pads, etc.).
Items in this section do not count towards your inventory count.

Marketplace

The Marketplace has been redesigned to be easier to use and more efficient at returning the results the player requests.
Marketplace categories are now listed on the left of the Marketplace interface for ease of finding desired items.
The Marketplace now has the ability for players to place buy orders. Buy orders are set up by players who want an item but don’t see one at the price they desire. Buy orders can be viewed by other players and fulfilled via the Marketplace.
All trading that takes place on the Marketplace now uses Credits as a currency.
Added a Currency Exchange to the Marketplace. This is the area used to convert Crystite to Credits, exchange Credits for Red Beans, and display your exchange history.

Activity/Objective Tracker

A new UI component has been added which tracks thumper status and health in clear view along the side of the player’s screen. This will help with messaging and prevent players from constantly having to try to read the SIN card attached to the thumper to find out how they are doing.
The activity tracker has had a major overhaul which removed wandering encounters and ARES missions from appearing and added in ARES Jobs and missions. This allows players to easily track what mission or job they are currently working on and still enables them to engage with nearby content without losing track of what they were doing.

Travel Interface

The travel interface, which is accessed at Armored Dropships or Arcporters, has been updated.
The Campaign tab is used to select between repeatable campaign instances.
The Missions tab is used to travel to non-campaign instances.
The Travel tab is used to travel to Broken Peninsula, Sertao, Devil's Tusk and Coral Forest.

Performance

Various Performance and memory optimizations.
e: f;b

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

quote:

Soaring Afterburner is no longer an ability that can be created in the game.
Context: Soaring Afterburner was enabling movement beyond what was intended by design for players.
Called it. Seems some people are up in arms about it, it "would be an intended design for players", save for the part where they disabled gliders in missions.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 15, 2014

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
Hahaha. I don't know why, but the funniest thing in the patch notes is that they backpedaled on limited ammo for secondaries. Of all the two year old changes being undone, that was one I didn't see coming. That said, I wonder if it's exactly like the old system where the grenade launcher had limited shots and everything else didn't.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Steam download is now live: http://www.firefallthegame.com/download-firefall/download-and-play-free-now

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Excellent, I was wondering how that was going to play out. Figured all non-early access and delta players would have to wait till the 29th. It even has the achievements mapped to steam, which I find amusing. Bandwidth be damned, my ISP can choke on it. I'll be downloadin' this version right now. (Don't know why they went with an 'F' for the new game icon. Looks budgeted to hell.)

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Wow, that patch went a hell of a lot faster than I'm used to. Servers are still down with no mention of a new ETR anywhere so maybe it will be ready when I get to work tonight.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
<:red5: Cloudchaser> Because we're sorry about the extended downtime, any of our Beta (closed or open) players are going to get extra presents when they log in. =)
<:red5: Cloudchaser> Anyone who made an account before the 8th, to be particular
<:red5: Cloudchaser> Red Panda pet and seven days free VIP time, actually. =) It's because we love you!
<:red5: Cloudchaser> The Red Panda pet right now has an extra special fun bug that we decided to wait for a patch to fix (because it's not a really bad bug)
<:red5: Cloudchaser> Friendly NPC's try and attack it. It's hilarious. They can't hurt it (it has no hitbox)
<:red5: Cloudchaser> That'll be fixed in our first real patch in awhile.

TheBlandName posted:

Hahaha. I don't know why, but the funniest thing in the patch notes is that they backpedaled on limited ammo for secondaries. Of all the two year old changes being undone, that was one I didn't see coming. That said, I wonder if it's exactly like the old system where the grenade launcher had limited shots and everything else didn't.
Technically everything has limited shots. They just give you something crazy like 30,000 rounds. Back when secondaries were "unlimited", I actually idled in Copa shooting at players long enough that I ran out of ammo. That was when I found out the sad truth.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Nalin posted:

Technically everything has limited shots. They just give you something crazy like 30,000 rounds. Back when secondaries were "unlimited", I actually idled in Copa shooting at players long enough that I ran out of ammo. That was when I found out the sad truth.
Sounds like inspiration for an Add-on.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Ok, I'll bite. What kind of addon? One that shows a four digit spare ammo counter? Or one that flashes a message after you've shot through 10,000 rounds that says "Dude! Go do something else"

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
The latter, probably regenerates at an obscene rate just so people can't keep the trigger held down at all times. lol

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
Map of Broken Peninsula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Nalin posted:

Cloudchaser

Still no idea how long the downtime is going to extend, eh? I know this tactic. I've used it before. If they tell us it'll be another 10 hours then that's 10 hours of typical forum behaviour (rants) but if they stick with no ETR for 5 hours and then say it'll just be another 5 hours then that cuts down on some of the bitching. Sadly, that screws over people who should be in bed or other real life things but keep hitting F5 hoping for good news.

• Locked thread