Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is the game still down for maintenance? I'm sitting at the "United Armies of the Accord" screen, with ambient sounds playing in the background but nothing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

This game looks a lot like global agenda. Anyone who's played both care to comment how the games differ?

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Now I only played a bit of GA, so I might have missed some things in that game.

Firefall has an open world while IIRC in GA you were going through different instances that had missions and those instances were limited in movement (I remember not being able to jetpack to some places, while in FF you can go pretty much anywhere). In FF the open world is only limited by the melding, which players will be able to move in the future.

GA also didn't have the whole dynamic event system, while in FF in addition to regular quests you have a bunch of dynamic events that can happen anywhere in the world and some are player created (like thumping, which gives you resources). In FF the AI can even take over parts of the open world.

So basically the differences are: actual open world, dynamic events, vehicles (don't remember if GA had them) and gliders along with faster movement, ability to use first person perspective, and obviously a much more different feel.

Glarg
Apr 27, 2007
:frog:

Thanks!

Glarg fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 22, 2013

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

Looks like fun!

civik84@hotmail.com

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

GodFish posted:

Yeah, everything in the patch looks cool enough that I'm still excited for the patch, but Tigerclaw was my favorite class entirely for the mobility. (I ran cannonball, afterburners, rocket jump, didn't even bother with offensive abilities)
They should switch cannonball for rocket jump. I can't hit poo poo with cannonball, but I could easily kill a whole group of enemies with rocket jump. And it was really useful as an escape tool too. Suddenly swarmed by a group of spawning enemies? Rocket jump to safety and kill half of them in the process.

Miaou
Jun 13, 2008

Christopher posted:

Please re-read the OP.

Thought that was in regards to some other thread, for some reason. :frog:

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

With this new patch it looks like my Tigerclaw frame can no longer "fly" pretty much forever? It looks like at least two of my movement abilities were removed, which is why I liked the frame in the first place.

Still, I'm happy they are making such progressive changes across the board. Maybe more people will start playing the game, giving it a fighting chance to survive.

Also, patch notes mention nothing about Armies (unless they call them something else and I completely missed it?).

Graphics fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 22, 2013

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Overture posted:

With this new patch it looks like my Tigerclaw frame can no longer "fly" pretty much forever? It looks like at least two of my movement abilities were removed, which is why I liked the frame in the first place.

Still, I'm happy they are making such progressive changes across the board. Maybe more people will start playing the game, giving it a fighting chance to survive.

Also, patch notes mention nothing about Armies (unless they call them something else and I completely missed it?).

Yeah I'm bummed about my Tigerclaw too, but with how many quality frame options there are now I'm not worried.

Armies are definitely in those patch notes, I can't load them right now on my phone but armies are definitely in with this patch.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm playing for the first time, just doing the tutorial missions or whatever. I'm supposed to enter the Trans Hub tunnels from entrance 1 or 2, but nothing happens when I do. Is it just buggy, or broken? Can I just ignore it and go off and kill stuff or will I miss out on "stuff"?

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Army terminals are west of the molecular printer in Copacabana:

I can't seem to build the small healthpacks on the molecular printer. Keeps saying all workbenches are busy. I was refining some minerals before the patch hit and never unloaded those so I hope my printer didn't bug out on that.

Who is starting the army/ doing the invites?

Troll
Jan 15, 2012

Jonatir posted:

Sent, don't forget to invite others when you get the chance.

Does it generally take awhile? I still haven't gotten the invite email.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Looks like the only movement ability the Tigerclaw gets is a slight 10% speed buff. :smith:
Also that fusion cannon has practically zero splash radius. It might actually be zero splash. For something that fires slow, holds 6 rounds, and doesn't contain that much ammo, it really, really sucks to miss shots.

I also haven't been able to view my inventory; I get constant SIN errors. And, before the patch hit, I tossed an item in the printer (a melded DNA component thing) to finish overnight. Looks like I lost that too (hopefully it is just a symptom of my inventory not loading.) I have to head to work so hopefully they get all these issues sorted out for the weekend.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Pindakaas posted:

Army terminals are west of the molecular printer in Copacabana:

I can't seem to build the small healthpacks on the molecular printer. Keeps saying all workbenches are busy. I was refining some minerals before the patch hit and never unloaded those so I hope my printer didn't bug out on that.

Who is starting the army/ doing the invites?

Servers are in a state of making GBS threads themselves right now, either from all the players or an old bug cropped up again. :gonk:
e: So glad R5 pushed all the awesome art on the Firecat.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

The new abilities are nice and all but I really miss having repulsor blast to knock out huge swarms of low hp enemies. The alt fire that slows enemies doesn't feel all that useful but it's better than that shield thing we had.

Bonxai
May 2, 2011

bonzaixx1@gmail.com

Getting in line for an invite, thanks!

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
Not sure if they just opened invites or something but it tells me every single person on here has one already. If you didn't get an email please try going to their website and going through the beta account setup process and you should magically be in.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

So the Recon frame is really god drat amazing now. Just chilling on the rooftops of Copacabana waiting for a friend to get in and throwing SIN beacons down at people thumping and getting resources and exp for it.

The rifle is also fun as hell and can't wait to pop an expanded magazine and higher damage barrel on this bad boy.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

They're at PAX east right now and streaming their q&a: http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Lemon King posted:

Servers are in a state of making GBS threads themselves right now, either from all the players or an old bug cropped up again. :gonk:
e: So glad R5 pushed all the awesome art on the Firecat.

O no have the AI servers sprung a leak again?

Will be fun to play around with Firecat once I finish patching, that was my primary Frame before so interesting to see what it is like now only with more Fire.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.
I have two keys for people to grab. So grab them or something. PM me or reply if you use them please.

**used **

If you want to generate keys without needing peoples' email addresses, just generate the key here https://beta.firefallthegame.com/invites and just "send" it without putting in an email address. It'll just pop you back with a code you can copy and paste.

permanoob fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 22, 2013

precedence
Jun 28, 2010
dragonfly looks awesome and feels awesome, but the tigerclaw isn't the super awesome never touch the ground suit it used to be :argh:

In other news, i can't really craft or change my suits because i'm having issues with the "sin network"

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Are people actually able to get in-game? It just keeps bouncing me back to character selection halfway through loading.

Bonxai
May 2, 2011

Troll posted:

Not sure if they just opened invites or something but it tells me every single person on here has one already. If you didn't get an email please try going to their website and going through the beta account setup process and you should magically be in.

Yeah... my beta key redemption page got an SQL error and it thinks I already submitted a key even though I didn't, so whatever! Downloading the installer now.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Phoix posted:

Are people actually able to get in-game? It just keeps bouncing me back to character selection halfway through loading.

I think it just went down or is at capacity. i was in. logged out to fix some issues and now i can't get back in :(

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm only just finishing the patch, so let's see what hilarity has ensued.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

permanoob posted:

46ARL-BQIOA-K3NMH-MXALD

Used this, thanks. Will pass the extra invites forward.

Matrix-7
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, bro, fade into the shade! You're bad news - obituary column style!

permanoob posted:

I have two keys for people to grab. So grab them or something. PM me or reply if you use them please.

86Z9D-CIVYR-OFLWF-P1B0R
46ARL-BQIOA-K3NMH-MXALD

If you want to generate keys without needing peoples' email addresses, just generate the key here https://beta.firefallthegame.com/invites and just "send" it without putting in an email address. It'll just pop you back with a code you can copy and paste.

Hey, I grabbed the first one. Thanks alot! Game looks pretty cool, looking forward to it.

Posted 3 keys up in the invite begging thread.

Matrix-7 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 22, 2013

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Pindakaas posted:

They're at PAX east right now and streaming their q&a: http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

Stream finally got fixed, Q/A starting now.

Now if only I wasn't getting stuck on loading screens in game.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm just sitting on these ensign tiki masks so I'm gonna post the keys here.
Free hats for whoever claims them first:

e: all gone.

http://beta.firefallthegame.com/founders/redeem

Pindakaas fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 22, 2013

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Pindakaas posted:

I'm just sitting on these ensign tiki masks so I'm gonna post the keys here.
Free hats for whoever claims them first:

TKRVL-GGABQ-JGDQX-NXV39-7VFDP

http://beta.firefallthegame.com/founders/redeem

I grabbed this one, thanks.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Already spotted one flaw. The tutorial takes you through various commands, but fails to tell you how to operate them. Not a good idea for new players.

ALSO: Who knew that Red 5 rented their servers from EA? :downsrim:

Doodles fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 22, 2013

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.

Doodles posted:

Already spotted one flaw. The tutorial takes you through various commands, but fails to tell you how to operate them. Not a good idea for new players.

Report it then yo. This is the first time people have even seen it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

permanoob posted:

Report it then yo. This is the first time people have even seen it.

Yeah make sure you guys report problems. These are brand new systems that they specifically said are incomplete and will improve and change. Red5 has a record of actually listening to player feedback so tell them!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Doodles posted:

ALSO: Who knew that Red 5 rented their servers from EA? :downsrim:

? I just went through it for shits and giggles and didn't notice anything like that? What frame were you using?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I almost want to try this, but the cartoony, cel-shaded graphics are a visual turn-off.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, at any rate.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

xxEightxx posted:

? I just went through it for shits and giggles and didn't notice anything like that? What frame were you using?
Tutorial stage before you even get a battleframe.

"Crouch and walk under these beams."

Okay. What's the command to crouch? (Yes, I know it, but this is a tutorial. It should tell that to you.) And yes, I'm reporting this as I go.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Doodles posted:

Okay. What's the command to crouch? (Yes, I know it, but this is a tutorial. It should tell that to you.) And yes, I'm reporting this as I go.

didn't the key pop up on your screen in your notification area?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

moolchaba posted:

I almost want to try this, but the cartoony, cel-shaded graphics are a visual turn-off.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, at any rate.

You should try it before making a judgement like that, the game look fantastic and slick as hell. Grab a key and give it a shot, nothing to lose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll
Jan 15, 2012

Doodles posted:

It told me how, but the servers are having a terminal meltdown at the moment so who knows what is happening as a result.

I pity whoever has to do triage on the updated bug list Monday.

• Locked thread