Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

musouka posted:

GX gets good (imo) because it finally realizes it has a lead that's sort of a terrible person and decides to sincerely explore that. In order for that to work, you sort of have to sit through the hundred episodes of Judai being creepily gung-ho about duels where he or his friends could die miserable deaths, for context. I've tried to show people parts of the third season because they don't want to sit through the rest of it, and it's pretty much always fallen flat.

If you have a sense of humor, the first two seasons aren't that hard to watch. The show loves to poke fun at itself and the concept, with stuff like ancient mountain top dojos for card games and a guy that is part dinosaur because they used a fossil instead of a bone when he broke his leg.

But if that sounds less fun and more unwatchable, I'd just watch 5Ds.

I would say GX is definitely worth a watch because it is literally loving insane. They also run out of card game ideas at one point and have the majority of a season basically be Digimon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

planetarial posted:

I personally also liked the last two opening themes for 5D's and the last one for GX (which for the former was also done by a JAM Project member). If there is one thing YGO got right every time it was the music.

Well, not quite every time...

• Locked thread