Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

androo posted:

They loving killed it in Brooklyn earlier. Super-high energy, long and varied set that had most of my favorite songs, and a surprise guest vocals from a very very blonde Annie Clarke (St. Vincent), even though her mic was quiet and the backing touring vocalists sung her parts over her.

Matt is a huge crazy rear end in a top hat on stage and I love it. Does he normally hit himself in the head with his microphone, throw his mic stand around, drop beer bottles, or run 80 feet out into the crowd with a wired microphone and then move to one side, forcing everyone to hold his mic cable in the air and pass it along?

Yeah, he tends to do that more often than not when they play Mr. November.

I lined up early for GA yesterday, so I managed to hug a railing for the entire night. I didn't realize how much the floor filled up until I saw pictures posted to Instagram after the show. Anyway, since it was an arena show in their hometown I felt like the band really went all out for it. 24 songs! They didn't look out of place playing there at all.

Sirius XMU broadcast the show live and it looks like they'll re-air it a couple of times this weekend.

quote:

The National Live in Brooklyn
Today 10:00 am ET
Just weeks after the release of their sixth studio album, Trouble Will Find Me,The National will perform their biggest homoetown show ever at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. And you'll hear it live on Sirius XM U.

Rebroadcast: Sat 6/8 3:00 am ET; Sat 6/8 3:00 pm ET; Sun 6/9 12:00 pm ET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

If anyone is awake at 4 a.m. Eastern on Saturday the 8th (tomorrow), there will be a YouTube live stream of The National's performance at the Sydney Opera House - http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/the_national_2014_live_stream.aspx

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Anyone else going to the last Brooklyn show tonight? I'm planning on getting there around 4:30 to get a good spot. So pumped. I've only seen 3/5 of them play the Tibet House benefit gig at Carnegie Hall, so this will be my first time seeing the entire band.

I'll be at tonight's Prospect Park show but won't be lining up quite that early. I'll be tempting fate with the Friends of Celebrate Brooklyn entrance when doors open. Anyway, I hope you get a great spot and enjoy the show!

The Bowery Presents site was advertising tonight as their last NYC show on the Trouble Will Find Me tour, but that statement seems to have been taken down since I last checked. Wishful thinking, but maybe they'll play some tiny venue in the area sometime soon.

• Locked thread