Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Not sure what "Lola" and "Sullivan" have been renamed, or if they made it. It seems like Rylan didn't make the cut unless it, too, got a title change, but that seems unlikely.

Here's hoping Rylan made the cut and just got a title change.. or at least a studio version on a B-side. It's a beautiful song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

lowercasejames posted:

Is it weird that I think High Violet is a fantastic running album? So easy to zone out on. Can't wait for the new one.

Not at all. High Violet was regularly on my jogging playlist. There's something about the tempo of the album that makes it easy to run to.

And if you're looking for Piano driven songs, "Think You Can Wait" is my favorite.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 8, 2013

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

It's beautiful, I love it. Can't wait for this album.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

If you were to have someone listen to Terrible Love for the first time which version would you give them?

I really like the alternate version but there was something about the album version that got me hooked.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Glug_Glug posted:

I'm pretty sure his wife helps write some of the lyrics.

Yeah I've heard the same thing. I think it was mentioned in a behind the scenes video for Bloodbuzz.

For fans in the Los Angeles area, they announced a show at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, August 11. I was able to catch Explosions in the Sky at this place a few years back and I still consider it the best show I've ever been to, really an amazing venue. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Anyone else going to the Hollywood Cemetery show tomorrow? It's an amazing venue and if you're in the area and can find a ticket on craigslist or stubhub below $100 it's worth it. Right now tickets are at $125 on stub hub, but just keep an eye on it tomorrow, people might try to sell them at a lower price.

I'm also seeing them at the Greek tonight, can't wait to hear the new songs live!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I was able to go to both The Greek Theater and the Hollywood Cemetery show. Both shows were equally amazing. The new album sounds fantastic live. I brought my point and shoot to the Greek and was able to bring in my DSLR to the Cemetery show. I uploaded whatever didn't come out blurry over on Flickr.

The Greek Theater Gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67770690@N07/sets/72157635050698914/

The Hollywood Forever Cemetery Gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67770690@N07/sets/72157635044208489/

And I was able to get a few videos from the Greek show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJ8jQmfThc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4JoSLNGQTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZYisg-kUs

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Official video for Graceless. It's brilliant. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpz_gUyImhw

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

That's weird, Scott is not in those videos. :confused:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

dinosaurtrauma posted:

I still do not realize, mind explaining?

Hitting the guitar on the floor causing all the strings to ring out.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well the second half of that is true, but there are times when Matt doesn't seem so supportive. For example: Towards the end in Brooklyn, he's letting Tom live with them, and yeah, that's huge, but when they're talking outside and Carin's filming, Tom's talking about wanting raw emotion to be included in his film, albeit in a melodramatic way, and Matt's just laughing and saying "It's just a loving rock doc" like he has no idea how important it actually is to Tom and how it's one of the only things he really has going for him.

Matt comes across at having this inflated ego and delusions of grandeur that he's a bigger success than he actually is, despite admitting in the film that he's not all that famous. The rest of the guys seem a lot more down to earth.

I was able to go to a screening in LA a few months back where they had a Q&A with Matt, Tom, Carin and an additional editor that worked on the film. Someone asked about this particular moment and Matt explained that at that point he really had no idea how personal the film had gotten to Tom, because like he said, he really thought it to be no big deal and it was just some dumb rock band documentary.

I also was able to catch The Shrine premiere where The National preformed right after. When Matt went into the crowd for Terrible Love, Tom came running out behind him. :3:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Davincie posted:

When I saw them live they had this cool setup where you could see them on projectors behind the scenes live before it started and this went on till they walked on stage and the projector/what you could actually see lined up and became the same. Is this a regular thing?

Yeah, when I saw them at The Greek and the Hollywood Cemetery they had the same thing going on. I got to my seats at The Shrine show a little late so I didn't see if they had the backstage camera going but they definitely had the same song going so I assume so.

• Locked thread