Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are like so many bad things about this chapter I dunno where to begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://readms.com/r/naruto/698/2587/1

Man, gently caress you all, I love romance manga

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

There are like so many bad things about this chapter I dunno where to begin.

Start from page 1 and work from there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Start from page 1 and work from there.

Terper posted:

http://readms.com/r/naruto/698/2587/1

Man, gently caress you all, I love romance manga

Translator's notes are incredibly romantic.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is Sasuke going to give Naruto his right arm?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I thought it was a sweet chapter. I honestly can't remember the last time we saw Sasuke smile without being crazy, it's like he's at peace :unsmith:

By the way, any news on Sasuke SD getting translated?

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 29, 2014

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oknope posted:

Is Sasuke going to give Naruto his right arm?

I call this the Sharingarm 2 :unsmigghh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This is the worst loving manga.

Apparently ninjas have a new weakness: "blood loss". Kishi is the worst at continuity.

watch this turn into a loving God Hand sequence

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tonfa posted:

I call this the Sharingarm 2 :unsmigghh:

Instant arm, just add Hashirama. :eng101:

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Doesn't Naruto have the power to recreate body parts? Or did he lose that one? I can't keep track.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Nah, you guys, Naruto's going to get an automail arm and burn down the Uchiha complex before wandering the world with his life partner, Sasuke.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm afraid to think what insanity the narutards are breeding from this, especially now that it's almost out of our faces.

(And yes they're more insane a fandom than Homestuck's)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The worst possible outcome. Where's a pillow when you need one?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

At this point, I kinda hope that Orochimaru tries to take Sasuke's body while he's helpless, but then that means that he's shoe-horned in as a villain at the last second.

Which means BS oneshotting or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AshB posted:

Doesn't Naruto have the power to recreate body parts? Or did he lose that one? I can't keep track.

They can always slap a white zetsu on it. Or each take an arm from Madara.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

At this point, I kinda hope that Orochimaru tries to take Sasuke's body while he's helpless, but then that means that he's shoe-horned in as a villain at the last second.

Which means BS oneshotting or something.

He'll come to steal Sasuke's body but then notice the missing arm and give up. He's not going through arm bullshit again.

Turns out the Third actually did save the day.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Someone photoshop the blood between them into a heart. This goddamn manga...

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

AshB posted:

As been pointed out earlier the promo stuff for The Last movie spoils the drama a bit, but Naruto's right arm is bandaged. So maybe it grows back but messed up.

Can't really be mad at the manga at this point, just a shame the pacing is all rushed now when there were easily missable spells where more resolution could be dealt with. To add to the power level stuff, it's definitely true that power levels are dumb now, I think the only problems are just the big Sharingan abilities, (it was cooler when it was just photographic reflexes anyway) and then at the very end the Ten-tails/Madara/Zombie army/Draenai boss lady, plus the anti-climatic ending to the latter. Pain was fine since he was powerful, but there were "rules" that could be understood and beaten. Actually, Madara on his own would probably be fine.

And, eh, I like the chapter, good character stuff, I think it works.

How long have they been there though? Did they sleep through the night without anyone coming for them?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Did the 9 tails die?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BizarroAzrael posted:

How long have they been there though? Did they sleep through the night without anyone coming for them?

Sorry, the only people with any agency who aren't currently in a dream tree are Naruto and Sasuke. Were you expecting Sakura to actually do something?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gyges posted:

Sorry, the only people with any agency who aren't currently in a dream tree are Naruto and Sasuke. Were you expecting Sakura to actually do something?

I kept going 'oh hey they are talking about how they are gonna die, time for sakura to show up and heal them'.

I don't know why I would ever think that.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the sage ghost guy is gonna poof in and give them their arms back and heal them

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 29, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i did kind of like that final panel though

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Does anyone else read 9 Tails in the voice of Joe Pesci or Gilbert Gottfried?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

dog kisser posted:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just kiss already, god.

I was totally expecting Sakura to show up midway through to bail their asses out but hahahaha nope.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hinata shows up and pushes their arms back into place.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
Naruto can already make limbs and eyes regrow. If they haven't died from an arm missing after passing out for over a night, nothing is gonna happen. Also, another opportunity for a female character to not be useless, but she got lost.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

dog kisser posted:

Courtesy of the Chinese, I think.

e: beaten like Sakura trying to butt in on Sasuke and Naruto fighting

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AnonSpore posted:

Courtesy of the Chinese, I think.

e: beaten like Sakura trying to butt in on Sasuke and Naruto fighting

It's the symbol of the Goopy Goober!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i liked this chapter. it didn't have sasuke moping around and thats a plus in my book

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
After 17 threads I'm going to miss uhhh... some of you insane retards getting too into this.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Gyges posted:

Are we sure they're still in dream tree? I think the sage said they just had to touch the seals on their hands together to dispel IT. Sooo it might have ended when they exploded their arms against each other?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This was literally a bad translation away from Naruto saying "I can't quit you."

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Lamebot posted:

After 17 threads I'm going to miss uhhh... some of you insane retards getting too into this.

There's still Bleach.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Wtf is usura-tonkachi? Oh, it's "Sasuke's iconic phrase", I see. I assume it was always translated into something in previous chapters which is why I have never seen that phrase ever, so why not translate it. Or at least explain what it would likely be translated to. Seriously "a phrase that is both endearing and malicious" basically says nothing. loving translators, my god.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
People usually translate it as "dead last".

Because Naruto was the dead last in his class you see.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Guy A. Person posted:

Wtf is usura-tonkachi? Oh, it's "Sasuke's iconic phrase", I see. I assume it was always translated into something in previous chapters which is why I have never seen that phrase ever, so why not translate it. Or at least explain what it would likely be translated to. Seriously "a phrase that is both endearing and malicious" basically says nothing. loving translators, my god.

Wait that was an actual page? gently caress's sake, I thought it was a joke photoshop.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

Wait that was an actual chapter? gently caress's sake, I thought it was a joke photoshop.

AnonSpore posted:

Wait that was an actual manga? gently caress's sake, I thought it was a joke photoshop.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You Baka usura-Tonkachi just don't understand the sharingan Kokoro lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The child soldiers ripped each other arms off and laughed at how foolish they had been. Friendship? War? Are these not just a different name for the same goal? Together they reached the epitome of power through their struggles alone and they had to make it clear which was the strongest. However, they had never considered that their powers were indeed as equal as their goals and that they would have to give up everything to fatally wound one another. As they lie next to one another of the verge of death, there was nothing left to distract them. All of the beautiful nature around them and all of the people they loved had been destroyed in the wake of their battle. And so they did the only thing their bodies would allow them to, perhaps, ironically, the only thing they ever had to do: they talked to one another and understood what their fighting had really been about.

"Shut it... usura tonkachi," Naruto uttered as he smiled. The battle was finally over and they had extinguished those pent-up feelings of hatred from the past. Their bodies were worn and tired from the battle and the blood loss, but their hearts were warm and their minds were clear. For just this one moment of clarity, which is rare in a child's life, maybe all the pain they felt was worthwhile.

• Locked thread