Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
I found the You Make The Card result!

quote:

Enchantment (red)
R: any number of target multicoloured creatures get +3/-3 until end of turn
When ~this~ enters the battlefield, put a improbability counter on target creature
Each creature with a improbability counter on it gains ''2BRGR: put a 1/1 red Elemental creature token onto the battlefield'' and ''1RRR: put four 7/1 red Dragon creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield'' and ''1RRRR: put a 1/1 red Goblin creature token onto the battlefield'' and ''Sacrifice ~this~: put a 1/1 black Goblin creature token onto the battlefield'' and ''Sacrifice ~this~: put two 1/1 black Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield'' and ''Sacrifice a creature, sacrifice any number of Goblins: that many artifacts gain protection from sorcery spells until end of turn'' and ''Sacrifice a Goblin: destroy target land''
activated abilities that aren't mana abilities cost your opponents an additional ''Tap an untapped permanent you control'' to cast
If you would lose life, instead target creature gets +4/+0 until end of turn
Hellbent - If you have no cards in hand, Pay 3 life: You and target opponent each untap and gain control of up to three target creatures the other controls until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.

Converted mana cost: 2

Two mana for an enchantment that stops you from losing life and gives you 28 flying power for 1RRR? Sure sounds like a user-made card.

E: I think more than the patently ridiculous cards, I'm impressed by the ability of this thing to stumble across cards with flavor and synergistic abilities every once in a blue moon. Besides the base mana cost, this card actually seems cool:

quote:

Creature - Human Druid (1/1, green)
1G, Sacrifice a land: regenerate two target creatures
3G: you reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a land card, put that card into hand, and shuffle the rest into your library.

Converted mana cost: 5

Nibble fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Here's my submission:

Psychic Thumbscrews

A progressively more expensive, but more sadistic ratcheting down of hand size.

When ~ enters the battlefield, put one counter on it.

Opponent's maximum hand size is reduced by X where X is the number of counters on ~.

BX: Add a counter to ~. Only {B} may be used to pay X.

Something like this could be really powerful in choking out a control deck but I doubt you could put together the mana fast enough to make it worthwhile against aggro. Thus it's perfect for Wizards and I will win the contest.

Adding a counter should probably be sorcery speed. Otherwise you can stack activations so you can pay six for counters 2, 3, and 4 all at once - I wouldn't call that broken, but definitely seems unintended.

• Locked thread