Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

No one deserves anyone and I'd rather you make epilogues to actual character stories than this, but it's not like Bleach was ever gonna have a satisfying ending so lol.

Honestly it's really weird Bleach has like a 10 years later epilogue anyway, because it's not as if the series ever had much emphasis on the future or character's actually changing. Like not a single main character actually had a goal or dream or anything. So it's not as if a skip to the future brings any closure on them.

It just confirms to me that Kubo had no plans about the ending and just went with the most generic epilogue he could think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
ten years doesn't seem like a lot when you can live for hundreds of years.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly I can't think of a more suitable ending for what Bleach became

Also lmao at the ending focusing on characters Kubo tossed under a bus for the loving Shinigami a decade ago

RIP Bleach, much like Ichigo you became a ghost long before you actually died, thank you for the good times

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only satisfying thing about the ending is Rukia becoming a captain, I guess. I mean she's the only character I still care about who's been in a decent number of chapters, which is a dumb metric to use I suppose.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she had a bankai and there were lots of openings, so i dunno why she only became one just now. the way they initially explained it, anyone with a bankai could become a captain if there was a spot free, and if not they could defeat one of the sitting captains. but oh, wonder of wonders, kubo was inconsistent with stuff he wrote years ago.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ampuli posted:

ten years doesn't seem like a lot when you can live for hundreds of years.

The 10 years later thing only matters for the humans because the SS part of the epilogue could've happened a week after the war and not a thing would've needed to be changed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Like not a single main character actually had a goal or dream or anything.

orihime wanted to be a robot

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Chad's dream was to use his fists to protect and Ishida's was to not become a doctor or something so really they just both failed their dreams

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God drat it was Renji the only one who got what he wanted?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Serious Frolicking posted:

she had a bankai and there were lots of openings, so i dunno why she only became one just now. the way they initially explained it, anyone with a bankai could become a captain if there was a spot free, and if not they could defeat one of the sitting captains. but oh, wonder of wonders, kubo was inconsistent with stuff he wrote years ago.

Look all of the positions were filled up and she was already in Ukitake's spot, it takes time to file the paperwork out for this and Kyoraku'll be damned if he's filing paperwork

slev
Apr 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

He'd probably still manage to lose to Byakuya

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unlike ichigo, ishida actually noticed that orihime was an attractive girl. it never even reached the extent of a crush because kubo doesn't write romance, but it was there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Baal posted:

Look all of the positions were filled up and she was already in Ukitake's spot, it takes time to file the paperwork out for this and Kyoraku'll be damned if he's filing paperwork

you just don't understand this old mountain man's pacing

slev
Apr 6, 2009

btw that Bleach live action movie is a Japanese production with that dude who made the Gantz live action stuff.

Which is hilarious because the reception to this ending is probably going to be really bad in Japan so I wonder how they are going to try to sell a movie in 2 years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They could Shaq Fu 2 it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Orihime married Ichigo.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

actually he isn't, Rukia had the qualifications to be promoted for a long time but byakuya had been playing politics and keeping her down to "protect" her (except grunts are pretty much the only people ever in danger)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfgames posted:

actually he isn't, Rukia had the qualifications to be promoted for a long time but byakuya had been playing politics and keeping her down to "protect" her (except grunts are pretty much the only people ever in danger)

she had the qualifications to become a lieutenant for ages, but that is entirely different from her becoming a captain when she met the requirements

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

she had the qualifications to become a lieutenant for ages, but that is entirely different from her becoming a captain when she met the requirements

byakuya has ghost money and ghost money talks.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
There's a hole in the wall where Ywach can see it all

slev posted:

Which is hilarious because the reception to this ending is probably going to be really bad in Japan so I wonder how they are going to try to sell a movie in 2 years.

Woah woah, this isn't some moderately budgeted hollywood b-movie we're talking about here, this is a Japanese production which means it'll be out by next spring at the latest.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Elfgames posted:

byakuya has ghost money and ghost money talks.

But only for precisely 10 years. After that anything's game.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Literally The Worst posted:

mangastream is no poo poo the reason i bought a sub to Jump

i'll live being a week behind if i dont have to put up with their primadonna nakama poo poo

I don't keep up with anything aside from One Piece. What did they do?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HI GUYS I'VE BEEN AVOIDING THIS THREAD FOR A BIT BUT KOREAN SCANS ARE OUT.

HERE YOU GO.

http://blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1751781

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OKAY I FINISHED READING IT.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I swear if one piece has an epilogue with main characters kids in it I will destroy jump with my bare hands

Unless Brook manages to have skull children.
that would be ok.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I swear if one piece has an epilogue with main characters kids in it I will destroy jump with my bare hands

that would be ok.

what was ace, if not a one piece 0 main character kid

makes you think

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'M GOING TO r/bleach NOW.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'M GOING TO r/bleach NOW.

godspeed, bring back rage

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot that the chapter's not out in English yet.

I did find this though.

http://imgur.com/a/N5MWO

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

that would be ok.

Chopper will have kids.

He will also be dead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I refuse to believe anyone cares about finding out what the Soul King's deal is.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I refuse to believe anyone cares about finding out what the Soul King's deal is.

I care.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Wrist Watch posted:

DBZ is the Seinfeld of shounen.

If you didn't read/watch it before it's nearly impossible to go back to it because everything it inspired cannibalized it to the extent that the original is bland and uninteresting.

Nah, Seinfeld is still really funny and anyone who doesn't think that has no taste.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to waiting for the last chapter of Bleach to come out so I can read it and go back to pretending I like good things.

I forgot that the chapter's not out in English yet.

I did find this though.

http://imgur.com/a/N5MWO

Gin is so loving cool and I'll never forgive Kubo for loving chumping him the way he did.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I refuse to believe it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe I never specified if timeskips were considered forms.

I don't think they are though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Can't believe I never specified if timeskips were considered forms.

I don't think they are though.

He transformed into a Dad. I'd say it counts.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://mangastream.com/r/bleach/686%20%28End%29/3613/1

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The nightmare is finally over, we are free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Somehow it is only fitting that in the end, Ywach is effortlessly chumped by the new MC with barely any explanation.

• Locked thread