Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams
Loving the whole thing, this one has earned another well-deserved spot on my perma-playlist.. that said, anyone else notice the high-pitched whine right after the break in Kalopsia? You can hear it in the silence between the riffs, and throughout the end of the track. I hope that's a compression artifact but I noticed it in the video too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams

Indecline posted:

Any word on the presale code for the Canadian dates?

It was KALOPSIA. I just managed to get a single floor ticket to the Calgary show. Seems like they only released 150 floor tickets for the presale.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams
Saw them at Le Trianon last night while travelling in Paris. I managed to grab a ticket to the 1000 person venue even though they sold out in a minute or something ridiculous. My god, the crowd was in-loving-sane. The french really know how to throw down, it was one of the roughest shows I've been to!

Also the floor was hilariously bouncy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO--01o6B_4

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams

Boywhiz88 posted:

I like ...Like Clockwork but if I may slightly derail, I finally listened to Death by Sexy from Eagles of Death Metal a week or two ago. How is that Josh is just so full of riffs, and lyrics, and oozes sex and sexuality and is basically a 6'4" rock god? I can listen to every track on this album although I definitely have my favorites.

But it's fun to listen to this and then ...Like Clockwork and think: the same guy was the mastermind behind each of these albums.

Thanks to this post I checked out EODM and I've now got Heart On and Death By Sexy on repeat.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams

Flaggy posted:

I get to see these guys on Sunday, it will be my 2nd time, the first time I saw them they were opening for Rage Against the Machine. Anyone have a setlist of what they have been playing on this current tour?

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=queens+of+the+stone+age

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams
I was at the Calgary show too, I enjoyed the set but REALLY enjoyed the crowd. One of the best crowds Calgary has put out in.. ever?? The pit was a ton of fun, and super friendly. No elbows or fists, just a whole bunch of people throwing down to good music. Saw them in Paris a few weeks ago and honestly got my rear end kicked by all the Parisians jockeying for position in the crowd at every surge, it was lame and unnecessarily rough (though the band and venue were fantastic that night). This show kicked rear end, if only we had a venue with decent sound AND a bunch of standing room!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

- Douglas Adams

seventeen posted:

Years ago I missed this lineup with Death From Above 1979 opening. I can't begin tell you enough how much I regret not going

Huge DFA fan, honestly bought tickets to see them thinking they'd kill it opening for NIN/QOTSA. Misprinted times on the tickets meant a nearly empty arena while they played. They also appeared to only have the stage monitors plugged in. :flaccid:

Then QOTSA. First time seeing them live. Wasn't a big fan going in, was absolutely floored and certainly a fan leaving.

• Locked thread