Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Can't wait, Homme has yet to let me down with any of his albums or projects. Kinda curious that Oliveri is coming back into the fold though. He was originally kicked out of the band for abusing his girlfriend (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk2lB7oAwBY) and two years ago Oliveri got in a loving hostage stand-off with a SWAT team. It'll be interesting to see if Josh comments on his relationship with Nick at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
RE: Elton John collab discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2-LKSHt0Uk

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

Never heard about that. Oh well.
I posted about it on the first page of this very thread. Check his wikipedia if you're interested on more details, he's a deranged lunatic.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Pitchfork has 'em both up, along with a short interview.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Deeters posted:

You east coast goons saw that they're having a contest giving away tickets for a show in NYC coming up, right? Basically all you have to do is email them. Here's the link explaining it
Thanks, here's to hoping I win tickets.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Quoting the shining? :wtc:

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

llibja posted:

This band is so much better with Jon Theodore it's not even close.
I mean he's no Dave Grohl, but he's way better than Joey.

edit: also I just discovered this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSqNdylIXNk

Jeff Wiiver fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 24, 2013

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Josh won the lawsuit a couple months ago and Kyuss Lives changed their name to something else.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
According to pitchfork, it was an actress from One Tree Hill that caused the car crash that almost killed Josh.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
You can watch the CBS broadcast here if you missed it like I did.

Edit: also they're playing at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple tomorrow night but it sold out pretty much instantly.

Jeff Wiiver fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 6, 2013

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4611223/events/2225884

live

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

seventeen posted:

Any word on who is opening for them? I grabbed tickets to this as well
You might have seen it by now, but it's The Kills. Managed to snag 3 GA tickets this morning at 10 when they went on sale. It'll be my first time seeing Queens and I cannot loving wait.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Bliggers- posted:

WHAT THE gently caress
Yeah I'm pretty excited to see them as well. I've seen Allison perform twice with The Dead Weather and she's loving awesome. Any tips on travelling to NYC? I'm in RI and was considering taking the train in from New London or New Haven.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Excuse the self-promotion, but due to tomorrow's inclement weather I'm looking to unload 3 General Admission tickets to the Barclay's show. PM me if interested.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

Hope you went in the end. Totally worth braving the snow and slush.
Didn't make it, no. I'm in Rhode Island though so it was just too much to drive all that way in terrible weather. I did manage to sell all 3 tickets through TicketMaster for more than I paid for them originally though. Silver lining I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
My bet would be more TCV but I wouldn't count out another Eagles of Death Metal or Desert Sessions album either.

• Locked thread