Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They hired the guy who did all the Tool music videos to work on their first single?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Handen posted:

Is there a different number listed if you're in the states, or did they really manage to get 1-999-999-9999?

You click there and then type in your own phone number. 19999999999 is just a placeholder until you type in your phone number.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wish I knew a way to record that, as the phone call would be interesting to hold on to. But I figure someone has to have recorded it already, hopefully.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was trying to get a friend to get the phone call because she was out of the country, but that's obviously not going to happen now. Has anyone found something like a YouTube video or Soundcloud copy of the phone call? My searches have turned up nothing yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Half of My God Is The Sun.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, didn't have time at that time to really reply. But they all started with NIN doing "Copy of a...", where Josh walked out on stage about 1/3 into that song. Dave Grohl was hiding behind some screens playing the drums as well. After that song was pretty much finished (they dropped a lot of lyrics, skipped over some sections of the song), they went right into My God Is The Sun.

They also dropped some lyrics and some of the instrument only parts (think how the music video was versus how the song is on the album). However, about halfway into the song they got an airplay commercial just stealing the whole picture while the song continued to play muffled below that. They came back to the concert with the credits over the screen, and then cut to an advertisement cutting the song off entirely. Trent took it to Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there any legal way to obtain the Desert Sessions besides ebay? I want to own them, but they're not even on Amazon as a mp3 download.

• Locked thread