Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris are my two favourite QOTSA albums by far. And I really enjoyed Them Crooked Vultures. I started listening to QOTSA when "No-One Knows" was their big single, and while the early albums are good, I just don't return to them very much. I probably listen to the debut and Rated R once each for every 10 times I listen to Songs, Lullabies and Era.

Am I bad QOTSA fan?

(Also I agree about Misfit Love, that's a killer song and my absolute favourite by the band)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

tomm posted:

Totally right. This is my favourite recording. Josh looks out of his mind but it just sounds great. I've heard it live twice and its been my favourite song both times. And one of those setlists had The Bronze, so, you know.

You can tell they just love jamming to it. I've seen them all say in multiple instances it's pretty much their favourite song to play nowadays. Prior to Like Clockwork at least.

I knew that link would be the Henry Rollins show version. Pretty much the best version.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I also like QOTSA's low tempo stuff. For instance, "I Never Came" is one of my top 5 by them.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I loving love the new song. Holy crap.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The verses of If I Had A Tail really remind me of the verses of Misfit Love, though.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh god that song sounds so good. And that's just a minute and a half of it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Besson posted:

Not really feeling the tracks, but I'm pretty stoked to see Boneface get some cool work out there. That guy is a machine, and these videos are incredible, hopefully more are on the way. I'm loving how tied together the audio and visual components are.

EDIT: Cool boneface Spider-man picture just because:

Image by Jirat Patradoon (Australian artist who went to the same art school as I did).

Boneface is a known rip-off artist

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Yodzilla posted:

e: it's still miles better than this poo poo

What the loving poo poo was that awful loving poo poo

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"I got my own theme music, plays wherever I are" is my favourite lyric of the album.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tychtrip posted:

Mosquito Song being your favourite off SFTD is just bizarre (it's the worst song on the album). I don't really think there are any albums you'll like in full.

You're the one who is bizarre. It's one of the best QOTSA songs full stop.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Well that was nuts

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah, this has shot up my "most played albums" list in a year, while Era Vulgaris took several years to climb that list. (I'm basing this on Last.fm stats)

It's a brilliant album. Definitely my favourite by them.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bulging Nipples posted:

Wait, seriously? It sounds so influenced by his time with Them Crooked Vultures. Guess he always had it in him

.....it's not.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My favourite qotsa tracks in no particular order:

Misfit Love
Tangled up in Plaid
I Never Came
I Appear Missing
Someone's in the Wolf
Sky is Fallin'
My God is the Sun
Mosquito Song

gently caress I love this band.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Crackerman posted:

After Vampyre and Like Clockwork I really want them to have a shot at a Bond theme.

If anyone's going to do a Bond theme it's Muse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

tut posted:

I thought I read a few different interviews where he said they had material ready to go for a new album. Stuff that didn't quite fit the direction of LC but was recorded at the same time.

I would love an official b-sides CD with that material, Fun Machine, Era Vulgaris, etc :swoon:

• Locked thread