Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Thanks for sharing, it's cool to get a very different take on a bunch of QOTSA songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8N3oezMc2c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Boston tickets are up for presale! I'm stoked; it'll be my first time seeing them.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JoTro posted:

This is great!

Metallica is selling something similar but much uglier, too:

http://www.metallica.com/products/master-holiday-sweater.asp

I'd wear it to an ugly sweater party or something like that, but $75 is an awful lot to ask for something just so tremendously ugly.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Anyone else go to their Boston show last night? The crowd didn't have great energy and the venue had a weird divider in the middle of the floor that didn't help, but the Queens put on a hell of a show! I'd never seen them live before and they did not disappoint.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I saw them on Monday in Providence, and while the venue wasn't great for them, they put on a killer show. The Providence Performing Arts Center was just more of a place to see plays than actual concerts, so there were rows and reserved seats pretty much exclusively. They played a ton of Era Vulgaris stuff, which was a pleasant surprise.

Also, is anyone going to their big show in LA on Halloween? It seems kind of insane:

I already got my ticket!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Brody Dalle was great I thought, but different strokes I guess. If I recall correctly he's been helping her write songs lately, or at least they're pushing her occasionally on the QOTSA Facebook page. The sound was awesome at PPAC though, without a doubt. It's just hard to dance or whatever at a rock show when there's designated seating.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pirate Jet posted:

I guess it's pretty reviled amongst the fan base, but I'm actually gonna have to go with Fun Machine.

Is it really reviled? That song's been growing on me since I saw them play it live in December.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I can't think of a bad track on ...Like Clockwork, and I've been listening to it regularly for over a year now. The title track is something I need to be in the mood for and Fairweather Friends is merely okay to me, but there's not a track on that album I don't enjoy.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Even well-past-his-prime Chris Cornell did a good Bond theme, so I think just about anyone could with the right direction.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Did anyone else go to their End of the Road show tonight? It was loving stellar and I was getting tossed around like 20 feet from the stage.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah, it was the same tour. I saw them in Boston and Providence and it was part of the ...Like Clockwork tour. The setlist was different every night, here was last night's:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2014/the-forum-inglewood-ca-6bcc26f2.html
Nick Oliveri was with them for the encore so they played a bunch of Rated R stuff.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Jeff Wiiver posted:

My bet would be more TCV but I wouldn't count out another Eagles of Death Metal or Desert Sessions album either.
I read an interview last week that said they were already recording more Eagles of Death Metal. Does Josh tour with them too or just record?

They also said "first annual" for the Halloween show, so maybe they'll do it again next year, who knows.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Desert Sessions 9&10 is regularly in my rotation, as is Blues for the Red Sun. It's totally worth going back and listening to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Boywhiz88 posted:

What about Eagles of Death Metal? Do they count? I think they're supposed to have something new this year.
The announced a tour and the only US date was in a tiny club in Hollywood, but I'm hoping they'll come back and hit the East Coast. I'm really looking forward to something new from them.

• Locked thread