Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

You might have seen it by now, but it's The Kills. Managed to snag 3 GA tickets this morning at 10 when they went on sale. It'll be my first time seeing Queens and I cannot loving wait.

Yep, this is me too. Got two floor tickets for me and a friend, I'm beyond excited. Second concert ever, first QOTSA.

December 14th can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Yeah I'm pretty excited to see them as well. I've seen Allison perform twice with The Dead Weather and she's loving awesome. Any tips on travelling to NYC? I'm in RI and was considering taking the train in from New London or New Haven.

Yo, quit having things in common with me.

I usually take the Peter Pan/Megabus bus from RI to NYC, but I've heard the train is good too.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Didn't make it, no. I'm in Rhode Island though so it was just too much to drive all that way in terrible weather. I did manage to sell all 3 tickets through TicketMaster for more than I paid for them originally though. Silver lining I guess.

You shoulda took a bus or something dude, that's what me and my friend did.

I'm on the train home from the show right now and it was just great. The Barclays Center is super nice, and the floor was awesome. When Josh mentioned having played in Boston last night everyone booed and he just laughed.
Setlist was great, they sounded incredible, the crowd was super into every single song, and everyone who was moshing was just having fun, no malice.
So so good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

SRM posted:

I saw them on Monday in Providence, and while the venue wasn't great for them, they put on a killer show. The Providence Performing Arts Center was just more of a place to see plays than actual concerts, so there were rows and reserved seats pretty much exclusively. They played a ton of Era Vulgaris stuff, which was a pleasant surprise.

Also, is anyone going to their big show in LA on Halloween? It seems kind of insane:

I already got my ticket!

Oh hey, I was there too! Yeah, it was a really great show. Barry Dalle (the opening band) was really bad, but Queens themselves were great. PPAC is definitely not really built for a concert, but the design really helped the bass and the acoustics out; my friend and I's ears were muffled for a good 20 minutes after the show.
There was also some rear end in a top hat in front of us who kept randomly throwing his arms out in the air, grabbing his hat, doing it again, putting his hat back on, putting his arms out. Was getting real tired of it.

Best part of the show was apparently Josh's brother was in the crowd, tripping, and Josh pointed him out twice saying he was hosed out of his mind.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

SRM posted:

Brody Dalle was great I thought, but different strokes I guess. If I recall correctly he's been helping her write songs lately, or at least they're pushing her occasionally on the QOTSA Facebook page. The sound was awesome at PPAC though, without a doubt. It's just hard to dance or whatever at a rock show when there's designated seating.

I was digging them at first, but honestly after the third song it sounded like she was playing the same thing over and over, plus I don't really like the whole Paramore-sounding lead singers, so yeah, to each his own. The drummer was pretty cool, though.

But yeah, with a band with songs as danceable as Queens, it's a real shame there was no room to dance. You could practically see the whole crowd rotating their hips, trying to dance as much as they could.

• Locked thread