Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I feel like I'm the only one who didn't really dig My God is the Sun. Not a bad song by any means, but to me it just sounded like a rehashed The Sky is Falling, which is one my least favorite QOTSA songs. Still really looking forward to this album, though. I have odd QOTSA tastes. I like the first four albums pretty much equally (though if forced to pick, I'd say Rated R is my favorite and Lullabies my least favorite) but I really didn't like Era Vulgaris. Misfit Love is great, and a few other songs are good, but I just didn't get into that album. Them Crooked Vultures sounded like Era Vulgaris with better bass and drums.

Not trying to be a downer though, I'm still excited for more new stuff.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

The WTF interview was good stuff, interesting to hear Josh finally elaborate on what happened with being bedridden and such. For those that can't listen, Josh hosed his immune system by doing too much of the types of drugs that keep you up for days (they really avoided naming the drugs but the fact that they were so ambiguous makes me think it was the worst of the worst), and then contracted MRSA (antibiotic-resistant staph infection) on his leg. While having surgery on it, he choked on an oxygen tubes and they almost lost him. He was contagious for 4 months so he really was bedridden and couldn't even hug his kids. I wasn't sure if he was being metaphorical about being bedridden in previous interviews, but apparently he was. Brutal poo poo.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I've actually loved Fun Machine since the first time I heard it. Even the original version which doesn't have that swing-time bridge/solo section. I saw them live in NY on Wednesday and Fun Machine might have been my favorite song of the night (although it was also great to see Better Living Through Chemistry live).

• Locked thread