Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I like how in that video the camera sweeps back over a sea of thousands of people, the band a few tiny dots on the horizon, and then somewhere you hear someone shout MEXICOLAAAAAAA!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I love I'm Designer, not exactly the usual Queens style but I like the lyrics and the fractured parts that make up the whole of the music. Plus it's a great contrast when the sung parts kick in. And there's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qb1yPVBrN4

I linked the higher quality version but the other has the better description: "I guess this is the video for I'm Designer."

Oh while I'm posting videos, everyone's seen this right? I could never get into Misfit Love until I saw this, the album version always seemed to drag a bit but this has a ton of energy and I could listen to them riff forever :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYw0KhwXdAY

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Zaburino posted:

Wikipedia says Oliveri is only contributing vocals to one song, so Homme could have just stayed home that day or something.

Maybe it'll be like that Mr Bungle song where the bassist knew nothing about it until he found the recording in the studio one day, so he recorded old man vocals all over it and Mike Patton didn't find out until just before the album was released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydChUtBuVBE

edit for nurp

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 7, 2013

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

nosophoros posted:

Haha what's this? This I'd like to know more about!

Everything you want to know... and probably more!

http://www.bunglefever.com/faq.html#VI.5

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Bliggers- posted:

I was going to say you guys will not believe the sheer number of children and first time concert goers at a qotsa show, but it turns out some of you are in that same group.

It's somewhat cute. You guys aren't teenagers or something right? gently caress I feel old.

Please don't mosh or crowdsurf, that poo poo ain't cool.

I saw them on the Songs For The Deaf tour and the front was crammed with kids while the support band was on. Then the rest of the crowd started to get... taller. Queens came on and launched into Millionaire, you can guess what happened, and when the song ended there was a steady stream of kids getting the hell out of there

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Josh dropped his camera in the desert and a coyote ran off with it and they got it back later by luring the coyote with BBQ

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cheesus posted:

Unless Josh has given Nick permission to use it, he didn't write that song and I haven't heard of him singing it (up to this point).

I believe all other songs that he sings on R and SFTD are his though. Mondo Generator is pretty good too, so check those albums out too if you haven't already. I suspect the most attachable (especially coming from SFTD) is "Cocaine Rodeo".

There some great versions of songs you'll already know on there, at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_rZpTPw5U

This is what happens when a bassist has their own band

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Now that is a post/av combo

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Never realised Smooth Sailing was a Rated R outtake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Bulging Nipples posted:

I've been bamboozled. Seemed plausible it could have been an old demo/b side he dug back up from the desert session days, same way he sat on Make It Witchu for years before putting it on EV.

Haha nah, I was just thinking with all the talk of Josh's substance abuse past and how it almost killed him after his medical troubles, it's funny that he puts out this video. Fits in with the Rated R vibe and liner notes

Contains:
V Violence
BH Bad Habits
H Hallucinations
A Alcohol
S Illegal Substances

• Locked thread