Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Mother of Christ these songs are good. I appear missing probably has subliminal messages in it to make you listen to it over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I am still figuring the entire album out, which is probably a good sign, since I didn't really 'get' the last two albums on first listen and now I love them. However, the six minute version of I Appear Missing is my new favorite QotSA song.

I got tickets to see them in Council Bluffs this summer, very excited to see how this new material translates live.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

nuncle jimbo posted:

Sturgis is closest to me, that would be... different.

e: Council Bluffs doesn't count and will never count

I'm going to Council Bluffs :(

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

You weren't stupid, some of these songs are hard to 'get' on the first listen.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

JwintooX posted:

I think it took me 3-4 listen-throughs before I "got" the album, I don't know maybe it was my frame of mind at the moment but now I love this album!

Other than Songs for the Deaf, every Queens record has been like that for me.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

crikster posted:

As some what of a Mark Lanegan cheerleader, I was excited to hear he used to be in Queens of the Stone Age. All I know about that band is that they had a music video with Dave Grohl. I'm pretty disappointed so far, his vocals mesh better with the folksy sound like on Whiskey for the Holy Ghost.

What have you listened to that disappoints you?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Stokes posted:

Here's a shaky vid of Nick singing Millionaire last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7fOOY1ITE

The person holding the camera couldn't help getting buckwild when Nick started singing. Can't blame them, honestly.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

White Rabbit posted:

Fun Machine used to be my favorite QOTSA song. I believe I Appear Missing has some elements from it, notably drum fills and breaks that sound quite similar, has anyone noticed that?

Absolutely. Glad to hear I was not the only one thinking this. I Appear Missing feels like a sequel, or a continuation of the themes in Fun Machine.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

vandalism posted:

What is your favorite QOTSA song, and why is it "You Would Know"?

I see/hear hardcore fans talking about this song occasionally, and I don't really get it. It's certainly closer to the bottom of my list than the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Crackerman posted:

That mournful guitar wail in I Appear Missing is something else.

I think it's my favorite qotsa song, it's haunting

• Locked thread