Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
On one hand I dig how Josh evolved as a singer, his falsetto felt a bit off on TCV but it really fits this album. I also like how expansive the album is, dark as poo poo with Keep Your Eyes Peeled and I Appear Missing (which reminds me of The Fun Machine..., one of my favorite songs) and quite groovy with If I Had A Tail & Smooth Sailing. Kalopsia is instantly amazing also and a new direction for them that I really appreciate.

But this one lacks serious rockers, as a long time fan I'm desperately looking forward to finally seeing them live this tour but not really for these songs. Maybe My God Is The Sun & Fairweather Friends when it peaks are satisfying in that regard but that's it to me.

That being said the NPR show already tells me this is probably the best his crew has ever sounded. I'd be loving amazed if they kept their setlist as long and gratifying as they did there for the rest of their coming shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.

Zanael posted:

I hate you I hate you I hate you.

Edit : I hate you less now that I got tickets for the November 13th show in Paris, gently caress yeah :black101:

Pretty much this!! I'm loving pissed I didnt think of just going outside and just give a scalper half my paycheck.

The Trianon is basically a bouncy castle too so when the crowd gets going, everyone has to ... go with the flow!!! :rimshot:

See you guys on November the 13th. :france:

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
Just saw them on their first Paris gig and thankfully the sound was alright. Band of Skulls didnt really grab me but they had great energy for a three piece band.

I dont think setlists differ much this tour but we got some great tunes, although Clockwork heavy as expected but these songs perform great live.

setlist:
Avon & Mexicola
In the Fade, Feel good hit & Better Living
No one knows, Millionaire, Go with the flow & Song for the dead
Little Sister & Burn the Witch
Misfit Love, Make it wit Chu & Sick, Sick, Sick
Kalopsia, If i had a tail, Vampyre, Like Clockwork, Smooth Sailing, I sat by the ocean, My God is the sun

Kalopsia & Mexicola really stood out for me. Misfit Love is one of my favorites. I just wish they had closed with Long slow goodbye...

The whole show was really groovy, I'm glad I caught them!

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
Fun Machine used to be my favorite QOTSA song. I believe I Appear Missing has some elements from it, notably drum fills and breaks that sound quite similar, has anyone noticed that?

Now to catch them this year as well...

• Locked thread