Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I cannot loving wait. Hopefully they come back to Australia, and I can be creepy again and follow them around the country. Yes yes yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Oh man, My God Is The Sun is so loving good. My wife is going to hate me and this song from having it play on permanent loop until the album comes out.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Oh man, I can't wait for this album. Just listened to Kalopsia, and I was all like, "Yeah, this is pretty cool", then the explosion bit happened and I got shivers.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

I can't stop listening to this album. I didn't feel it too much on the first listen through, but oh boy I've come right around. The same thing happened with Era Vulgaris, but that took me a whole lot longer to come around. Good work Homme, you're still the only guy I'd go gay for.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Oh drat, I thought this was on tomorrow. Hope it gets put up for download.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Oh poo poo, I Think I Lost My Headache. I'm grabbing some beers on the way home from work and watching this all again.

Edit: I'm liking this new drummer too. Joey always sounded rushed playing live.

HairyNipple! fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 24, 2013

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

They've got a bunch of tour dates up now. No Australia yet, but I believe.

http://qotsa.com/live/

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

sircozzie posted:

Not the biggest fan of the opening track, or My God Is The Sun but the whole album is overall pretty loving great and tracks 6-10 are all amazing. I Appear Missing is possibly my new favourite QOTSA song.

I wasn't a fan of the first song until I got the opportunity to play it loud as gently caress. Now I love it.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Not really related to anything, but I was picking through the QOTSAarchive videos last night, and found the best version of The Fun Machine Took a poo poo & Died that I think I've heard.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Still no Australian dates announced, so I'm still just gonna post QOTSA videos.

You might've already seen it, but check out this full concert from 1998! It's raw and awesome. This is from a month before they even released their first album. I'd say Avon is my favourite from this performance. Also funny is how uninterested most of the crowd is. They don't even loving know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqaJLVt192s

Also at some point somebody shouts out, "KYUSS!". And Josh is like, "What? Oh yeah. Kyuss."

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Samopsa posted:

This is great. I loving love the first album.

Check out this one too. It's another Avon performance from 98. Notable because Nick has hair, and Josh Homme is trying to sell t-shirts to pay the bills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd4lc5vilFo

Edit: There's so many good old sets on Youtube. Check this one out too. They're playing for some Canadian radio station in 1999.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-8h2ha-AE

HairyNipple! fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

Nobody cares, but I just got tickets to the Sydney QOTSA/NIN show. Pumped as.

I tried to get them for Melbourne as well, but missed out. I have another pre-sale, then the actual sale to try for those though.

I've got a buddy I'm going with who's a massive NIN fan, but not a big QOTSA fan. I'm the opposite, so it's going to be weird.

• Locked thread