Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
drat. No chance of those being available without Zen then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Any ideas on how to best cheese the new Flamethrower mission? 15k damage with the Flamethrower for a weapon tag with reindeer antlers on it.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Artificer posted:

Any ideas on how to best cheese the new Flamethrower mission? 15k damage with the Flamethrower for a weapon tag with reindeer antlers on it.

Helodeck + cloak + emp/digi grenades perhaps?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

OMG I want all of these camos!

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

SwitchbladeKult posted:

OMG I want all of these camos!
The red camo can actually be acquired without buying it with ZEN - it's a mission after doing the "14000 flamethrower damage" mission, but it's bugged and you have to exit the game and log back in to get the camo available when you earn it. The Flamethrower damage one also gets you a holiday reindeer tag that gives you digi-antlers and nose as shown in the image, but there's a premium tag for $10 that gives you a permanent winter blizzard effect in addition to the digi-antlers.

The flamethrower damage one doesn't even take that long, since flaming people out of hardsuits gives a disproportionate amount (in the 1000s) of damage.

The Santago helmet also goes great with the chunky +20 armor.

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 21, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

40 Proof Listerine posted:

The red camo can actually be acquired without buying it with ZEN - it's a mission after doing the "14000 flamethrower damage" mission, but it's bugged and you have to exit the game and log back in to get the camo available when you earn it. The Flamethrower damage one also gets you a holiday reindeer tag that gives you digi-antlers and nose as shown in the image, but there's a premium tag for $10 that gives you a permanent winter blizzard effect in addition to the digi-antlers.

The flamethrower damage one doesn't even take that long, since flaming people out of hardsuits gives a disproportionate amount (in the 1000s) of damage.

The Santago helmet also goes great with the chunky +20 armor.

I have extremely poor luck with flaming people out of hardsuits... :(

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Artificer posted:

I have extremely poor luck with flaming people out of hardsuits... :(
EMP grenades + Stun shurikens = Crispy Critters.

Throw the EMP from cover, get a hit-marker, then pop out, shuriken, and flame. Works 60% of the time, every time.

Shocks don't stun for long enough, but EMPs will ruin a HS's day.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I'm fairly certain that if you've got enough money, just calling down a hardsuit and lighting it on fire with the flamethrower also works. Mission complete.

Edit: I still haven't been able to see the mission for the camo? What gives?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 21, 2015

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Did anyone else who owned "Metallic Gold", "Metallic Orange", "Metallic Cobalt Blue", or "Metallic Toxic Green" armor camos find themselves not owning it after the winter/holiday patch?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

gibbed posted:

Did anyone else who owned "Metallic Gold", "Metallic Orange", "Metallic Cobalt Blue", or "Metallic Toxic Green" armor camos find themselves not owning it after the winter/holiday patch?

Yes.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Huh. I have the red wrapping camo. Dont know how.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Artificer posted:

It was locked earlier tonight for me, and I have been having a lot of weird mission error popups happen when I go into the menu. It's possibly my flamethrower dickery tonight actually hit the requirement for it and I didn't know.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

gibbed posted:

I'm not in this category, but tons of users on the official forums were reporting issues with certain items not being owned after the holiday patch. Happened to me with the revival injector backpack. File a ticket with Hardsuit Labs support, and they'll take care of it in a few days, most likely.

Artificer posted:

Closing the client and reopening it may have done the trick - other users have reported the same thing where the mission didn't show until they logged back in.

In other news, if folks haven't already given it a spin, the Barricade Mk.2 is the most hilarious thing ever. You run incredibly fast with it up compared to the Mk. 1, and it must've been reverted at some point back to 125 damage a bash, so it mulches through dudes and is always great to pull up when exiting HRV or rounding a corner.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Confirmed: hardsuits you summon count for the mission. Just build up 1350 CP and enjoy your smoked gouda!

GP gain seems really slow even week the duplicator. Is that normal?

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Confirmed: hardsuits you summon count for the mission. Just build up 1350 CP and enjoy your smoked gouda!

GP gain seems really slow even week the duplicator. Is that normal?
If you win with the duplicator on, that's about 300 GP a game, 250 if you didn't win the match. Works out to a new perm part every 5 games or a new backpack/armor/gear piece every 2.5 hours or so, while being able to rent any single thing you want to try out for one game's worth of GP.

The real crimp in GP gain is the reduced missions rewards, and sometimes the missions seem to be bugged and not award GP.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The snowflake camo is just so lovely

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Xenaero posted:

The snowflake camo is just so lovely

How much is that?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Artificer posted:

How much is that?

500 zen I believe.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Xenaero posted:

500 zen I believe.

Then I will continue to sport my garish red and green wrapping paper camo.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
The launcher borked for anyone else? tried to log in, and I can't log in, patch, anything.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Maddot_66 posted:

The launcher borked for anyone else? tried to log in, and I can't log in, patch, anything.
As of this morning Jan. 4, 2016, launcher seems to be working. Was able to get in and get to customization screen, haven't played a round yet.

Sometimes the launcher gets borked and gives a message stating it can't log in, try again later; continued attempts to log in seem to get past that at intervals that have no rhyme or reason and make the login work by brute force.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Goonstomp is active. :getin:

EDIT: apparently officer rank didn't go through even though they fixed clan stuff. Can I get another go at that?

Maddot_66 fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 9, 2016

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Guys should add me on Steam and hit me up if you want to go a few rounds. Should be Switchblade.Kult on Steam.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Guys should add me on Steam and hit me up if you want to go a few rounds. Should be Switchblade.Kult on Steam.

You weren't on last week when gag and I were wrecking face. :argh:

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Hold onto your butts you nerds! New patch hitting soon for the February valentines day event.

You can find the patch notes here

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Maddot_66 posted:

Hold onto your butts you nerds! New patch hitting soon for the February valentines day event.

You can find the patch notes here

Yeahhh I can't say I'm exactly enthused over it. The bow challenge looks broken - a lot of matches will be ruined when people line up to get intentionally killed by the one guy who has the Cupid Arrow, since that's the only way to get it. The prestige levels are completely meaningless. And only the biggest, shameless whales didn't cringe at hearing that real-money chance packs are back.

The Valentine items FX look cool, I'll grant.

Not to open a :can:, but I've noticed a couple of similarly cyberpunk-esque games on Steam and I wonder what Blacklight goons think of them.

Metro Conflict - which ZeroArmada has been playing - looks decent, but sadly I can't get it to run (patcher crashes), and indeed it seems most of its negative votes on Steam come from technical reasons.

Ghost in the Shell looks even better and with several interesting BLR-esque mechanics, but it's in Early Access and I'm very wary of Nexon as a publisher.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

Ghost in the Shell looks even better and with several interesting BLR-esque mechanics, but it's in Early Access and I'm very wary of Nexon as a publisher.

This game needs a lot of work to even come close to being tolerable to play. Game is missing even simple poo poo like not having ADS on a toggle. :psyduck:

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
"Once you hit level 100 you will have the option of receiving 1 rank of prestige, which will then start you at level 1 of your next rank of prestige."

So does this mean that your access to gear resets as well? Like, anything you didn't Zen-perm is unavailable to you until you hit the required level? That would be an interesting challenge, but I can see about a zillion "HAY I DID PRESIGE AND LOST ALL MY STUFF" threads.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm astounded the game is still getting the level of support it is. Great on them. Still beats a ton of paid shooters to date.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Miss-Bomarc posted:

"Once you hit level 100 you will have the option of receiving 1 rank of prestige, which will then start you at level 1 of your next rank of prestige."

So does this mean that your access to gear resets as well? Like, anything you didn't Zen-perm is unavailable to you until you hit the required level? That would be an interesting challenge, but I can see about a zillion "HAY I DID PRESIGE AND LOST ALL MY STUFF" threads.

Nothing in the explanation hints at that. Looks like its just a way to measure e-peen.( I like measuring E-peen in this game.)

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Miss-Bomarc posted:

They took out level requirements for gear with the holiday patch, so you can rent/perm anything you want from level 1. Go enjoy your katanas and HRV cloaks!

NihilCredo posted:

Not to open a :can:, but I've noticed a couple of similarly cyberpunk-esque games on Steam and I wonder what Blacklight goons think of them.

Metro Conflict - which ZeroArmada has been playing - looks decent, but sadly I can't get it to run (patcher crashes), and indeed it seems most of its negative votes on Steam come from technical reasons.
Watched a little bit of Metro Conflict videos, it looks severely restricted compared to BL:R.
  • It's class-based, but each class has exactly two* choices of gun (the first gun comes in several P2W more powerful versions and the second gun is of the same class as the first) and one ability roughly analogous to any given BL:R backpack. You have one regular grenade.
  • Preview video of skills - "Body Armor" -> points to exposed midriff on female toon.
  • It's mini-map based, and enemies in line of sight of any of your teammates seem to be also on your radar; a "motion sensor" exists for one class which grants HRV for 3 seconds every 20 seconds.
  • It's much slower than BL:R to where one of the class's entire special ability is "people go faster." Mantling and wall running is a thing, though.
  • Straight from the mouth of ZeroArmada: "There needs to add an ability or option to disable the skills"
It looks like there's significantly less variety than BL:R. No hardsuits if that's your thing, but the reviews also seem to be torn on the grindiness of it as well.

With the Holiday patch enabling the GP duplicator, reducing backpack and armor perm prices, taking out level restrictions on perming, the grind in BL:R has really gone down. The sheer volume of stuff is a big investment to perm, but just getting to try out things ahead of time helps tremendously..

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Every time someone creates a Nexon account, Satan gains another soul. So please don't play Nexon games :shobon:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Played some TDM with the default level 1 weapons (bare AR, bare LP). Shows how well this game starts you off, really. The sky's the limit! Iron sights on containment made me nab a few extra deaths though.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
The servers are up again!

Also, I'm 15th prestige, rank 87, because i played this game way too much.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh goodness, only 7th prestige. Guess I haven't played a whole lot since beta.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

THEY FIXED THE AIRPLANE TAUNT. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Maddot_66 posted:

THEY FIXED THE AIRPLANE TAUNT. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

GAME OF THE loving YEAR.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The Jumpoff posted:

GAME OF THE loving YEAR.
Yeah it's pretty fantastic.

It also seems they granted everyone a camo based on when they started playing. I have a "Class of 2012" camo now.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

gibbed posted:

Yeah it's pretty fantastic.

It also seems they granted everyone a camo based on when they started playing. I have a "Class of 2012" camo now.

That sure is a color!

Pink and neon blue :stare:

e:

/
the gently caress is this

Lima fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Still doesn't beat my silver and gold obnoxious scheme :colbert: