Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Edit: Apparently they ran the scripts again to grant people The Droughtbreaker skin for the AR, I always figured I should have gotten it, and I have it now.

Edit #2: HSL is going to deploy a fix for people not being granted the arrow skin from the Cupid's Kiss mission properly tomorrow.

Xenaero posted:

Still doesn't beat my silver and gold obnoxious scheme :colbert:
Secret Silver and Veteran?

gibbed fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

gibbed posted:

Secret Silver and Veteran?
drat right

e: Using the default loadout is surprisingly effective

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 5, 2016

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/blacklight-retribution-alienware-exclusive-starter-pack
  • Alienware Tag (Permanent)
  • Order Helmet (Permanent)
  • Digital Blue armor camo (Permanent)
To redeem, ingame go to Settings > Redeem Key.

You might get the clap taunt too, but it didn't pop up in the list for me, but that may be because I already have it.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
For me, I got the Clap taunt but not the tag (and I think I'd already had the tag, so that's probably what is going on.)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just started this on the PS4 and I don't understand the hacking the console thing. It says to match but the things don't match up so I'm just loving guessing which one it wants.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just started this on the PS4 and I don't understand the hacking the console thing. It says to match but the things don't match up so I'm just loving guessing which one it wants.

You match the number in the center to the number on either side.

http://imgur.com/a/tyd0L

I believe I'm Prestige 100. Yay? :confused:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

You match the number in the center to the number on either side.

http://imgur.com/a/tyd0L

I believe I'm Prestige 100. Yay? :confused:

I never even noticed there was a number in the middle, I thought I had to do like, a closest match on either side.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Tried playing a few rounds and got whooped up on. I'm so out of practice!

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Free stuff from Alienware for Blacklight Retribution.

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/blacklight-retribution-alienware-exclusive-starter-pack

If you already have one of these, it will not give you a duplicate of the item. You will receive all the other items though.

Weapon Tag - Alienware Chip
Weapon Tag - Order Cartoon Helmet
Taunt - Clap
Camo Body - HS Digital Blue

Edit: I didn't know they had sights on bows now!

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 16, 2016

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are the Alienware codes for PC only? I started playing this again on PS4 since I'm away from my PC/it's old and I keep getting invalid code.

I stopped playing when they made rentals prohibitively expensive and I'm glad to see sane 1-day rentals are back + no more level requirements on everything

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Are the Alienware codes for PC only? I started playing this again on PS4 since I'm away from my PC/it's old and I keep getting invalid code.

I stopped playing when they made rentals prohibitively expensive and I'm glad to see sane 1-day rentals are back + no more level requirements on everything

I doubt that a PC hardware company would do a promotion on consoles :v: Guess contacting alienware or PWE support couldn't hurt though.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

SlayVus posted:

Edit: I didn't know they had sights on bows now!
You can have tags on the bow now too!

Lakbay posted:

Yeah it's PC only.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Xenaero posted:

I'm astounded the game is still getting the level of support it is. Great on them. Still beats a ton of paid shooters to date.

This is what I wanted to hear as I'm coming back after a few years' hiatus.

I finally have an SSD, getting those go-fast boots if they still exist.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

S.T.C.A. posted:

This is what I wanted to hear as I'm coming back after a few years' hiatus.

I finally have an SSD, getting those go-fast boots if they still exist.

Sprint is now infinite so everyone moves a lot faster. TTK has also dropped from various tweaks that came in during Parity. I don't know if that makes run fast builds better or worse. It's definitely worth trying out.

Edit: I'm still watching this thread so if anyone needs a clan invite post it or hit me up on Steam.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Edit: I'm still watching this thread so if anyone needs a clan invite post it or hit me up on Steam.

Inviting works again? If so, same :keke:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Does anybody have any particularly awesome load outs?

Also, is it just me or did they actually make it somewhat easier to get parts? I played for maybe 45 minutes to an hour last night and ended up with ~1400 gp, and noticed that most things I want are 4k-11k. Or else sadly zen only.

E: and did they do away with that weird gene splicing thing? The thing where you'd have like,three gene nodes,and had to combine and gamble them to get them better.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

S.T.C.A. posted:

Also, is it just me or did they actually make it somewhat easier to get parts? I played for maybe 45 minutes to an hour last night and ended up with ~1400 gp, and noticed that most things I want are 4k-11k. Or else sadly zen only.

E: and did they do away with that weird gene splicing thing? The thing where you'd have like,three gene nodes,and had to combine and gamble them to get them better.

Correct on all counts. It's easier to nab parts now that everything can be permed with GP only, they also lowered prices on a lot of stuff, so it's easier to break in.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

S.T.C.A. posted:

Does anybody have any particularly awesome load outs?

Gear and depot items are now 4,000 GP a pop - pick up a Swarm launcher and the Heavy Weapon Ammo refill and crap out rockets like no tomorrow (1000 CP for the launcher, then 250 per 2-rocket refill) - instant fun on Helo Deck!

The Holo Decoy is another great grab, especially when baiting people around corners.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Gear and depot items are now 4,000 GP a pop - pick up a Swarm launcher and the Heavy Weapon Ammo refill and crap out rockets like no tomorrow (1000 CP for the launcher, then 250 per 2-rocket refill) - instant fun on Helo Deck!

The Holo Decoy is another great grab, especially when baiting people around corners.

Or my favorite tactic putting the decoy on a ceiling in bumfuck nowhere.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I'm still super-fond of my healing syringe and hardsuit. The fact they brought it back to original maneuvering (i.e. no more stupid total-stop after sprinting/hitting a wall when sprinting) means it's loving incredible in the majority of scenarios, since so few people have that heat-up-the-hardsuit gun (not the flamer but the ranged one). I never really felt like I had to buy a depot item, it's mostly guns and armor I want (though I may swap out my HE nade with an HRV jammer to go with my prox mine and machete).

It really sucks that I chose a lot of gear based on stamina ><

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Fun thing I discovered. Fire resist gear while riding in a hardsuit really drives people nuts who expect to flamethrower you out of the suit easily. I heard the siren of someone trying to flamethrower me then just turned around and boosted to run them over. This happened a lot.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Can I get a good weapon setup for a newbie idiot? I'm on ps4 and the aiming feels really off and weird, and my gun feels super ineffective. I think I need a new sight at the very least.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

since it's mainly a PC game you'll have to mess with the sensitivity a bit. The iron sights on the starting AR are not the best by a long shot, luckily you can definitely rent a better sight for hardly any gp, if my memory of the game is still valid.

e: holy gently caress I really haven't played this game in a while, I'm probably super rusty

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I played that new oil rig map, boy l was I freaking terrible at it.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SlayVus posted:

I played that new oil rig map, boy l was I freaking terrible at it.

There's so many crazy angles to get shot from, it's nutso

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Yeah I have like 10,000 rent blue bucks, but not sure what to do with them gun wise. I'll just rent a sight and see how it does. Maybe just try random guns?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Moochewmoo posted:

Yeah I have like 10,000 rent blue bucks, but not sure what to do with them gun wise. I'll just rent a sight and see how it does. Maybe just try random guns?

Yes. Use the rentals to figure out what gun parts and gun receivers you like then once you find something that works perm it. I would start by renting the Silverwood combo scope on the AR. That's one of my favorites.

http://blacklight.wikia.com/wiki/Silverwood_Combo_Scope

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Moochewmoo posted:

Can I get a good weapon setup for a newbie idiot? I'm on ps4 and the aiming feels really off and weird, and my gun feels super ineffective. I think I need a new sight at the very least.

Last time I played BLR on ps4 I ran a SMG with ArmCom power muzzle/Briar CQC/Lightsky RDS/fastmags/Krane ultralight stock and it was pretty ridiculous. But honestly one of my favorite things about the game was that you could wreck face with the starting assault rifle and irons. Set wide look tight ADS and abuse autoaim. Game is half HRV timing, at least on console. Stopped playing when they added toxic ammo :[

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Yeah so it seems like none of the guns have recoil? I'm running the burst rifle with rented fire ammo and it just shits on people. Toxic ammo does 60% damage up front and 40% over time? I don't know, but I don't think I'll perm anything until the release their new balance patch.

10 bucks for the funny money doubler isn't so bad, so I can pick it up between game releases.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

If you're on PS4, then YEP, recoil is a foreign concept for some reason. Make Recoil a dump stat and make a super gun.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
For some reason, in the parity patch they took out the delay in burstfire weapon shooting so now it shoots as fast as you pull the trigger. PC people have been having a field day with tapfire scripts.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

CADH-WFUD-DPDF-YAPV

For permanent Bunny Ears Cyan and Bunny Ears Orange (the redeem popup will only show Cyan).

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

gibbed posted:

CADH-WFUD-DPDF-YAPV

For permanent Bunny Ears Cyan and Bunny Ears Orange (the redeem popup will only show Cyan).

Awesome! Thank you!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

HQEW-ZBCR-DKMC-YLUP

For permanent Bunny Ears Blue.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

What's that with weapon tags being trophies now? My tags seemed to work as usual :iiam:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Lima posted:

What's that with weapon tags being trophies now? My tags seemed to work as usual :iiam:

Particle effect tags, that is. Those were shifted from tags to trophies.

DM is always fun when you lock down a single corner

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 26, 2016

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
uh, so I guess they're still patching this game? You can have up to 50 loadout slots now, and loadouts can include different armor (and presumably gear). Which is kind of nice because now I don't have to join SnD or LTS with a Respawn Beacon equipped. Kinda sucks for the people who paid for-reals money to get more loadout slots back in the day.

And the game generates a code for a particular loadout, which other people can enter to add that loadout to use. (If it's stuff you don't own then you can only use it in a Practice match.)

Also everyone gets SMG and BAR for free now, for those few who didn't already have it.

And you get all-gold skins for things because Overwatch does that.

STILL NOT ACTUALLY IN THE GAME FOR SOME REASON:

*Being able to buy Electro, Explosive, and Magnum ammo

*An enforced delay on the firing rate of Burstfire or Semi-Auto weapons

*Putting back the ability to look around a Respawn Beacon and see if someone's there waiting for you to spawn

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Miss-Bomarc posted:

STILL NOT ACTUALLY IN THE GAME FOR SOME REASON:

*An enforced delay on the firing rate of Burstfire or Semi-Auto weapons

This right here is a big peeve of mine. Hate them fuckers.

Are other goons still playing this? I never see anyone else on.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Maddot_66 posted:

This right here is a big peeve of mine. Hate them fuckers.

Are other goons still playing this? I never see anyone else on.

I am currently punishing myself with MWO, nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I moved on to Overwatch and BF4. Might be willing to give this a spin again though.

• Locked thread