Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I've asked this in a "choose a system megathread" but I realise I should probably just ask here instead.

My friend is our GM and its his birthday at the weekend. I've massively hosed up by leaving it this late so my plan is to buy the PDF and have it printed and bound at a local printers.

I'm going to buy the PDF from Drive Thru but I'm reading in the Discussion section that there are multiple versions included in the download, so I'm just trying to gauge what I need to quote the printers in terms of pages in the book? It says 408 pages on Drive Thru, but is this including all the versions or for each version?

Edit: This is a dumb idea. I was quoted £65 for the 400+ page print out. Also to get the thing shipped from IndiePress was going to total about $90. I bought a half decent used copy from Amazon for just over £20.

The DPRK fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I've decided to DM my first RPG using the Dungeon World system and will begin next week with a session 0. So far I've read the goon guide to being a GM, and I think I understand now the story progression mechanics and the combat mechanics at a basic level.

I think I now need to understand the specifics of each class so I know the right questions to ask (eg: I understand that I must ask the Cleric about the wider religious world, their religion). The next thing I want to do is understand how fronts, tags, grim portents, and holds work.

I wondered if someone could just check I'm doing everything correctly. Am I overthinking at this stage? Is it okay to just get going with a limited grasp on the finer details?

Finally, I'm starting with 2 groups of 4 players each and I have a secret ambition to make their campaigns interact without them knowing it. Has anyone ever done this before? Do you have any cool ideas to share?