Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Is the basic Bard supposed to be able to target themselves with their magic songs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I haven't posted but I am absolutely interested in that. I have run PbtA games a handful of times (2 sessions of DW and 2 of The Sprawl) with some successes and some horrendous failures and would love to learn how to build on my basics. I have found two specific things I don't know how to deal with well: players who don't push themselves to be creative and players who are unhappy with my penalties and want more control over the narrative than I am prepared for

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Alright, I signed up for the GM Camp. If there are too many players at this point I'm okay with just watching, too.

I thought of another thing I hope is addressed during the camp so I'll bring it up now. I really hope we see good applications of the different ranges in combat. I had a lot of trouble determining how to make them matter/work, especially in Theater of the Mind style play.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Players also have a habit of butting in immediately as something resolves and also acting independently, so IMO it’s important to take your time as you’re responding to player moves. I know you all want to act but lemme throw the ball to you when I’m ready!!!

I've found that this is incredibly frustrating, even in non-DW games.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I'm ready. I had a really bad time trying to run a DW game back in February and it's scared me off trying to run games since then. :(